Do you want to sort your picture gallery filled with duplicates? Well, to learn how to do that, keep reading the post. Here we explain tips to delete duplicate photos.
Duplicate images are nothing more than junk; they waste disk space and clutter the image gallery. Therefore, before they can cause any harm, it is important to get rid of them. So, without further delay, let’s learn the best ways to remove duplicate photos from Windows 10.
How are Duplicates Created?
Duplicate pictures get accumulated on the PC due to different reasons. They are as follows:
- Backing up the same data several times.
- Downloading the same file multiple times.
- Sharing similar files.
Due to the reasons stated above, it is critical to browse through your folders or albums and eliminate duplicate photographs. If manually sifting through each folder seems like a task, you can use Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro, the powerful & best duplicate photo finder for Windows 10.
Tips To Delete Duplicate Photos From Windows
Removing Duplicate Photos Using Photos App
Photos App is a built-in photo viewing and organizing app on Windows 10. Using it, you can edit images and even delete duplicate photos. Let’s see how to do that:
- Launch Microsoft Photos App.
- To view photographs click the specific folder or the default Pictures folder.
- Find the duplicates manually > select them and click the Delete option. The chosen images will be moved to Recycle Bin.
If you have several duplicate photos in the exact folder, press CTRL and select the duplicate images. Hit the Delete button. This will help get rid of duplicate photos from Windows 10.
Wiping Duplicates From PC Using File Explorer
Caution: When using File Explorer to search for duplicates, avoid the Program Files, Windows, and PrefLogs folder.
- Press Windows + E to open File Explorer.
- Open the folder from which you want to find and delete duplicate photos.
- In the search field, type Kind: picture and hit Enter. This will show all the images in the selected folder and sub folder.
- In addition, to view an image by the format, you need to type kind:=pciture type: jpg and hit Enter key.
- To view the thumbnails properly, change the view by clicking the View tab > Extra large icon. Also, you can sort them by Size or Name. Right-click on the space > select Sort by Size or Name.
- Select the images you want to remove and hit the Delete button.
Finding and Deleting Duplicate Pictures from Google Photos
Since there is no automatic way to batch delete duplicates, you will need to delete them manually. You’ll need to scroll through the entire library > compare pictures > and delete them.
Luckily, Google sorts photos by metadata; this makes locating and deleting duplicates quick. To free up space and remove duplicates,s follow these steps:
- Open your web browser and enter photos.google.com > press Enter key.
- Log in to your Google account from which you want to delete duplicates.
- Click Photos > scroll through the images > select the duplicates > click the Trash icon.
This is how you can remove duplicates from Google Photos.
Locating and Removing Duplicate Images from Windows PC & External Storage Media
- Download and install Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro from the button below.
- To find duplicate images saved on PC, ensure Scan Computer is selected. After that, click Add Folder to add a folder or Add Photos to add pictures.
- Select the folder and click Select Folder.
- When all the folders and images are added, select from the two the Comparison Method – Exact Match or Similar Match.
For better Results, we Suggest Choosing the Similar Match
To scan specific image formats, click the Settings option.
Click File Formats > checkmark the file formats you wish to scan the PC for.
- Next, set the Matching criteria > click Scan for Duplicates.
- Wait for Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro to finish the scan.
- Preview scan results > select the images you want to remove.
- If you have thousands of images to select from, use the Auto Mark feature that helps auto-select photos in each group, leaving one unmarked.
- Click Delete Marked.
- This will move the selected images to Recycle Bin. (If using default settings)
- This is how the best duplicate photo cleaning will clear out the duplicates from the folders you have scanned.
Detecting and Deleting Duplicate Photographs from Google Drive
Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro not only helps get rid of duplicates from PC and external drives but using it, you can remove duplicates from Google Drive too.
To learn, follow the instructions below:
- Assuming you have already installed Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro, launch the tool.
- To scan Google Drive for duplicates choose the Scan Google Drive option by clicking the down arrow next to Scan.
- When prompted, log in to your Google Account & grant access.
- Click Continue to proceed.
- This will open a new window will the message “Received verification code. You may now close this window”. This means the duplicate photo cleaning tool is now ready to scan Google Drive.
- Select the folder you want to scan for duplicate photos.
- The selected folder will be displayed on the Home screen.
- Click Scan for Duplicates and wait for the process to finish.
- Preview duplicate images saved on Google Drive in the selected folder.
- Select the duplicates and click Delete Marked.
The selected duplicates will be deleted from Google Drive.
Certainly, duplicate photos are a severe problem. Using the different tips explained above, we hope you can eliminate duplicates from Windows 10 PC, external drive, Google Drive, & Google Photos. If you find the information helpful, please share it with others and share your feedback.