List of Contents
Best and Easiest Way to Find and Remove Duplicates from Google Drive.
As Google announces changes to its 15GB free storage, users have started grumbling. No one is liking the idea of uploaded photos and videos being counted towards 15GB free storage. If you too don’t approve of this & are looking for ways to free up 15GB free storage space, you are at the right place.
In this post, we will discuss how to find duplicate files from Google Drive, the most common thing we all miss. Duplicate files, photos, videos, etc whether stored on Google Drive, Dropbox, or PC are nothing more than junk data. Hence, before paying for additional storage space read this post and learn how to delete duplicate files. This will help save money and make room for important data.
Why use a Duplicate File Finder?
Earlier, finding duplicates stored on Google Drive was not that easy. As there were only two ways available –
1. Download all the files stored on Google Drive and then use a duplicate file finder to find and remove duplicates.
2. Compare each file manually.
This was cumbersome but not anymore. This guide covers the best and easiest way to find and remove duplicates from Google Drive, PC, and Dropbox.
So, ready to find duplicates in Google Drive?
How To Delete Duplicate Files Using Duplicate Files Fixer?
1. Download and install Duplicate Files Fixer
2. Launch the tool > select Scan Google Drive from Scan mode
3. Grant permission > add folder > scan for duplicates > select them and delete.
To learn in detail click here to jump to the section.
Probably 15 GB free storage is a lot, but with Photos and Videos being counted sooner or later we will run out of space. For users who don’t wish to buy additional space, freeing up space is the first choice, right?
As we all know, duplicate data, especially photos and videos are big-time space hoggers, so finding and removing duplicate files from Google Drive is a good way to recover space without surpassing the free storage limit.
Besides this, deleting duplicates helps organize data and find important files easily.
Now, we know the benefits of removing duplicates from Google Drive. Let us learn how to find duplicates in Google Drive.
How to Find Duplicate Files?
Certainly, finding duplicates manually on Google Drive or PC is exhausting. Luckily, there’s an easy way to find duplicates stored in Google Drive, on PC, and in Dropbox. Using the best duplicate file remover this can be done. Here’s how to use the amazing Duplicate Files Fixer.
1. Download and install Duplicate Files Fixer
2. Launch the best duplicate file remover to detect and delete duplicate files
Note: By default, the tool scans the PC for duplicate files. Therefore, before clicking Scan for Duplicates make sure you change the Scan Mode to Google Drive.
3. Click the downward arrow next to Scan Mode > select Scan Google Drive.
4. You’ll now be asked to either Sign in to your Gmail account or select the account that you wish to scan and delete duplicates from.
5. Grant permission when asked for.
6. Click Allow to reconfirm your choice.
7. You will now see a new tab with the message “Received verification code. You may close this window.”
8. You’ve now granted access permission to Duplicate Files Fixer. This means you are now ready to scan and delete duplicate files from Google Drive.
9. Open duplicate file remover from the Taskbar > click Add Folder.
10. Select the folder to scan from the pop-up window > Ok.
Note: It might take a second or so to show the folder, so wait, do not close the application.
11. The selected folder will now appear in Duplicate Files Fixer.
12. Click Scan for Duplicates and wait for the duplicate file finder to find duplicates in Google Drive.
13. Once the scanning is done, you will see scan results. Preview identified duplicates by double-clicking each selected file.
14. Next, you can use the Automarks feature to select and delete duplicates.
Note: This feature auto selects duplicates in each group leaving one copy unmarked. Also, it gives different selection criteria.
15. Once the duplicates are selected, click Delete Marked > Yes, to confirm the action.
16. Wait for the process to finish.
Note: By default, Duplicate Files Fixer moves all duplicates to Recycle Bin, giving you an option to restore.
17. Afterward, you will see a summary of deleted duplicate data.
18. To scan more, click Back and rescan the Google Drive or some other folder.
How To Find Duplicate Files
This is all for now, using the steps explained above you can easily find duplicates in Google drive & remove them to make more space. Also, this amazing duplicate file finder is malware, virus-free. It is thoroughly tested, runs on Mac, Windows, and Android.
We hope you will give it a try and will save yourself from paying for additional storage. Do share your feedback in the comments section. If you find the article – how to delete duplicate files useful share with others. However, if there is something you did not like or want us to add, do let us know. We love hearing from you.