Best and Easiest Way to Find and Remove Duplicates from Google Drive
Users have started grumbling as Google announces changes to its 15GB free storage. No one likes the idea of uploaded photos and videos being counted towards 15GB of free storage. If you, too, disapprove of this & are looking for ways to free up 15GB free storage space, you are at the right place.
This post will discuss finding duplicate files from Google Drive.
Duplicate files, photos, videos, etc., whether stored on Google Drive, Dropbox, or PC, are nothing more than junk data. Hence, read this post before paying for additional storage space and learn how to delete duplicate files. This will help save money and make room for important data.
Why use a Duplicate File Finder?
Earlier, finding duplicates stored on Google Drive was not that easy. As there were only two ways available –
1. Download all the files stored on Google Drive and then use a duplicate file finder to find and remove duplicates.
2. Compare each file manually.
However, with Duplicate Files Fixer, things are now easy.
So, ready to find duplicates in Google Drive?
Important : Google Drive can only identify duplicate files based on file format and name. This means if the file name is different, but the content is the same, it will not be detected as a duplicate in Google Drive.
How To Delete Duplicate Files Using Duplicate Files Fixer?
1. Download and install Duplicate Files Fixer
Run the tool, choose Scan Google Drive from scan mode > select Google account to scan > grant permission > select the folder to scan > review duplicates > clean them, and that’s it.
Benefits of Deleting Duplicates from Google Drive
For some, 15 GB of free storage is probably a lot, but with Photos and Videos being counted and running out of space is sure. For users who don’t wish to buy additional space, freeing up space is the first choice, right?
Since duplicate data, especially photos and videos, are big-time space hoggers, finding and removing them from Google Drive is a good way to recover space without surpassing the free storage limit.
Besides this, deleting duplicates helps organize data and find important files easily.
Now, we know the benefits of removing duplicates from Google Drive. Let us learn how to find duplicates in Google Drive.
How To Find Duplicate Files Saved on Google Drive Using Duplicate Files Fixer?
Certainly, finding duplicates manually on Google Drive or PC is exhausting. Luckily, there’s an easy way to find duplicates stored in Google Drive, PC, smartphones, and Dropbox.
Here’s how you can get rid of duplicates saved on Google Drive using the amazing Duplicate Files Fixer.
1. Download and install Duplicate Files Fixer
2. Launch the best duplicate file remover to detect and delete duplicate files
Note: By default, the tool scans the PC for duplicate files. Therefore, before clicking Scan for Duplicates, change the Scan Mode to Google Drive.
3. Click the downward arrow next to Scan Mode > select Scan Google Drive.
4. You’ll now be asked to either Sign in to your Gmail account or select the account from which you wish to scan and delete duplicates.
5. Grant permission when asked for and click Continue.
7. You will now see a new tab with the “Received verification code. You may close this window.”
8. You’ve now been granted access permission to Duplicate Files Fixer. This means you can scan and delete duplicate files from Google Drive.
9. Return to Duplicate Files Fixer and click Add Google Drive Folder.
10. Select the folder to scan from the pop-up window > Ok.
Note : It might take a second or so to show the folder, so wait, do not close the application.
11. The selected folder will now appear in Duplicate Files Fixer.
12. Click Scan for Duplicates and wait for the duplicate file finder to find duplicates in Google Drive.
13. After the scanning, you will get two options to select duplicates.
Note : Auto Mark feature auto selects duplicates in each group, leaving one copy unmarked. Also, it gives different selection criteria.
14. Review checked duplicates and preview the files.
15. Once the duplicates are selected, click Delete Marked > Yes, to confirm the action.
16. Wait for the process to finish.
Note : By default, Duplicate Files Fixer moves all duplicates to Google Drive Trash, giving you the option to restore.
17. Afterward, you will see a summary of deleted duplicate data.
18. To scan more, click Back and rescan the Google Drive or some other folder.
Tip : Using Duplicate Files Fixer, you can scan your system for duplicate files and Dropbox. To do so, you need to click the down arrow next to Scan mode and select the area you wish to scan. Also, this tool allows excluding file types from being scanned.
How To Find Duplicate Files
This is all for now. Using the steps above, you can easily find duplicates in Google Drive & remove them to make more space. Also, this great duplicate file finder is malware and virus-free. It is thoroughly tested and runs on Mac, Windows, and Android.
We hope you will try it and save yourself from paying for additional storage. Do share your feedback in the comments section. If you find the article – how to delete duplicate files useful, share it with others. However, if there is something you did not like or want us to add, do let us know. We love hearing from you.
How To Find and Remove Duplicate Screenshots
How To Get Rid Of Duplicate Photos Saved In Different Image Formats
How To Remove Duplicate Images From Windows Folders
Fix Windows 11 Duplicate Photos Problem