Extra copies of files clutter the data and hog space on Windows 11 & 10. Hence, here in this post, we will learn how to delete duplicate files from your computer.
Oh no, duplicates! They are a bane of my existence. Aside from eating up storage space, duplicates slow the PC, clutter the drive and make sifting through files difficult. You can easily clean duplicate photos, videos, audio, documents, and other files using the best duplicate file finder and remover tool.
How are Duplicates Created in Windows 11?
Over time as we use the system, inevitably, we build up a mountain of unwanted duplicate files. This can be an outcome of –
- Copying the same photos multiple times.
- Storing more than one backup of the same data.
- Saving the same file again and again to different folders, etc.
We’ll explain how using the best duplicate finder; you can find and delete these unwanted files from your system. Using this ultimate duplicate file finder, you can detect and clean duplicates in no time. Here’s how to use Duplicate Files Fixer, that runs on Windows, Mac, and Android.
Also Read- How To Delete Duplicate Files Quickly From Google Drive
Why is Duplicate Files Fixer the best tool to detect duplicates?
Unlike other duplicate file finder tools, Duplicate Files Fixer compares files by content instead of comparing file names. Also, it lets you exclude folders from scanning. Moreover, to auto-select duplicates, an Auto Mark feature is provided. You scan files based on the following:
- Same File Name
- Similar File Names
- Same File Size
- Same Created Date
- Same Modified Data.
Isn’t it great?
So, what are you waiting for? Get the tool now and clean duplicates to recover space, manage files, sort images, and do much more.
Check This- How To Remove Duplicates From DropBox
How To Find and Remove Duplicate Files From Windows 11, 10?
One of the best ways to detect and delete duplicates is Duplicate Files Fixer.
Developed by Systweak, this duplicate cleaner is available as a Free and paid version. Also, it can be used by Mac, Android, and PC users. Moreover, it helps clean duplicates saved on Google Drive and Dropbox.
Using it to detect and remove duplicates is very simple. Here we will give step-by-step instructions to use the tool.
Watch this video to understand how Duplicate Files Fixer works!
How To Use Duplicate Files Fixer to Delete Duplicate Files – Windows 11
1. Download and install Duplicate Files Fixer
2. Launch the professional duplicate file cleaner. You’ll be greeted with the screen below:
3. Next, select the scan mode. Duplicate Files Fixer allows scanning Computer, Google Drive, and Dropbox. Select the one per your preference by clicking the down arrow next to Scan Mode.
This tutorial will teach us how to clean duplicates from Windows 11 and 10. Read our earlier post to learn how to remove duplicate files from Google Drive.
4. After selecting Scan Computer, click Add folder to add the folder to scan for duplicates. In addition, you can also use the drag-and-drop option to add files for scanning.
5. Once this is done, click Scan for Duplicates and wait for the scan to finish.
6. When done, you will get a list of detected duplicates divided into categories. You can either click the specific tabs or can click All files.
7. To review them, double-click each and expand them. You will be able to see a preview in the right pane.
8. Select duplicates to clean. If you find manually selecting duplicates difficult, use the Automark feature. This will help auto-select duplicates keeping one copy in each group safe (unselected)
Automark gives various options to select duplicates and use them per the requirement.
9. After selecting the duplicates, click Delete Marked, confirm the action and wait for the operation to perform.
10. Thereafter, you will get a summary of the action performed.
11. Click Ok to go back to the scan result window. To add more folders, click the Back button and follow the same steps to delete duplicate files.
That’s it; using these simple steps, you can delete duplicates from Windows 11 and 10.
Also Read- How To Delete Duplicate Images Using Duplicate Photos Fixer
How to Delete duplicate files?
We hope we were able to give you the answers for how you can get rid of duplicate files in Windows 11. As recommended, try Duplicate Files Fixer, which helps detect and clean duplicates in just a few clicks. You can scan the computer, Google Drive or Dropbox and clean duplicates easily.
We hope you like the information and will try Duplicate Files Fixer. Please share your thoughts about the product and post them in the comments section.
See Also- How to Remove Cookies in Chrome – Windows 10 (2022)
For product-related assistance, you can contact technical support at email@example.com
How To Easily Delete Duplicates From Windows 10?
How To Delete Duplicates In Lightroom
How To Delete Duplicate Photos on SD Card
How To Identify, Group & Delete Similar Looking Photos
How To Remove Duplicates From Prioritized Location