Is Realtek audio not working? Learn how to update Realtek sound driver Windows 10.
Downloading and installing the correct driver update for the Realtek ethernet driver on Windows 10 is challenging. Even advanced users face problems in doing so. Hence, read the complete article if you are looking for an easy and trusted way to install the Realtek ethernet controller driver.
This post will discuss manual and automatic ways to get Realtek ethernet drivers on Windows 7, 8, and 10. Before getting into details, let us know more about Realtek Controller Driver.
What is a Realtek Ethernet Driver?
Realtek Controller Driver helps Realtek Ethernet cards communicate with Windows operating systems and are required for the proper functioning of the hardware. The latest version of the driver is 10.1.505.2015. This makes keeping the controller driver updated essential. The controller drivers are found in various devices. Please refer to the list below to know more:-
Devices In which the Realtek Controller driver is found:-
4. Game Controllers
6. Sound Equipment
The above devices are also located on network interface cards and help with internet and network connections.
Best Ways to Download Realtek ethernet controller driver – Windows 10
1. Manually downloading Realtek ethernet driver from the site
Manually downloading the Realtek ethernet controller driver is a painstaking task. Therefore, if you are short on time, you can jump to the section where we explain how to automatically update the Realtek ethernet driver on Windows 7, 8, and 10.
However, if you are, I will do it independently; visit the Realtek Download Center to download and install the latest Realtek ethernet driver. As this will help fix the Realtek audio console not working.
1. Visit Realtek Download center
2. From the drop-down menu, select the file type
3. Next, click the down arrow next to Product Line and select Communications Network ICS
4. Thereafter, click the downward arrow and select Network Interface Controllers
5. Next, choose the speed of the Ethernet port.
Once that’s done, follow the installation process explained below.
The Realtek Controller Driver’s Installation Process
Once you have downloaded the Realtek Controller Driver, you can follow the steps below to complete the installation process:
- Shut down the device and disconnect it from the PC.
- Restart the device and reconnect to the PC.
- Double-click the driver, download package > select the language and follow the on-screen instructions.
To know the speed of your Ethernet controller, follow the steps:-
1. In the Windows search bar, type Network Status
2. Select the best result
3. This will open the Network Status window; click Change adapter options.
4. Right-click Ethernet > Status
5. You will now be able to see the speed of your Ethernet port.
6. Click Software
7. Search for your Windows operating system under the Windows section
8. Click Global > download the driver.
9. Unzip the downloaded folder
10. Click the .exe file to install the update.
11. Restart the system to apply changes.
This way, you can update the Realtek ethernet controller driver on Windows 10 and fix Realtek digital output with no sound issue.
Not happy with these many clicks? Want a simple solution that helps update drivers in one or two clicks? Try using Advanced Driver Updater, one of the finest and trusted tools to update all outdated drivers, including Realtek sound driver Windows 10.
2. Automatically updating Realtek ethernet driver on Windows 7, 8 and 10
Advanced Driver Updater is a reliable driver updating tool for Windows. Using it, troubleshooting driver-related problems becomes easy. The tool automatically detects outdated drivers and shows the most compatible driver update. Moreover, updating the driver creates a backup of the old driver. This helps restore the driver if any problem occurs. What’s important, Advanced Driver Updater eliminates the risk of installing the wrong driver update. You no longer need to worry about driver updates; you can leave everything to Advanced Driver Updater.
Furthermore, you can update a trial version of the product one driver at a time. However, the Pro version allows updating all drivers at once. Also, it comes with a 60-day money-back guarantee and trained technical support.
To use this amazing tool and download the Realtek ethernet driver on Windows 10, follow the steps below:
1. Download and install Advanced Driver Updater
2. Launch the best driver-updating software
3. Click Start Scan Now and give time for the scan to finish.
4. Once done, look for the Realtek driver and click the Update driver next to it. You need to be the registered user to update all outdated drivers, and only then can you click Update All.
5. After updating the driver, restart the system.
6. This will help you get the latest Realtek ethernet driver on your Windows 10.
Using either of the methods, you can update the Realtek Ethernet driver.
Q1. What happens if you Uninstall the Realtek driver?
If the Realtek drivers are uninstalled, many devices will stop working. For example, if you uninstall the Realtek Audio driver, there will be no audio on the PC.
Q2. How to Find an Ethernet Controller Driver?
The ethernet controller driver can be found in two ways:
- Option One: Use the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU).
- Download Intel SSU. Run the application on your PC.
- Launch it and click Scan to view system and device information.
- Option two: Using Device Manager
- Press Windows + X and select Device Manager from the Quick Access menu.
- Double-click the Network adapters section.
- Right-click the Ethernet Controller with the exclamation mark and select Properties.
- Go to the Details tab > click Hardware IDs. Highlight and copy the first ID.
- Open the web browser, search for the Hardware ID, and identify the adapter.
- Go to the Download Center to search the adapter and find the latest drivers available to install.
Q3. What is the difference between an Ethernet adapter and an Ethernet controller?
Controllers are chipsets built-in the device or on the motherboard, while an adapter card is plugged onto a slot on the motherboard.
Q4. Does Ethernet driver affect internet speed?
Yes, network drivers do have an impact on the internet speed of the PC. The network driver should always be updated to enjoy a good internet speed as it helps the operating system communicate with network interfaces like Ethernet or Wi-Fi adapters.
Realtek ethernet controller driver – Windows 10
After reading the post, you wonder why pay for a tool when you can get a Realtek ethernet controller driver for free. Let me tell you; it’s your choice which method you choose. If you are okay with spending time downloading drivers manually, you can go with it. However, if you don’t have technical skills or patience, using Advanced Driver Updater is a good idea.
Moreover, you don’t need to collect system or device information to use this tool. Also, this best driver updating tool works with all versions of Windows and automatically looks for the correct driver update. Not convinced? Want more? Advanced Driver Updater helps fix hardware errors caused due to faulty or missing drivers. It also helps boost gaming performance and increases the speed of a slow and sluggish PC.
It is worth giving it a try.
We hope you enjoyed reading the article. Do share your opinion in the comments section. Share it with others if you found it useful and could fix the Realtek audio console not working. In case something is not right, do let us know. We love to hear from you.