Do the icons on your screen appear bigger? Is the text looking blurry and pixelated? Do you face issues with gaming performance?
If the answer is yes, chances are your graphics driver is outdated or corrupt. Luckily, there’s a way to update graphics drivers. And in this post, we will learn how to update Graphics drivers on Windows 7, and 10.
What is a Graphics Driver?
A Graphics card also known as a display adapter, graphics controller, or video card is used as a medium to display graphics on your monitor. An updated graphics card ensures images are properly displayed and there’s no lag in performance.
Also Read- How to Download & Update AMD RX 480 Graphics Drivers For Windows 11,10
Hence, at any time if you face issues with the display, you need to update the graphics card.
Why Upgrade Graphics Drivers?
- Get full resolution and color depths
- Glitch free gaming performance
- External display support
How To get Windows Graphics Driver Update
Upgrading graphics cards can be quite a daunting task hence, using a driver updater utility is recommended. For this, you can try using the Advanced Driver Updater offered by Systweak. With a huge database of drivers updated regularly, you will never miss out on any driver updates. Not only this, but Advanced Driver Updater also takes a backup of old drivers as a precautionary measure and offers a trial version.
To learn how to use this best driver updating utility and update graphics drivers on Windows 10, read further.
Besides, using a driver updating utility, you can also update drives manually. Though it is for tech-savvy people and involves risk, use it at your discretion. As downloading and installing an incorrect driver might make the system inspirational.
How To Update Graphics Driver Windows 10,8, & 7 in 2 Best Ways
Important : Windows Update in most cases is unable to find a new driver. Hence, if you think updating Windows means running the latest system drivers you are wrong. Therefore, to get the update of the driver, you will either have to use Device Manager or a third-party tool like Advanced Driver Updater.
1. Manually updating graphics driver via Device Manager
Before manually updating drivers, we suggest creating a system recovery point. This will help restore the system if anything goes wrong. To do so, right-click My PC > Properties > System Protection > System Protection > Create and follow on-screen instructions.
After creating a backup, follow the steps to update the graphics drivers on Windows 7 and 10.
Read Also- How to Download and Update Nvidia Graphics Drivers on Windows 11,10
1. In Windows search bar type Device Manager
2. This will open a new window, look for the Display adapters section.
3. Double click to expand it.
4. Next, double click the driver that reads Graphics
5. This will open a new window click Driver tab > Update Driver.
6. Click Search automatically for drivers and wait for the action to finish.
7. If a driver update is available, your Windows graphics driver will be updated. If not, repeat the above steps and this time, select Browse my computer for drivers.
8. You will now be prompted to browse to the location where the driver is saved.
Note : If you have not yet downloaded the driver. You will have to visit the manufacturer’s website for the same.
9. Look for the right driver, based on the device you are using.
10. Once you have the driver downloaded, extract the file if it is a zip file.
11. Thereafter, follow the above steps and click Browse my computer for drivers > Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.
12. Select the driver you wish to install and click Have Disk
13. Browse to the location where the new graphics driver you just downloaded is saved
14. Double click the .inf file > click Next to install the driver.
15. Wait for the process to finish. The window might go blank for a while but don’t worry it will soon show Windows has successfully updated your drivers.
That’s all you have updated the latest graphics driver on your Windows 10.
Does this sound too much work? Don’t want to go through all this hassle? Well then don’t. Use the automatic way explained below and learn how to update graphics drivers for Windows 7 and 10.
2. Automatically getting Windows graphics driver update (Recommended)
To automatically update graphics drivers for Windows 7 and 10, follow the steps below:
1. Download and install Advanced Driver Updater
2. Run the best driver updating utility
3. Click Start Scan Now and wait for it to find the outdated driver.
4. Once you have the list of missing and corrupt drivers, click Update driver next to Graphics Driver.
By clicking Update All, you can update all outdated drivers at once. But remember you need to run the registered version of the pro to update all drivers. However, if you use a trial version of the product, you need to update one driver at a time.
Pro version comes with a 60- day money-back guarantee and offers technical support. You can contact the support team at email@example.com
Must Read- How to Update Outdated Drivers in Windows 11, 10, 8, 7
Hopefully using these steps, you can update to the latest graphics driver on Windows. The easiest way to do it is to use Advanced Driver Updater, the trusted driver updating utility.
We hope you enjoy reading the article, do share your feedback in the comments section and leave your suggestions.