Have you got a new Dell wireless keyboard and mouse just to be disappointed as they aren’t working? Worry not. Here’s how you can resolve the Dell mouse and keyboard not working issues.
Usually, outdated, corrupt, and missing drivers are the reason behind this problem. This post will explain how to update the drivers and troubleshoot such problems.
The long-awaited Dell wireless keyboard is here, and you are all excited. But when connected to the computer, you find the keyboard is not working. Can you relate to this? Has this ever happened to you? Yes, you are not alone; other users have reported the same.
It might look like something you need technical help with, but you can try and fix it yourself. Just walk your way through the steps explained in this post and see if it helps fix the Dell keyboard and mouse issues.
Reasons for Wireless Not Working
1. Enabled Sleep Mode – Many mouse models, including the Dell mouse, turn off automatically when there is no activity. At this time, when you try to move around the mouse, the cursor will not respond. To confirm if this is why the mouse is not working, simply press the left or right mouse button to see if everything goes back to normal.
2. Check the USB Port – Sometimes, the USB port your mouse is connected to gets damaged. To check, try connecting it to a different USB port; if the adapter and the device are at a distance, try bringing them in range.
3. Dirty Lens – If the mouse laser comes on and off, try cleaning it as the dust stops signals from being transmitted.
How To fix Dell Bluetooth Keyboard & Mouse Not Working Issue?
When any wireless device like the Dell keyboard and mouse
stops working, try to identify the problem by following these steps:
Step 1: Check the Batteries
1. First and foremost, check the batteries. Remove any battery tabs, as this stops the batteries from providing power.
2. Use the new pair of batteries if you are not using them. While replacing batteries, ensure they are placed correctly.
3. Once all this is done, try reconnecting the keyboard and mouse and see if it is working. If it does, the problem is solved. Batteries were to be blamed for the problem, not the keyboard, mouse, or Dell.
Note: If your keyboard and mouse have a power status light, look at them. It helps determine if the batteries are working fine or not.
Step 2: Switch on the Power
Check for the power switch. If your keyboard and mouse have one, turn it on. Generally, the switch is placed at the bottom of the keyboard. This will help get Dell’s wireless keyboard and mouse working.
Step 3: Connect the USB Receiver With Another Port
Note : All-in-one PC, users can skip this step as the USB receiver might be preinstalled. However, if you don’t have it, follow along.
Dell USB receiver.
1. Detach the USB receiver of the wireless keyboard and mouse from the current port. Wait for about 10 seconds.
2. Attach it to an alternate USB port at the back of your computer, as it has more electricity. compared to others. Wait a minute or two, so your system can recognize the new plugged-in device.
3. Check if your keyboard is working. If not, move ahead.
Step 4: Remove any Nearby Metal Devices
Sometimes nearby metal devices create interference. Hence, move them or the system if you have any TV, phone, or speaker too close. Also, the keyboard should be close enough to the USB receiver. Check and see if the Dell Bluetooth keyboard and mouse are working or not.
Step 5: Try Connecting the keyboard & Mouse to Another System.
If you want to know whether the problem is with the keyboard, device, or PC, you must follow this step. Connect the wireless keyboard and mouse to an alternate device and see if it works. If yes, you know your PC doesn’t have the right USB port. However, if the Dell wireless keyboard and mouse still don’t work, they seem to have some problems. In such a case, you need to contact Dell Support.
If the problem is not with the Dell wireless device, move to the next step.
Step 6: Update the Device Driver
You may face keyboard and mouse problems if your Dell driver is corrupt. To resolve the issue, you must update Dell wireless keyboard and mouse driver.
This can be done in 3 possible ways.
Best Ways To Update Mouse & Keyboard Driver
Option 1 – Automatically (Recommended)
This one is the most straightforward option of all. To use it you don’t need to know the version or a bit of the operating system. Nor do you need to know the device model number. This method is for both beginner and advanced users. Once you update the driver with the help of Advanced Driver Updater, we are certain that the Dell mouse not working on Windows 10, 11, 8, and 7 will be fixed.
Option 2 – Manually updating dell keyboard and mouse driver via Device Manager
It is easy; however, things get complicated when Windows fails to detect the latest update. Also, without the physical keyboard, this method seems tricky.
Option 3 – Manually via the official website
For this, you need to have time, technical knowledge, and patience. Updating drivers from the official site is no fun. Though getting the latest update might cost you and your system. As for updating, incorrect drivers cause a Blue Screen of Death.
Option 1 – Update Driver Automatically
Advanced Driver Updater is a simple and effective solution to update Dell wireless keyboard and mouse drivers. You do not need any technical skills to use the driver updater.
Advanced Driver Updater will detect your PC setup and locate the appropriate drivers. In addition, for added protection, this utility creates a full backup of outdated drivers. You don’t have to worry about making a mistake when using it. Advanced Driver Updater will handle everything.
You can update drivers using either its trial or the registered version. With the Paid version, you can update drivers easily. However, trial users will have to download each driver update individually.
1. Download and install Advanced Driver Updater.
2. Run Advanced Driver Updater and hit the Scan Now Wait for the Driver Updater to scan the PC for outdated drivers.
3. To automatically download and update drivers click Update All(registered version is required to update all outdated drivers.)
Note : If you are using the free version, you can update outdated drivers by clicking update driver next to it.
4. Restart the PC to apply changes, and that’s it you will now have an updated wireless keyboard and mouse driver.
Now, try using the Dell wireless keyboard; you should not face any problems. The Dell mouse not working Windows 10 should now be fixed.
Option 2 – Manually update Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse Driver
Using Device Manager, you can also update the keyboard and mouse driver. To use this method, follow the steps below.
I am using Advanced Driver Updater on Windows 10. Hence the screen capture is from it.
1. Since the keyboard is not working, use the mouse to right-click on the taskbar. From here, enable the Show touch keyboard button.
2. Click the keyboard icon to bring up the virtual keyboard.
3. Next, hit the Windows logo icon and use Device Manager’s virtual keyboard type. Select it.
4. Double click Keyboards > right-click the keyboard you are using > Update driver.
5. Click Search automatically for updated driver software.
6. Wait for the driver update and installation to complete. When done, exit the window and restart the system to fix Dell Wireless Keyboard Not Working.
7. If you get a message driver is the latest or you have the best driver installed, you try checking the manufacturer’s website.
Option 3 – Manually updating driver via manufacturer website
If you feel an update is available on Dell’s site, follow these steps to download it:
1. Visit Here.
2. Click the Support option > Drivers & Downloads from its drop-down.
3. Search for the keyboard model number or type wireless keyboard.
4. Select the right keyboard model number.
5. Select the Windows you are working on > download the drivers.
6. Double-click the downloaded .exe file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
7. Restart your computer to apply changes.
This is how you can update the driver manually.
FAQ-Dell Wireless Keyboard & Mouse Not Working
We hope you have fixed the problem using the steps and can get your Dell wireless keyboard & mouse to work. If you have any questions about this article, please feel free to comment below.
How to Download and Update Dell Monitor Driver
How To Update Dell Bluetooth Driver – Windows 11,10,8,7
Easy Ways To Setup Three Monitors With Laptop
How to Fix ASUS Bluetooth Driver Not Working in Easy Steps