Are you facing connectivity issues while working on LAN? It seems the Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller driver is outdated. Many Windows users are familiar with it. However, certain users don’t know what a Realtek PCIe driver is, so before learning how to update the Realtek controller driver here’s a brief explanation.
What is the Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller driver?
Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller driver is located in the motherboard used for operating the LAN hardware. It controls the network function and the controller chipset connects the computer’s PCI Express (PCIe) bus to GbE (Giga Band Ethernet).
When outdated, you face issues with LAN connectivity. Therefore, keeping the Realtek PCIe GbE family controller driver is recommended.
Here are the best ways to update Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller drivers and fix the issues.
3 Best Ways to Update Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller driver – Windows 10
1. Automatically Updating Driver using Advanced Driver Updater
If you are short on time and are looking for an easy way to update the Realtek PCI GbE Family Controller driver, you can do it with Advanced Driver Updater. This driver updating tool automatically recognizes the system configuration and device details.
Also, it helps find the correct driver that is not easy to find when doing it manually. Using Advanced Driver Updater, you can update drivers either using the Free or Paid version of Advanced Driver Updater.
Using the paid version, you can update all outdated drivers at once. While using the free version, you can update one driver at a time. Furthermore, the paid version of the product comes with a 60- day money-back guarantee.
Here are the steps to use Advanced Driver Updater and update outdated Realtek PCIE GbE family controller drivers.
1. Download and install Advanced Driver Updater.
2. Run Advanced Driver Updater and click the Start Scan Now button.
3. Wait for the scanning to finish. You will now get a list of all outdated drivers.
4. Review the list and update the Realtek driver. If you are using the paid version, you can use the Update All button.
However, if you are using the trial version, you will need to click the Update driver next to the Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller driver.
5. Wait for the process to finish and restart the system to apply changes.
Now try to connect to LAN you should not face any problem.
2. Manually Updating Driver via Device Manager
To update the driver manually via device manager, follow the steps below:
1. Press Windows + X > Device Manager.
2. Look for the Network adapter section. Double click on it to expand the category.
3. Select Realtek PCI GbE Family Controller > right click > Update driver.
4. From the new window that opens click Search automatically for drivers and wait for the operation to perform.
5. If an update is available, it will be updated in the background.
6. However, if you get the message, “The best drivers for your device are already installed,” move to the next step.
3. Updating Realtek PCIe Family Controller Driver from Realtek
1. Visit Realtek’s official website.
2. Click the three horizontal line menu present in the top left corner.
3. Select Downloads from the menu > Communications Network ICs
4. Click on PCI GBE name: Realtek PCI GBE Ethernet Family Controller Software.
5. Download the setup file.
6. Double click on it and follow on-screen instructions to install the driver update.
7. Restart the system to apply changes and that is all. You will now have the Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller driver updated.
Hopefully using the ways explained in the post you will be able to update the Realtek PCIr GbE driver on your Windows 10. You can use any of the ways to get the task done. However, if you are looking for a way that is reliable, efficient, and easy go with Advanced Driver Updater. This best driver updater helps install all necessary driver updates in a few clicks. Also, the risk of downloading incorrect drivers is not there when using this product. For security reasons, this tool takes a backup of old drivers and helps restore drivers if anything happens.
We hope you like the information we share with you. Do share your feedback in the comments section. In case you have any questions related to the product you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org