One of the defining attributes of DisplayPort (DP) is its ability to provide output to several displays through Multi-Stream Transport. And for that, it utilizes cutting-edge protocol and signal technologies. It also can transmit both audio and video signals.
While DisplayPort (DP) offers several advantages over HDMI and DVI interfaces, it is not without flaws. When setting up your Dell monitor, it may fail to detect a DisplayPort connection. There are different reasons for no signal from your device.
If you are constantly experiencing ‘No DisplayPort cable’ or ‘No DP Signal from your device’ errors while setting up a Dell monitor, here’s how you can fix it.
What is the Root cause for the Display Port Not working on Windows 10?
There can be different reasons behind a ‘No DP Signal from Your Device’ error. It can be any one of the below.
- Damaged Cable: The signal will not be transferred to the monitor if you use a damaged DisplayPort cable. You may receive a partial signal, sufficient to obtain video but not video and sound.
- Incompatible Graphics Card: If your computer has a DisplayPort interface, your graphics card should be able to handle it. The signal will not be processed if the graphics card has been changed or if you are using an external graphics card.
- Malware: If your computer has viruses or spyware, the signal may stop reaching your monitor. It occurs when malicious software collides with a driver that enables your display to work.
Effective Solutions For ‘No DP Signal From Your Device’ For Dell Monitor
If the DisplayPort option is accessible, but no signal appears on the screen, perform the following steps to resolve the issue.
1. Unplug and Reconnect the DisplayPort Cable
To resolve the ‘No DP Signal From Your Device’ error, you should first unplug the DP cable and reconnect it. A loose cable is what usually causes the errors. A damaged DisplayPort, loose cable, or broken/substandard cable can all cause the ‘No DP signal from your device’ error. While at it, ensure that no external material interferes with contact between the cable, your computer, and the DisplayPort display.
2. Restart Your Devices
If changing the cable does not resolve the issue, restart your computer and the external display. Unplug the monitor from its power source, wait approximately 10 seconds, and then plug it back in.
3. Update the Dell Monitor Drivers
Check for the device drivers if you wish to fix DisplayPort no signal issue. An outdated version of the driver can and will prohibit the DP cable from recognizing your display. Make sure you install the updated versions of the device drivers. Otherwise, your device may not provide a DisplayPort signal to the monitor. Check for the Dell monitor device name and serial number, go to the official website .
Download and update DisplayPort driver for Windows 10 and see if the issue is fixed.
Read More – How to Download and Update Dell Monitor Driver
4. Clear Display Cache
The next solution is to clear the display cache. To do so, disconnect the display from the system and download the Surface Dock registry file. This file will clear the cache whether you have a dock or not. Surface dock registry.reg should be executed. Yes, to allow changes to your Surface; yes, to confirm; and OK, to close the window. Reboot your Surface, connect the Dock and monitors, and test your external display again.
5. Select the Correct Input Source
If your display has more than one DisplayPort, utilize the menu to pick the proper active input source into which you connected the DisplayPort connection. Assume the display has two DisplayPort’s, ‘DisplayPort1’ and ‘ DisplayPort2.’ If your computer is plugged into the first DisplayPort, ensure the monitor’s input source is set to ‘DP1’ or ‘DP2’ for the second DisplayPort.
6. Update Graphics Driver
If your computer does not identify an external monitor attached through DisplayPort, updating your display/graphics drivers may assist you in resolving the issue.
Step 1: Open the Device Manager, right-click on the Start Menu icon or hit Windows + X.
Step 2: On the next screen, click on the Display Adapter.
Step 3: As you spot your graphics card listed down, right-click on it and choose Update driver from the drop-down menu.
Step 4: From the two options, select ‘Search automatically for driver.’
Step 5: Update the drivers and restart the system. It should resolve the issues if it is regarding the graphics driver.
Automatically Update Device Drivers-
There’s an easy way to fix the DisplayPort No Signal error on your windows 10. You can automatically update the DisplayPort driver and graphics drivers on your computer. A third-party application – Advanced Driver Updater, is the answer to all your driver-related queries. It is an efficient and easy-to-use application for your computer which can automatically detect outdated and missing drivers and update them in a few clicks. It will assist you in restoring your system’s peak performance.
Follow these steps to update your device drivers on your computer.
- Download Advanced Driver Updater.
- Run the Advanced Driver Updater after installing it and click on the Start Scan button, then wait for it to scan the system. It will automatically check your PC for outdated and incompatible drivers and generate a list for preview.
- Locate and click on the DisplayPort driver download update on the next screen.
- On the next screen, click on update and restart the system. This will update the DisplayPort driver on Windows 10 quickly.
- You can select Update All; Advanced Driver Updater will download and update all outdated drivers in the list.
Note : When you click Update All, you'll be prompted to upgrade to the Pro version. We suggest you get the premium version to help you update all drivers at once and save time.
7. Roll Back Graphics Driver
If your DisplayPort no signal suddenly appeared due to driver updates, you can roll back to an earlier version and restart your computer. To roll back the graphics driver, follow the below steps.
- To roll back your graphics driver, open the Device Manager. Expand the Display Adapters.
- Right-click on the Graphics card and click on Properties. Go to the Driver tab and then click on Roll Back Driver.
Once you roll back the driver, restart your system.
8. Contact Dell Customer Service
If none of this helps, you Fix the DisplayPort No Signal error; the problem might be hardware related. Contact the Dell Tech Service for assistance or go to a repair shop near you to have the monitor checked for hardware damage.
‘No DP Signal from Your Device’ is a common computer problem. It can be caused by a variety of circumstances. Implementing all of these solutions will allow you to address the problem quickly.
How To Take A Screenshot On A Dell Laptop Windows 11,10 (2022)
How to Download and Update Dell Monitor Driver
How To Resolve Dell Wireless Keyboard & Mouse Not Working Problem
How To Update Dell Bluetooth Driver – Windows 11,10,8,7