No sound after updating Windows! Don’t be upset; follow the best fixes listed below & troubleshoot Realtek HD audio manager problems.
Realtek high-definition audio comes preinstalled on Windows 11 and 10, but this doesn’t mean you cannot face sound issues. If Realtek audio is not working, here are the best ways to fix the sound and not working issues.
For Windows users, encountering audio issues is not new. After each Windows update, some or the other user faces audio-related issues. This leaves users with no sound; if you can relate to it and are looking for ways to fix the Realtek audio driver problem, you are right.
Check This- How To Download & Update Realtek Audio Driver on Windows 11/10
Common Realtek Audio Issues
- Missing Audio Manager Icon
- Conflicts with preinstalled Microsoft Drivers
- Windows 11, 10, no audio devices are installed
- Audio service not responding
- No sound
Besides, there are other sound problems that Windows users face. This troubleshooting guide will cover all this and the best ways to fix these issues.
Download and Install Advanced Driver Updater.
Why is Realtek High Definition Audio on My PC?
The Realtek HD Definition Audio Driver is the popular sound driver for Windows. It helps choose the audio configuration for the speaker system, and the software also allows adjusting the volume for individual speakers.
How to Fix Realtek Audio Issues in Windows 11, 10
Whether you are facing audio problem issues after installing the latest Windows update or uninstalling a driver follow these fixes.
1. Update Realtek High-Definition Audio
Common sound problems on Windows are outdated, corrupt, or missing drivers. To fix this issue, downloading and installing the latest driver is recommended. This can be done either manually or automatically.
To download and update the latest driver manually, you need to visit the sound card manufacturer and look for the right driver download. Before this, you must collect information about the operating system’s version, your motherboard’s model, or the sound card. Once you have, only then can you download the correct driver.
Must Read- How to Download & Update Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller Driver
Suppose this sounds like too much work, or you don’t have the technical expertise to collect all this information. In that case, you can try Advanced Driver Updater, a third-party driver updating utility.
This tool lets you download and install compatible drivers without collecting system or device information. Not only this, but Advanced Driver Updaters also keep a backup of old drivers for security reasons. It is easier to use as you have to click Start Scan Now, wait for the scanning to finish, and update the driver.
Also Read: Advanced Driver Updater Review
Here are the detailed steps on how to use Advanced Driver Updater
1. Download and install Advanced Driver Updater
2. Run the professional tool and click Start Scan Now to perform the scanning for outdated Realtek sound drivers.
3. Wait for the scanning to finish.
4. After that, click the Update driver option and update the driver.
Note: If you are using a trial version of the product, you will have to update each driver by clicking the Update driver option. However, if you want to update all drivers in a go, you need to upgrade to the Pro version as it offers an Update All feature. Not only this, but the excellent driver updating utility also comes with a money-back guarantee.
5. After updating the driver, restart the system to apply changes.
Now try to play a video or song; the Realtek sound not working issues should not be fixed.
See This- How To Update And Download Realtek 802.11 N WLAN Adapter Driver- Windows 11, 10
2. Disable Audio Enhancement
Changes made to Audio Enhancements might conflict with sound on Windows 11 and 10. Therefore, it is recommended to disable audio enhancement. To do so, follow the steps below:
1. Right-click the Volume icon present in System Tray.
2. Select Open Sound settings > Device properties > Additional device properties.
3. This will open a new window; click the Enhancements tab and uncheck the box next to Disable all enhancements > Apply > Ok
This should troubleshoot Realtek audio problems on your PC.
3. Enable/ Restart Windows Audio Service
Ensure Windows Audio service is enabled to fix high-definition audio devices not working. To do so, follow the steps below:
1. Press Windows + R to open the Run window
2. Type services.msc > Ok
3. Look for Windows Audio service > right-click > Properties
4. Click the down arrow next to Startup type and select Automatic > Start > Apply > Ok
Note: If the service is already running and set to Automatic, you need to restart it. To do so, look for Windows Audio service > right-click > Restart.
Now try to play the sound; this should fix Realtek audio speakers not working issues.
Also, Read- How To Update Realtek Bluetooth Driver – Windows 11,10
4. Disable Microsoft UAA Bus Driver
Usually, when two high-definition audio drivers run on the system, a conflict occurs. Therefore, to fix the issues with Realtek audio speakers not working, we will need to disable Microsoft UAA Bus Driver. To do so, follow the steps below:
1. In the Windows search bar, type Device Manager
2. Look for System Devices > double click to expand it
3. Select Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio.
Note: If it is not on the list, it is already disabled. This means you can skip this step and move to the next one.
4. If you see it > right-click > Disable device.
5. Restart the system to apply changes; now, try to play the sound. Realtek audio driver issues should be fixed.
5. Use a Generic high-definition Audio Device Driver
You can fix Realtek audio driver issues by switching to a generic driver. To learn how to do that, follow the steps below:
1. In the Windows search bar, type Device Manager
2. Search for Audio inputs and outputs
3. Double-click to expand all the audio drivers
4. Right-click the Realtek audio device > select Update driver from the list
5. Next, select Browse my computer for driver software
6. After that, choose Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
7. Select High Definition Audio driver from the list > Next > follow on-screen instructions.
This will load the default sound driver, and the problem with the Realtek audio driver will be solved.
Check This- How to Download Realtek Ethernet Controller Driver
6. Change Default Sound Format
By altering the default sound format, you can fix high-definition audio devices not working. To do so, follow the steps below:
1. Right-click the sound icon present in the system tray.
2. Select Open Sound settings
3. In the new window that opens, click Device Properties.
4. Click the Additional device properties option
5. This will open a new pop-up window here; click the Advanced tab
6. Next, click the down arrow and select the following depending on the speaker configuration:
7. Click Apply > Ok to save changes.
This should fix Realtek audio speakers not working problems. If this doesn’t work, let’s move to the next step.
7. Reinstall Sound Driver
1. Type Device Manager in the Windows search bar
2. Look for audio inputs and outputs. Double-click to expand it.
3. Right-click the sound driver > select Uninstall device from the context menu
4. Once done, click the computer icon with lens (Scan for hardware changes)
5. Now, restart the system. Windows will automatically install the default driver.
This should fix the issue, and the speaker Realtek audio not working problem should be resolved.
8. Select the Correct Output Device
When an incorrect output device is selected, you might face Realtek audio driver problems. We need to switch to the correct output device to fix it. To do so, follow the steps below:
1. Right-click the volume icon present in System Tray
2. Select Open Sound settings from the context menu
3. Set Speakers or Headphones as the output device
Now, check your system, the Realtek audio speakers are not working, and the problem should be resolved.
See Also-How to Fix Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter Missing
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How do I fix Realtek’s no sound?
To fix Realtek’s no sound issue, set the speakers as default. To do so, follow these steps:
1. Press Windows + R and open the Run window.
2. Type mmsys.cpl > press enter.
3. Click the Playback tab > right-click Speakers > Set as Default Device > Apply > Ok.
4. Exit the Sound Settings window and reboot the PC.
Now check you should not face an audio issue.
If this doesn’t help, automatically update the Realtek Audio driver using Advanced Driver Updater.
Q2. How do I repair and fix Realtek audio driver Windows 10?
To repair and fix Realtek Audio Driver try the following fixes:
1. Check cables, volume, speaker, and headphone connections
2. Update Realtek High-Definition Audio.
3. Disable Audio Enhancement.
4. Enable/Restart Windows Audio Service.
5. Disable Microsoft UAA Bus Driver.
6. Use a Generic High-Definition Audio Device Driver.
7. Change Default Sound Format.
8. Reinstall Sound Driver.
9. Select Correct Output Device.
10. Run the Audio Troubleshooter.
Q3. How do I get my sound back on Windows 10?
Use a generic driver to get the sound back and fix Realtek audio driver issues.
1. Right-click the Windows Start icon,> select Device Manager
2. Go to Audio inputs and outputs> double-click on it.
3. Right-click the Realtek audio device > select Update driver from the list
5. Choose the second option, “Browse my computer for driver software.”
6. Select, “Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.”
7. Select High Definition Audio driver from the list > and follow on-screen instructions.
Q4. Why is there no sound on my Windows 10?
There are chances that the audio device is muted, has been disabled, or the driver is outdated. To fix the problem, unmute the audio device, enable it and update the driver through Device Manager or Advanced Driver Updater.
Q5. How do I fix a corrupted Realtek driver?
The easiest way to fix a corrupted Realtek driver is to reinstall and update the driver. You can do it manually through Device Manager or use Advanced Driver Updater, a driver updating tool, to update corrupt and problematic drivers.
Q6. How do I fix my Realtek audio?
To fix issues with Realtek audio, you can try the following techniques:
1. Update Realtek driver
2. Disable Audio-Enhancement
3. Restart Windows Audio Service
4. Disable Microsoft UAA Bus Driver
5. Modify Default Sound Format
Fix – Realtek Audio Driver Problems
You can quickly troubleshoot Realtek audio problems on your system using these fixes. Alongside these fixes, we suggest checking whether the speakers are correctly connected. Also, ensure that the speaker is not muted. This will help resolve Realtek speakers not working. We hope using these steps, you can fix the problem with sound. To keep drivers updated and avoid facing such issues in the future, use Advanced Driver Updater, the best driver updater to update outdated drivers in a go. We’d love to hear from you; please share your feedback in the comments section. If you have any product-related queries, contact the support team.
2 thoughts on “How To Fix Realtek Audio Issues in Windows 11, 10”
Great write-up, I¡¦m regular visitor of one¡¦s blog, maintain up the excellent operate, and It is going to be a regular visitor for a long time.
Hello there! I could have sworn Iíve been to this blog before but after browsing through some of the articles I realized itís new to me. Anyhow, Iím definitely pleased I stumbled upon it and Iíll be book-marking it and checking back frequently!