Are you looking for the answer to Why is my Realtek audio not working on Windows 10? Why is my Realtek Audio not showing or How do I repair and fix Realtek audio driver Windows 10?
Usually, the issue you are facing is caused due to an outdated Realtek audio driver. The best way to fix Realtek audio driver issue is to update it either manually or using a Driver Updating tool called Advanced Driver Updater. Below we explain how to use both the ways in detail.
What is Realtek HD Audio Driver?
Realtek HD Audio Driver is the default driver responsible for sound on Windows operating systems. It controls sound on desktop & laptop computers and is a default option on Windows 11/10. The audio driver comes packed with advanced features. However, when the driver is outdated or not working well, you face problems with the automatic detection of connected devices like speakers, headphones, etc. To avoid facing this problem, keeping the driver updated is essential.
How Can You Fix Realtek Audio Diver?
The best way to update drivers is to use a driver updating tool that detects the system and device configuration. Alternatively, you can go to Device Manager > Sound, video and game controllers > expand the category > right-click Realtek High Definition Audio > Update driver > Search automatically for driver > Windows 10 will automatically begin updating the latest driver available in the database > Restart the PC to apply changes; the problem should now be fixed.
If the manually updating a driver seems like too much work, try Advanced Driver Updater, a powerful tool that helps update drivers. For security reasons, this driver updating tool takes a complete backup of old drivers; this helps restore the driver if anything goes wrong.
Problems Caused Due to Outdated Realtek Audio Driver Windows 10
1. Bad sound quality.
2. Unable to detect connected microphones, headphones, and other sound devices.
To learn how to fix these issues, follow the step-by-step guide, where we’ll show how to resolve any issues caused by the Realtek HD Audio driver. Follow the steps below and update Realtek high-definition audio drivers to fix the problems.
Best Ways to Fix Realtek Audio Driver not Working Windows 10, 11
Solution 1: Update Realtek HD Audio Drivers Via Device Manager
Solution 2: Automatically update Realtek Audio Drivers (Recommended)
SOLUTION 1: Update Realtek HD Audio Drivers Via Device Manager
If you are a DIY type, this is the solution for you. This method will explain how to manually update Realtek audio drivers through Device Manager- a built-in utility that helps update, uninstall, and get device details. To update Realtek high definition audio driver Windows 10 via Device Manager, follow these steps:
1. Press Windows + X > select Device Manager from the context menu.
2. Go to the Sound, video, and game controllers category. Expand it by double-clicking on it and search for Realtek High Definition Audio or Realtek Audio.
3. Right-click it and select the Update driver from the context menu.
4. Select, Search automatically from the new window to update the Realtek audio driver. Wait for Windows to look for available updates; the driver will be automatically updated if available.
However, if you get the message “The best driver software for your device is already installed.” We suggest visiting the Realtek website to check if an update is available. When the update is unavailable in the Microsoft database, you often get this message.
5. Once you have updated the Realtek driver, restart the system to apply changes.
Now try and use the connected audio device; you should not face any problems.
SOLUTION 2: Automatically update Realtek Audio Drivers (Recommended)
If you are short on time or don’t have the required computer skills, try Advanced Driver Updater. This top driver updating tool will scan your computer to detect problematic drivers and help update them. You don’t need to provide any information; the driver updating tool automatically detects the operating system you are running and accurately identifies device details. It then shows the available update, allowing the user to decide whether to update or not.
Moreover, the tool backups old drivers and even allows scheduling driver updates before updating the drivers. Using Advanced Driver Updater is the right choice for those short on time or who don’t want to risk manually downloading drivers.
To use it, follow the steps below:
1. Download and install Advanced Driver Updater.
2. Launch the tool and click on Start Scan Now to allow the software to scan the system for outdated drivers.
3. Wait for the scan to finish. You will now get a list of outdated drivers. Look for Realtek driver update and update the driver. Remember, if you are using the FREE version, you can update one driver at a time. However, if you are using the registered version, you can update all outdated drivers at once by clicking the Update All button.
What’s more, Advanced Driver Updater offers a 60-day money guarantee, which tells a lot about the product.
4. Once the driver is updated, restart the system to apply changes.
Now try to use the connected sound devices or play audio on your Windows; you should not face any problems. If you have any questions or queries about the product, email email@example.com.
Hopefully, you can update Realtek high-definition audio driver on your Windows 11/10 and older versions using the steps explained above. You can choose any of the methods as per your liking. However, if you face any problems or don’t like updating drivers manually, use Advanced Driver Updater, the ultimate solution to keep drivers updated without any problem. Also, using a driver updating tool reduces the risk of manually updating the driver. We hope you will give it a try. Do share your feedback, comments, and suggestions in the section below.
Read Also: Realtek HD audio manager download