Getting printers to work is tricky, and when a newly purchased or nicely working Canon LBP 2900B printer starts giving issues, it can be frustrating. Here’s how to fix the problem and update the Canon printer driver.
“After upgrading Windows 10 from Windows 7, I am facing problems with Canon LBP 2900B printer. Is there a fix to the issue?”
Yes, by updating outdated drivers and following other workable fixed explained below, you can quickly fix the printer not recognized error. Advanced Driver Updater is the best and easiest way to update the driver automatically. Click the button below to download and install the application to try the tool.
Download Advanced Driver Updater
How To Fix Canon LBP 2900B Printer Not Recognized Error?
There are different methods to fix the printer not recognized error. Follow them one by one to find the one that works for you.
Method 1 – Try Connecting Printer to Alternate Serial Port
Many times it so happens that the working serial port suddenly stops working. Therefore, if the printer suddenly stops working, try changing the serial port.
Once that is done, try using the Canon printer; it should work. If it doesn’t, no worries, there are other fixes.
Method 2 – Uninstall and Reinstall USB controllers Driver.
- Open Device Manager by right-clicking the Start button > select Device Manager from the context menu.
- Go to Universal Serial Bus controllers category > double-click on it to expand and find the Universal Serial Bus controllers node.
- Right-click each driver and select Uninstall driver to remove them one at a time.
- Restart the computer, and let the USB controllers get reinstalled.
- Now attach the removable USB device, and see if the printer should be working fine.
Let’s move to the following method if this doesn’t help with no issues.
Method 3 – Install Windows Updates
- In the Windows search bar, type Windows Update.
- Click Check for Updates > download and install updates, if available.
- Next, click optional updates.
- Unhide Driver updates > check mark the box next to driver updates and click Download and install.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and reboot your computer to apply changes.
Method 4 – Update Printer Driver
If the above methods didn’t work, it seems the printer driver is outdated or corrupt. We will update the latest version of the printer driver. If you have technical skills, you can try manual ways. However, we recommend the automatic method if you want to save time and update the driver risk-free.
To learn how to update the printer driver manually and automatically, follow these steps:
4.1 -Manually Update Canon Printer Driver
- Click here to go to the official website of Canon.
- Support tab > Software and Drivers.
- Type the product name in the search box, i.e., MF3010 > press Enter.
- Click Drivers & Downloads.
- Select the operating system you are running if incorrectly selected. Click Select to choose the driver to download.
- Click the Download button and let the setup file install.
- Double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver update.
This is how you can install the latest driver update for the Canon printer from the manufacturer’s website.
4.2- Automatically Update Canon Printer Driver – Recommended
The simplest way to update drivers is to use Advanced Driver Updater. To use this tool, you just need to download, install, perform a scan and update the driver. You don’t need to provide any information or worry about installing an incorrect driver.
To download and update Canon LBP 2900B Printer driver using Advanced Driver Updater, follow these steps:
- Download and install Advanced Driver Updater.
- Launch the driver updater > click Start Scan Now to run a scan and detect outdated Canon printer driver.
- Review scan results and click Update driver (if using the trial version).
- However, update all drivers using the Update All button if you are a registered user.
- Reboot the PC system to apply changes.
This is how you can update Canon IBP 2900 printer drivers without collecting any information.
Method 5- Run Hardware & Device Troubleshooter
If nothing has worked, follow the instructions to run the hardware and device troubleshooter.
- Run Command Prompt as administrator.
- Type the following command – msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic
- Run the tool
- Restart the PC; this should help get the printer recognized.
Printer’s Fixed and Running—What’s Next?
Your printer might malfunction due to a faulty operating system, outdated driver, or hardware issues. Hopefully, your printer is up and running smoothly. Please share your thoughts and feedback. For product-related queries, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.