Manually locating and removing duplicate pictures from the Windows folder can be time-consuming and risky. A professional duplicate photos finder software is required to find the same photos from Windows PC. Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro is the right choice. To learn more about the tool, read the post.
Duplicates, as we all know, are two or more copies of the same file, and they get created very quickly. Once you use the tool, you’ll be surprised to know how many copies of pictures are saved on the hard drive under different folders and take up unwanted space. Still, Windows doesn’t provide a built-in scanner that helps find and delete duplicate images.
Luckily, using Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro, you can quickly identify duplicate photographs of any format, be it JPEG, PNG, BMP, TIF, or GIF, and get rid of them. However, before we get into details and learn how to use the software, let’s understand a few basic things.
How Do Duplicate Photos Get Accumulated on Windows?
Duplicate files get stored on the PC due to different factors, this includes:
- Backing up the same file again and again.
- Saving the same image in different folders.
- Downloading the same file multiple times.
Why is it recommended to delete duplicate photos?
Whether on Windows, Mac, Android, or iOS, duplicate images waste disk space and affect the device’s performance. Also, due to them, antivirus takes longer to scan, photo synching consumes more bandwidth, and cloud storage gets filled up very soon. All this and much more makes finding and deleting duplicate pictures important.
Is there a Way to Manually Identify Duplicate images?
Some tips will help identify duplicate images stored in the Windows and download folders.
When a duplicate image is saved in the same folder, generally, you will see the name appended with a copy term in the image’s name. This explains that the image is a duplicate of another image in the same folder.
If you check the metadata, you will find that the copied image shows the same format, size, date, and other features as the original picture. The below screenshot explains the scenario.
When a duplicate is saved in the Downloads folder, the scenario changes. When downloaded more than once, a number is added to the name of the identical picture. To understand it better, refer to the screenshot.
The number value indicates how many times the same images have been downloaded.
With the help of these key pointers, you can identify duplicate images, but can you remove all of them? If they are a handful of them, then you certainly can. However, when they are in the hundreds and thousands, then? In such situations, only a professional duplicate photos finder tool can come to the rescue.
Suppose you are stuck in a similar situation; use Duplicate Photos Fixer to find and delete the same image. To learn how to use the application, follow the steps below.
How To Remove Duplicate Images from Different Folders Using Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro?
When you have a limited number of duplicate photographs, you can manually detect and remove them one at a time. Using the expert software Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro you can efficiently eliminate identical images. The tool looks for duplicate and similar pictures saved on your Windows PC, Dropbox and Google Drive. Follow the step-by-step instructions given below:
- Download Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro from the official website or click the button below to install it.
- Open the duplicate tool, and to Add Photos click Add Photos. However, if you want to add a Windows folder, Downloads folder, or any other folder, click Add Folder.
- Select the folder you want to scan and click Select Folder.
- Once all the desired folders are added, select the Comparison Method – Exact Match or Similar Match. For better results, we suggest choosing the Similar Match option.
If you want to scan specific image formats, click the Settings option.
Click File Formats from the left pane and checkmark the file formats for which you want to perform a scan.
- Next, set the Matching criteria, and then click Scan for Duplicates.
- Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro will now check all the added photos and folders for duplicates based on content.
- Preview scan results and select the images you want to remove. You can take advantage of the Auto Mark feature that helps auto-select photos in each group, leaving one unmarked.
- To remove the selected duplicate photos, click Delete Marked.
- The deleted image will be moved to the Recycle Bin. (If using default settings)
- This way, the tool will successfully remove the duplicate images and move them to the Recycle Bin.
- Exit the application and open the folder you scanned for duplicates to see if the duplicate images are wiped off.
This is how you can quickly eliminate duplicate images from the Windows folder.
Duplicate pictures aren’t a threat to the PC, but they occupy unwanted space and cause users confusion when they view them. They also take up needless storage space on hard drives. As a result, you should use the Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro program to delete the identical copies from your computer and reclaim the usable space.