Is it impossible for you to start the Roblox game on your Windows 11/10 PC? Here is a comprehensive guide on resolving Roblox launching and beginning difficulties on PC.
Unless Roblox stops working, It is fun to play. Lately, many players have reported Roblox not launching problems. If you are here, you are sailing in the same boat with no issues! We’ve got some workable fixes to fix Roblox not working.
Why Isn’t Roblox Working?
Different reasons prevent Roblox from opening or starting on a PC. Here are some possible causes that lead to Roblox isn’t working issue:
- Temporarily system glitch. Therefore, before trying other fixes, restart the PC and try to relaunch the Roblox app.
- Server issues might potentially cause the launching difficulty. To troubleshoot, check the Roblox server status to ensure that the servers are not offline.
- Using a proxy server may prevent Roblox from opening or starting. As a result, deactivate your proxy settings and reload the game.
- Corrupt installation files. To fix the problem, try reinstalling the app.
Best Fixes To Troubleshoot Roblox Not Working On PC
Fix 1: Restart your PC
To fix Roblox not working on the PC, the first thing you should do is restart the PC. After performing this simple trick, many players can launch Roblox. So don’t skip it; try restarting the system before moving ahead.
If restarting the PC doesn’t work for you, no worries, we’ve other fixes.
Fix 2: Check Roblox Server Status
As Roblox is an online game, if there’s a service outage, you may have trouble launching it. Therefore, ensure that Roblox’s current server status and operations aren’t down. If the server is down for maintenance, you will have to wait for the problem to be fixed on the server-side.
Contact the Roblox support team to get information about Roox server operations or visit their social media pages. When servers are non-operational, follow the below-mentioned methods.
Fix 3: Check Your Browser
To play Roblox, you need to visit its website and press the click to play button. This opens a pop-up window that allows you to launch the Roblox app. If the pop-up window doesn’t open, or Roblox did not launch with your permission, it seems to be an issue with the browser. If not, try clearing the browser cache or using an alternate browser.
Fix 4: Delete Temporary Internet Files and Cookies
To remove temporary Internet Files and cookies in Google Chrome, follow these steps. The method will be more or less the same for other modern browsers:
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click the three dots.
- Choose More tools > Clear browsing data.
- To clear all cookies, cache, and browsing data, mark all the boxes, click the down arrow next to a Time range, and select All time.
- Once done, exit the window and tr. before moving ahead to, before moving ahead run Roblox.
Fix 5: Run Roblox as Admin. If the above fixes did not help, try running Roblox as Admin.
- Right-click the Roblox shortcut on your desktop > Properties
- Click the Compatibility tab> check the box next to “Run this program as an administrator” > Apply > Ok.
Fix 6: Delete The Roblox AppData folder
- Press Windows + E to open File Explorer.
- Go to the following directory and press enter: C:\users\yourusername\appdata\local\
- Look for Roblox folder > right-click on it > select Delete to remove the folder.
If you want to keep a backup, rename the folder instead of deleting it.
Fix 7: Disable Proxy
Another reason for Roblox not working is that you are using a proxy server. To solve it, disable proxy settings:
- In the Windows search bar, type proxy > click Change proxy settings.
- Toggle off the button next to the User setup script and Use a proxy server
Now try to run launch Roblox and see if it is working.
Fix 8: Update Windows and Roblox
The problem you are facing with Roblox might result from an app bug. Therefore, we suggest upgrading the app as new updates resolve bugs and app stability issues.
You can update the Roblox app from the Microsoft Store. If this doesn’t help, update Windows.
- Press Windows + I to open Settings > Update & Security.
- Windows Update > Check for updates > Download & install if available.
- After updating Windows, try running Roblox.
Fix 9: Ensure Roblox is Allowed To Run
If you are trying to run Roblox on Chrome, you need to ensure that Roblox is allowed to run. To do that, follow these instructions:
- Download Roblox and run the setup file.
- Run the game.
- When you get a message box saying “External Protocol Request.” Check the box next to Remember my choice for all links of this type > click Launch Application.
Suppose you remember clicking the Do Nothing button. You will need to reinstall Roblox and follow the instructions mentioned above. However, if that doesn’t help, try updating or running Roblox in a different browser.
Fix 10: The System Time and Date Should be Correct
- Right-click the system tray (where you see system data and time) and select Adjust date/time.
- When the Date and Time window opens, ensure the time zone is correct, and you’ve enabled Set time automatically.
Fix 11: Disable Browser Plugins
Sometimes browser plugins like AdBlock can also prevent Robox from working. Therefore, we suggest disabling them.
To disable it in Google Chrome, follow these instructions:
- Launch Chome > click the three dots in the top right corner > select More Tools > Extensions.
- Toggle the button from right to left to disable all extensions.
- Restart the browser and try using Roblox.
Fix 12: Change Graphics Level
Try changing the graphics level to a lower level to get Roblox working again.
- Launch Roblox game
- Bring up the game menu and set the graphics level to a lower level.
Note: If the Graphics Mode is set to Automatic, you’ll need to change it to Manual; only then can you make the changes.
Alternatively, you can use Roblox Studio to change the graphics settings.
- Launch the Studio, go to Tools > Settings, and select Rendering.
- Click QualityLevel settings > set your graphics level manually.
Remember switching to a lower graphics level will distort the image quality.
In addition to this, we also suggest updating the graphics card.
Fix 13: Update Graphics Card
Sometimes outdated graphics card driver also causes this type of problem. To fix it, update the graphics driver. You can visit the graphics card manufacturer’s official site > download and install the latest drivers.
Alternatively, you can use Device Manager to update the graphics card. To do so, follow these steps:
- Press Windows + X keys > select Device Manager.
- Double click Display Adapters > right-click the graphics card you are using > Update Driver.
- Follow on-screen instructions to finish the update process
- Restart your computer and see if the issue is fixed.
However, if you don’t want to do it yourself, you can update the graphics card driver automatically.
Automatically Update Graphics Card
To update the graphics card driver without any issue, use Advanced Driver Updater. The software will automatically find the outdated drivers and show compatible updates. To get the tool click the button below:
Once you have Advanced Driver Updater installed, follow these steps to update the
- Launch Advanced Driver Updater and click Start Scan Now.
- Let the driver updater scan the system to find outdated drivers and their latest versions from its database.
- Review scan results. To update the graphics driver click the Update driver link. However, registered users can click Update All to update all outdated drivers.
- Restart the PC to bring changes into effect.
If you need assistance, please contact Advanced Driver Updater’s support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fix 14: Temporarily Disable Your Antivirus/ Firewall
Sometimes your antivirus or firewall may block Roblox access. Therefore, try disabling your antivirus software and internet firewall to fix the issue.
After disabling the firewall and antivirus, you know where the problem lies. Add Roblox to the exception list. For assistance, contact the support team of your antivirus. However, if you use Windows Firewall, follow these steps:
- In the Windows search type firewall. Click the best results.
- Go to ‘Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall.’
- Add Roblox to the list of exceptions.
- After that, add Roblox to the antivirus and try running the application; you should not face any problems.
Fix 15. Run SFC scan
Corrupted or missing Registry keys may potentially prevent you from starting Roblox. You can fix an invalid registry using the Registry Cleaner module offered by Advanced System Optimizer.
Note: Before changing or restoring your Registry, make a backup. If something goes wrong, you can always revert to a previous version of Windows.
In addition, you can run an SFC scan to fix corrupt system files:
- Run elevated Command Prompt.
- Now type the sfc /scannow command
- Wait for the scanning process to complete > restart your computer. Corrupted files will be replaced on reboot.
Fix 16: Reinstall The Roblox Desktop App
If none of the above fixes have worked, try reinstalling Roblox. Here’s all you need to do:
To uninstall the Roblox app:
- Exit all the apps running in the background.
- Press Windows + R to open the Run box.
- Type control panel, then click OK.
- Click Programs & Features.
- Find Roblox, right-click it, then click Uninstall.
Remove the Roblox folder:
- Press the Windows key + E to open the File Explorer.
- Navigate to C:\users\yourusername\appdata\local\
- Find the Roblox folder and delete it.
Reinstall the Roblox Desktop app:
- Go to Roblox’s website and log in to your account.
- Select the game you want to play and click the Play button.
- A pop-up window will notify you as the Roblox app is automatically downloaded.
- Once the app is installed, you should find the game open, and you can play it now.
You can download the Roblox app here if the automatic installation fails to work.
That brings us to the end of our lesson on repairing Roblox’s difficulties on your PC. Hopefully, this post has resolved your issue, and you may now play Roblox! If you have any questions, please post them in the comments section below, and we will get back to you.
How to Update Lenovo Bluetooth Driver
How to Download and Update Lenovo Webcam Driver
How to Update Lenovo Touchpad Driver on Windows 11,10
How to Download And Update Lenovo USB Drivers