When using the Intel 82579LM driver, if you are facing issues with your internet connection, weak Wi-Fi signals, or witnessing high CPU usage, it’s time to update the Intel 82579LM gigabit driver. The article discusses two best ways to update the Intel gigabit driver and fix Intel 82579LM driver not working correctly on Windows 10.
What is the Intel 82579LM driver?
The Intel 82579LM Gigabit Ethernet controller driver helps the device communicate. Using this single-port integrated chipset, you can connect to the network. When the driver is outdated, you face connectivity issues. Below are the two ways to update the driver.
Best Ways To Update 82579LM Intel Driver
The methods explained below work on Windows 11/10/8/7. You can use them as your wish. With technical knowledge, time and patience can go with the manual method. However, if you are short on time and don’t want to spend time searching for the driver update, try Advanced Driver Updater to find the outdated driver and update it automatically. Follow the instructions below to use the methods.
Method 1: Automatically update Intel 82579LM driver (Suggested)
If the time on your hand is limited and your patience is wearing off when searching the web for Intel 82579LM driver update, use Advanced Driver Updater to do it automatically for you.
Advanced Driver Updater automatically detects your system details and identifies outdated drivers (Read Review). To use it, there’s no need to provide any information or know the version of the operating system your PC is running. Also, you don’t need to worry about downloading an incorrect driver. Advanced Driver Update will take care of all of it.
You can connect to an alternate Wi-Fi network to update the Intel 82579LM driver if there’s no internet connectivity.
You can update device drivers using either the Free or Registered version of Advanced Driver Updater. The registered version allows updating all outdated drivers in a single click. In comparison, the trial version will make you download all updates individually. The paid version comes with priority technical support and a 60-day money-back guarantee.
Intel 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection Driver Update Using Advanced Driver Updater
- Download and install Advanced Driver Updater.
- Run Advanced Driver Updater to scan the PC for the outdated driver.
- Click Start Scan Now to instruct Advanced Driver Updater to perform the scan and identify obsolete drivers.
- To update the corrupt drivers, click Update All. If you are re-directed to the purchase page, it means you are using the trial version. In that case, don’t worry. You can still update the driver. The only difference will be that you must click the Update driver link next to the driver you want to update.
- Wait for the driver to be downloaded and installed.
- To apply changes and run the updated driver, restart the PC.
Now try to connect to Intel 82579LM. You should not face any problems.
Must Read: How To Update Drivers On PC – Windows 11,10, 8,& 7
Method 2: Manually Download, Install and Update the Intel 82579LM driver
Warning: Downloading and installing an incorrect driver can compromise the PC’s performance and make the system non-functional. Therefore, if you are unsure about the driver update, do not proceed.
Also, suppose the PC in question is not having internet connectivity. In that case, the driver update is to be installed on an alternate machine > copy the setup file on the computer, giving issues. When doing so, make sure you download the setup file for the correct version of the operating system you are using.
- Visit Intel’s download center.
- Search for Intel 82579LM > from the search result, select Intel® 82579LM Gigabit Ethernet PHY.
- Choose the operating system of the PC on which you are facing issues. Click the first result.
- Intel® Network Adapter Driver can be used for various Intel network adapter drivers, that includes Intel 82579LM.
- Next, download the .exe file for your Windows bit system.
- If you have downloaded the file on another system, transfer it to the PC you are facing issues with.
- Double-click the setup and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver update.
- Restart the PC to save changes.
This is all you need to do to update your Intel 82579LM driver. I hope using either of the steps explained above; you can fix the Intel 82579LM driver not working on Windows 10. If you know of any alternate way, please share with us in the section below. Also, if you have any questions, please feel free to drop them off.
Best Way to Download & Update Your XP-Pen drivers
How Do I fix My Intel Wireless AC 9560 Not Working?
Intel UHD Graphics 630 Driver Download & Update – Windows 11,10
How To Download Intel HD Graphics 4600 Driver in Windows 10
How To Update Intel Chipset Drivers for Windows 11,10,8,7