Easily download the latest Intel chipset driver on your Windows PC without any problem using the best ways explained below.
Chipset drivers play an important role, and Intel is a pioneer in building them. Chipsets control communications between components in your system. Therefore, keeping them updated is recommended to keep up with system performance and improve it. This post will explain how to get the latest chipset driver on our Windows 11/10/ and other versions of the Windows operating system.
What should you do before updating chipset drivers?
Before you update the chipset driver, check the motherboard to confirm the motherboard model number and serial number. You will need it to update the drivers for Chipset.
To find the motherboard model number follow these steps:
1. Press Windows + R to open the Run window.
2. Type cmd and press Enter key.
3. In the Command Prompt window type – wmic baseboard get product,manufacturer,version,serialnumber, and press the Enter key.
Note: There are no spaces between the modifiers. You just need to enter a comma between them, as explained above.
4. You will now get the information about the motherboard.
The Easiest Method to Update Intel Chipset Drivers
This post will discuss the different methods to update Intel Chipset drivers. However, users prefer and recommend the method use Advanced Driver Updater. This driver updating tool is capable of automatically finding missing and outdated drivers. Moreover, it even shows the latest and most compatible updates for them. The process of using Advanced Driver Updater is simple, and all types of users can use it. You can download the software by clicking the button below.
Best Ways to Update Intel Chipset Driver on Windows 11,10,8.1,8,7
Method 1: Updating Intel Chipset INF Driver via Device Manager
This is the manual way to update the Intel Chipset driver on Windows. To use it, follow these steps –
1. Press Windows + X > Device Manager.
2. Double-click the System devices in the Device Manager window and expand it.
3. Look for Intel Chipset driver and right-click > Update driver.
4. Select Search automatically for drivers from the new window.
Wait for Windows to look for an available driver update. If available, it will be automatically downloaded and installed. Restart the PC as the process finishes, and that’s it.
However, you will get the message that the best driver is running in most cases. In such a situation, we suggest going to the manufacturer’s website to confirm.
Method 2: Update the Intel Chipset Driver via Intel’s Website
Another way to download the latest Intel Chipset driver is to visit the official website of Intel. Follow the steps to learn the process:
1. Visit the Intel website.
2. Click on the Download Center button.
3. Select Chipsets from the list of options.
4. Select the Chipset specification & click on the download button.
5. Wait for the file to be downloaded.
6. When done, double-click on the setup file & follow the instructions on the screen to install the driver update.
7. Restart the PC and use the system; you should not face any problems.
The above two methods are manual and time-consuming. If you are short on time, you can go with the automatic method explained below.
Method 3: Update Intel Chipset Drivers Automatically With Advanced Driver Updater
For updating drivers, Advanced Driver Updater is the most efficient method. Using this risk-free utility, you can automatically update drivers, schedule driver scanning, and update the driver using either the trial or paid version.
Using the trial version, you can update single drivers, while the registered version allows you to update all corrupt drivers in a go. It also offers a 60-day money-back guarantee.
To use the tool, follow these steps:
1. Download and install Advanced Driver Updater.
2. Run the tool and click Start Scan Now.
3. Wait for the scanning to finish.
4. Check scan results. If using the trial version, click the Update driver next to the chipset driver. However, click Update All to update all outdated drivers using the registered version.
5. Restart PC to apply changes, and that’s it. You will have an outdated Intel chipset driver updated in just a few clicks.
FAQ- About How to Update Intel Chipset Drivers
Wrap Up :
Above, we explained manual and automatic ways to update the Intel chipset driver. You can use any at your convenience. However, if you are looking for a secure and reliable way to update drivers go with Advanced Driver Updater. This amazing driver updating tool will not disappoint you.
We hope you enjoyed the tutorial; please share your thoughts in the comments. If you have any product-related queries, please email email@example.com.