Extra copies of files clutter the data and hog space on Windows 11 & 10. Hence, here in this post, we will learn how to delete duplicate files from your computer.
Oh no, duplicates! They are a bane of my existence. Aside from eating up storage space, duplicates make the PC slow down, clutter the drive, make sifting through files difficult. Using the best duplicate file finder and remover tool, you can easily clean duplicate photos, videos, audio, documents, and various other files.
How are Duplicates Created in Windows 11?
Over time as we use the system, inevitably, we build up a collection of obsolete duplicate files. This can be an outcome of –
- Copying the same photos multiple times.
- Storing multiple backups of the same data.
- Saving the same file again and again to different folders, etc.
We’re going to explain the best tool to find and delete these unwanted files from your system. Using this ultimate duplicate file finder, you can detect and clean duplicates in no time. Here’s how to use Duplicate Files Fixer, the best duplicate cleaner for Windows, Mac, and Android.
Why is Duplicate Files Fixer the best tool to detect duplicates?
Unlike other duplicate file finder tools, Duplicate Files Fixer does not compare file names. It compares files by content. Also, it allows excluding folders from scanning and protecting folders. Moreover, you can use auto mark feature to auto-select duplicates, decide if you want to scan files based on:
- Same File Name
- Similar File Names
- Same File Size
- Same Created Date
- Same Modified Data.
Isn’t it great?
So, what are you waiting for? Get the tool now and clean duplicates to recover space, manage files, sort images and do a lot more.
Check This- How To Remove Duplicates From DropBox
How To Find and Remove Duplicate Files From Windows 11 , 10?
One of the best ways to detect and delete duplicates is Duplicate Files Fixer.
Developed by Systweak this duplicate cleaner is available both as a Free and paid version. Also, it can be used by Mac, Android, and PC users. Moreover, it helps clean duplicates saved on Google Drive and Dropbox.
Using it to detect and remove duplicates is very simple. Here we will give step-by-step instructions to use the tool.
Watch this video to understand how Duplicate Files Fixer work!
How to use Duplicate Files Fixer to delete duplicate files – Windows 11
1. Download and install Duplicate Files Fixer
2. Launch the ultimate and professional duplicate file cleaner. You’ll be greeted with the screen below:
3. Next, select the scan mode. Duplicate Files Fixer allows scanning Computer, Google Drive, and Dropbox. Select the one as per your preference by clicking the down arrow next to Scan Mode.
For this tutorial, we will learn how to clean duplicates from Windows 11, 10. To learn how to remove duplicate files from Google Drive read our earlier post.
4. After selecting Scan Computer, click Add folder to add the folder to scan for duplicates. In addition to this, you can also use the drag and drop option to add files for scanning.
5. Once this is done, click Scan for Duplicates and wait for the scan to finish.
6. When done, you will get a list of detected duplicates divided into categories. You can either click the specific tabs or can click All files.
7. To review them, double click each and expand them. You will be able to see a preview in the right pane.
8. Select duplicates to clean. If you find manually selecting duplicates difficult, use Automark feature. This will help auto select duplicates keeping one copy in each group safe (unselected)
Automark gives various options to select duplicates, use them as per the requirement.
9. After selecting the duplicates, click Delete Marked, confirm the action and wait for the operation to perform.
10. Thereafter, you will get a summary of the action performed.
11. Click Ok to go back to the scan result window. To add more folders, click the Back button and follow the same steps to delete duplicate files.
That’s it, using these simple steps, you can delete duplicates from Windows 11, and 10.
How to Delete duplicate files?
We hope you have got the answer to how to delete duplicate files in Windows 11. As recommended, you can use Duplicate Files Fixer, the best tool to detect and remove duplicates. Using this extraordinary tool in just a few clicks, you can scan the computer, Google Drive or Dropbox and clean duplicates easily.
With this tool, installed and running on your Android, Mac, and Windows removing duplicate files is so so easy. To keep system performance to the optimum, it is necessary to keep the system clutter-free. Also, if you’re using solid-state drives (SSD), buying extra storage can be expensive. So, it’s always better to keep the drive optimized with a tool that comes with a money-back guarantee and is best for deleting duplicate files.
We hope you like the information and will give Duplicate Files Fixer a try. Please share your thoughts about the product and post them in the comments section.
For product-related assistance, you can contact technical support at email@example.com