Best Ways to update Wi-Fi driver Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7
We are so accustomed to Wi-Fi being easily available that we rarely think about maintaining Wi-Fi drivers. The only time we pay attention to Wi-Fi is when we encounter network issues.
Since you are here, reading the post it seems either you are facing problems with the Wi-Fi connection or are looking for ways to update the wireless driver Windows 11/10/8/7.
Whatever be the case, we’ve got you covered. In this guide, we will discuss how to Update Wi-Fi Drivers And how to reinstall Wi-Fi Drivers.
So, without any further delay let us come to the point and learn how to update Wi-Fi drivers.
3 Best Ways To Update Wi-Fi Driver Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7
There are 3 best ways to update Wi-Fi drivers on Windows 10. You can use any at your convenience.
However, if you are short on time and are looking for a quick fix, we suggest updating the Wi-Fi driver automatically, using Advanced Driver Updater.
As the name suggests, this driver updating tool comes with an advanced scan engine to accurately detect and update drivers. Also, to use this professional driver updater, you don’t need to collect any system or device information. Once you install and run Advanced Driver Updater, the tool automatically identifies outdated drivers and shows the most compatible updates. Furthermore, using it you can take backup of old drivers and restore them if something goes wrong.
You can download it by clicking on the button below.
How To Update Wi-Fi Drivers Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7?
1. Manually updating driver via Device Manager
Using the Device Manager you can update the wireless driver on Windows 10. To use it follow these steps:
1. Press Windows + X > Device Manager.
2. Look for network adapters. Double click it to expand and see the wireless network adapter.
3. Right-click > Update driver.
4. Select, Search automatically for drivers.
5. Wait for the process to finish. If a Wi-Fi Driver update is available, it will be installed automatically. However, if you get the message, “The best drivers for your device are already installed,” click Search for updated drivers on Windows update.
6. Click Check for updates to download and install the latest version of Windows. However, if you are already running the latest version of Windows, click View optional updates.
7. Double click Driver Updates and see if an update for the Wi-Fi driver or network adapter is available. Select it and click Download and install.
8. Restart the system. This way you can update the wireless driver on your Windows 10.
Tip – Alongside updating the driver using the steps explained in the post you can also try reinstalling the Wi-Fi driver. To reinstall the driver in Windows search bar type Device Manager. Select the best search result. Look for network adapters > expand it > right-click wireless adapter > Uninstall device.
You will now get a pop-up window click Uninstall and follow on-screen instructions. Once done, restart the PC and check the Wi-Fi adapter should be working flawlessly.
2. Downloading Wi-Fi driver for Windows 10 from manufacturer website
Wireless adapter driver update can be downloaded from the manufacturer’s website also. To do so, you need to have the information about the operating system on which you want to update the driver and device details.
To determine the wireless driver, you are running press Windows + R to open the Run window. Type cmd > ok.
Type netsh wlan show drivers > Enter.
Doing so will show a black window with all the details about the Wi-Fi adapter.
Once you have all the information follow the steps to download and update the wireless driver on Windows 10 from the manufacturer’s site.
1. Depending on the wireless adapter you are using, visit the manufacturer’s website.
2. Search for the product model number.
3. Afterward, head to the download page or the support page.
4. From here, download the latest Wi-Fi driver update for your wireless adapter. Make sure you download the drives based on the version of Windows you are using.
5. Double click the .exe file and follow on-screen instructions to install the driver update. However, if a zip file is downloaded extract, it and then run the .exe file.
6. This will help update the Wi-Fi driver on Windows 10
3. Updating Wi-Fi driver using Advanced Driver Updater
If the above two steps to download the Wi-Fi driver on Windows 10 seem like a lot of work, don’t worry. We have an easy way out. Use Advanced Driver Updater to automatically detect outdated drivers and update Wi-Fi drivers Windows 10.
To update the Wi-Fi driver using Advanced Driver Updater follow the steps below:
1. Download and install Advanced Driver Updater.
2. Run the best driver updater for Windows.
3. Click Start Scan Now and wait for the scan to finish.
4. Once done you will see a list displaying outdated drivers.
5. Look for the Wi-Fi driver/ network driver and click the Update driver next to it.
Note: Registered users can update all outdated drivers in one click while trial version users will have to update each driver individually. With that said, if you want to save time use the Pro version of Advanced Driver Updater. Furthermore, this best driver updater also offers a 60-day money-back guarantee.
6. After updating the drivers remember to restart the system. This helps apply the changes and no longer face network issues.
How To Update Wi-Fi Drivers In Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7?
We hope the above steps explained how to reinstall the Wi-Fi driver and update it. In case you still have any questions about how to update Wi-Fi drivers, do leave a comment. We will be happy to help.
Also, if you face any problem in using Advanced Driver Updater do send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The trained technical team will help and assist you with the problem.