Each cloud storage service you use has a storage limit attached to it. For instance, Google offers 15GB of free space, including Google Photos. This is why the last thing you want to do is waste space and pay for additional storage.
With that said, this post explains different ways to clean duplicate pictures. The best way to keep your Google Drive free from duplicates is to use Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro. The photo finder scans Google Drive, PC, and external storage devices for duplicate pictures. This helps free up space unnecessarily occupied by the same photos and manage data quickly.
Saving photos on the cloud is a great way to securely backup memories captured in photographs. It also allows accessing pictures from anywhere and anytime. Google Photos is widespread and is used by the majority of users. However, there’s a downside it quickly gets filled with duplicate images. But don’t worry. The post explains how to delete the same photos in Google Photos.
Read Also : How To Clean Duplicate Photos From Google Drive
How do Duplicates Get Stored in Google Photos?
Each file is allotted a hash code to identify and distinguish a file. This code changes when the file is edited or moved across devices. Due to this, it gets uploaded when you sync data on the Google Photos library, even if duplicated. To avoid this, try to limit the device you are synching with your account.
How To Delete Duplicate Photos?
Sadly, there’s no automatic way to batch delete duplicate photos saved in Google Photos. However, you can manually delete them.
Note : Google Photos sort the photos by metadata. This means you will see pictures with the same timestamp next to each other.
To learn more about how to find and delete duplicate photos from Google Photos, follow these steps:
- Go to Photo.Google.com
- Log in to your Google account from which you want to find and remove duplicate photos.
- Click Photos from the left panel.
- Scroll through the list of photos to find duplicate images.
- Select the exact copy of images and click the Trash can icon.
Following these instructions, you can find and delete duplicate images from your Google Photos. Removing pictures from Google Photos will remove them from all the synched devices.
Automatically Remove Duplicate Images from Google Photos
I know you must be wondering how that is possible because earlier in this post, we explained there’s no automatic way. However, if you use Google’s Backup and Sync app to save images locally, you can use Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro. The duplicate image cleaner allows you to scan photos saved on a PC, Google Drive, and external drive. The best part is that you can clean 15 images for free. Here’s how to use it:
- Download and install Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro.
- Launch the de duplicate software.
- Either drag and drop photos or add them using Add Photos or Add Folders. To scan Google Drive, click the down arrow and select it.
- Grant access and click Scan for Duplicates.
- Select Scan Computer > and click on Scan for Duplicates to scan the PC.
- Wait for the scanning to finish.
- Preview scan results and select the images to delete. Alternatively, you can use the Auto Mark feature.
- After selecting duplicate images, click Delete Marked. The deleted duplicates will automatically move to Recycle Bin.
That’s all. Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro has helped clean duplicate images from the selected storage device.
Unless you run out of storage space, most of you might not consider duplicate images a problem. However, looking deep, you will understand they are a headache. Also, they are responsible for slowing down processing time and loading images.
Therefore, when it comes to organizing photographs or optimizing space on cloud storage, Google Photos identifying duplicate photos and cleaning them is a good it. We hope we were able to explain how you can do it efficiently. To simplify, you can use Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro, the best duplicate image cleaner compatible with Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS.