Clicking pictures is the best way to capture memories and relive our precious moments. They are the most significant space hoggers, and in no time, unaccounted duplicate images can clutter the storage space. Using Duplicate Photos Fixer, removing duplicates is a piece of cake. In this article, you’ll learn how to delete duplicate photos in Windows 11 in simple steps.
Why Does Windows 11 have Duplicate Photos?
- The same file is backed up multiple times.
- Multiple downloads of the same file.
- Similar images are downloaded randomly.
- You are sending and receiving the same image over and over.
Now, the reasons for duplicate images getting accumulated are clear. Let’s move to the part where we will learn how to delete the same photos.
Deleting Duplicate Photos on Windows 11 For Free
Solution 1: Removing Duplicate Photos Using Windows Photos App
Microsoft offers one of the simplest methods to erase duplicate photographs on Windows 11. Yes, with the help Windows Photos app. It provides several other features that allow you to eliminate duplicate files. Let’s have a look at how to erase the photographs in Windows 11 in three steps:
Step 1: Start the Microsoft Photos app from your application drawer. You can also search for the app in the windows menu. Once it’s open, click open the folder you want to check first for duplicate photos.
Step 2: Launch the Microsoft Photos app from the Windows menu. Navigate to the folder that you wish to search for duplicate photographs.
Step 3: Scroll through the photographs to identify duplicates. Select the image > to right-click on it and select Delete to move it to the Recycle Bin. To avoid shifting it to the Bin, press the Shift + delete keys on your keyboard.
Step 4: If you have many duplicate photos, press the CTRL key and use the mouse to select multiple images. Once selected, press the Delete key to move them to the Recycle Bin. To permanently delete them, use the Shift+Delete key combination.
This way, using Photos App, you can delete duplicate images and manage photographs on Windows 11. However, if you have hundreds if not thousands of photos, then using Windows Photos app can be cumbersome.
This is where Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro comes in. The excellent duplicate image finder software helps detect similar and identical images saved on Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS.
Benefits of Using Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro
- Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro supports all picture file formats.
- It can scan not just the internal hard drive but also scans external storage devices and Google Drive.
- The excellent duplicate image finder looks for photographs based on content, not name.
- It can quickly scan folders accurately, regardless of file volume.
- Helps recover storage space occupied by unwanted duplicate photos.
- Simple and intuitive UI.
Solution 2 – How to Use Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro to Manage Pictures and Delete Duplicates
To use the tool, follow these steps:
- Download and install Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro.
Start the application and use the Add Folder button to select the folder to be scanned. You can use the Add Photos button or the Drag and Drop feature to add photos.
To scan Google Drive, click the arrow next to Scan Computer and select Google Drive.
After adding the images or location to scan, choose the comparison technique (Exact Match or Similar Match) and the Matching Level.
- Afterward, select Scan for Duplicates and wait for the scan to complete.
- Preview scan results and mark the photographs you want to remove. The right pane displays Metadata information about the images.
Note : After completing the scan, you can change the Matching Level using the slider adjacent to Matching Level.
If manually picking photographs is not what you want, try the Auto Mark function. It will automatically select duplicates, leaving one in each group unselected.
In addition, you may use Selection Assistant to define Auto Mark rules.
- After selecting duplicates, click Delete Marked to eliminate the unwanted duplicate photos and regain space.
Tips for Reducing Duplicate Photos
- Check the file transfer to ensure you don’t move the same file from one device to another.
- Windows names duplicate photographs differently. They have an extra number in brackets at the end. If the original filename is Scenery.jpg, the duplicate filename is Scenery (1).jpg. Identify and remove such files.
- Keep your PC clutter-free by arranging data into different folders and routinely eliminating unneeded items.
- Cloud services are reliable in detecting duplicate photographs. Therefore, if you have enough images, you can find duplicates by uploading them to Google Photos.
- If you discover a folder on your PC containing photographs of low resolution, tiny size, and long titles, they might be duplicates. When you find these files, delete them.
So, the next time you run into storage problems owing to duplicate files, you may use any freeways outlined in this post. And if you’re looking for an application that will delete duplicate files in Windows 11 all at once, consider Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro.
Must Read: How To Delete Duplicate Photos From iCloud