To control major system functions and to maintain system performance, motherboard drives are needed. They act as a software interface between computer hardware and system software. Therefore, to help the system function properly, keeping the motherboard drivers updated is required.
To update the motherboard driver, an individual needs to know the manufacturer details, model number of the motherboard. For beginners collecting all these details is not easy. Understanding this, in this post, we will learn how to update the motherboard driver on Windows 11, 10.
Before getting into details, let us understand the most common types of motherboard drives.
The Common Type of Motherboard Drivers: –
- Network Driver – used to control functions of a device that connects a computer or laptop to a network.
- Chipset Driver – a small file in the system required by the operating system to identify the motherboard attached to the system. These drivers are usually found on a CD or some other media.
- Sound Driver – helps in sending audio information to the output device. It usually installs PCIe and PCI slots into the motherboard.
- Video Driver – a program that allows the operating system and graphics applications to communicate.
Read More:- How To Update Video Drivers On Windows 11, 10
- Wi-Fi Driver – a program that allows connecting to Wi-Fi.
Read More:- How To Update Wi-fi Driver on Windows 11, 10
Now, we know about the common types of motherboard drivers. Let us learn how to update mobo drivers.
Top Ways To Update Motherboard Drivers
Motherboard drivers can be updated in two ways – automatic and manual. You can either try both or, can pick any based on your liking. Just work your way down to learn about each method.
Note : Manual method is time-consuming and requires patience while the automatic way is quick and easy. Also, to update the chipset driver manually, you need information about the operating system and the device’s model number. Whereas, for the automatic method, no such information is required. The best driver updater - Advanced Driver Updater will automatically scan the system and find outdated drivers. Not only this, it will show you the most compatible driver update without visiting the manufacturer’s website.
How To Update Chipset Drivers?
To learn how to update motherboard drivers, read the method explained below:
Tip : To get system information, press Windows R type msinfo32 Enter. In the new window that opens, you will get all the system-related information.
See This- How to Fix PCI Modem Drivers Problems
Method 1 – Update Motherboard Driver Manually
To download and install the motherboard drivers manually, you will need to visit the manufacturer’s website. To learn how to do that, follow these steps:
1. Visit the official website of the motherboard manufacturer.
2. Search for the motherboard model number.
3. Head to the driver download page and download the correct driver based on the operating system you are using.
Tip : To avoid facing any issues, download drivers for all the components of the motherboard.
4. Once the driver is downloaded, go to the location where you have saved the driver. Double click the .exe file and follow on-screen instructions to install the driver. In case it is a zipped file you will first need to unzip it and then click on the .exe file to install the driver update for motherboard drivers.
5. Restart the PC after updating mobo drivers. This helps apply changes.
Method 2 – Download and Install Motherboard Driver Automatically
If you are unable to locate the correct driver update or are afraid of downloading an incorrect driver, you can do it automatically using Advanced Driver Updater.
To use this best driver updater, you don’t need to know the exact system configuration or motherboard details, the professional driver updating tool will do that on its own. Also, using it will eliminate the risk of downloading the incorrect drivers. So, without worrying about making a mistake, use Advanced Driver Updater.
This Windows driver updater will take care of the rest. Also, note as a precautionary measure it takes backup of old drivers before updating them.
To use Advanced Driver update and update motherboard drivers follow the steps below:
1. Click the download button to get Advanced Driver Updater
2. Double click the downloaded .exe file to install the tool.
3. Run Advanced Driver Updater > Start Scan Now
4. Wait for the driver updating tool to scan the system for outdated and problematic drivers.
5. Once you have the scan results, click the Update driver next to the motherboard.
Note: If you have the Pro version of the product, you can update all outdated drivers at one by clicking Update All. However, using the trial version you will have to update each driver one by one. What’s more? The registered version comes with a 60-day money-back guarantee and a team of trained technical support personnel.
6. After updating the driver, restart the system. The motherboard driver should now be updated.
Fix – How to Update Motherboard Driver
We hope we were able to answer how to update the chipset driver on Windows 11, 10. You can use any of the methods as explained. If you are a novice or short on time, an automatic method using Advanced Driver Updater is best. However, if you have some technical knowledge and think you can update the driver on your own, you can try the manual method.
Do let us know which method you picked and why in the comments section. In case you have any questions regarding the product, drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you find the post helpful, share it with others. In case you have some suggestions do let us know. We love to hear from you.