No sound; audio is giving issues on Windows 10.
Here are the 4 best ways to update sound drivers on Windows 10.
We understand without sound; everything becomes dull and depressing. If you face audio issues on your Windows, it’s time to update the sound driver. This post will explain how to update audio drivers on Windows 10.
But before that, let us understand why we need to update sound drivers and where can you find the audio driver.
Note : To update a driver, you don’t need to learn how to reinstall audio drivers.
Where Do I Find the Audio Drivers?
The Audio Driver in Windows can be found in Device Manager. To locate it, follow the steps below:
1. Press Windows + X and select Device Manager.
2. Now, in the Device Manager window, expand the Sound, video and game controllers tree.
3. Here, you will see the audio driver’s name.
Why Should I Upgrade My Sound Drivers?
No sound – when you try to play audio and hear no sound, or the speakers suddenly stop working, the driver is corrupt or outdated.
Cracking sound – If the sound breaks while watching a movie or playing a game.
You need additional features when you want extra sound effects or to adjust levels.
To enhance the sound – updating the audio driver helps improve the sound. But if you are looking for ways to speed up Windows performance, check out how to speed up the performance of your Windows 10.
How To Update Sound Drivers
Now that we know why we need to update audio drivers let us learn ways to get the latest audio drivers.
Sound drivers on Windows can be updated both manually and automatically. The manual is time-consuming and requires patience, while the automatic is easy and quick. To update the audio driver on Windows 10,8,7, try Advanced Driver Updater. The driver updating software scans the PC for problematic drivers and shows the latest driver updates. To download it, click On Button below.
Tip : Sometimes, we forget that the speakers are muted. Therefore, before getting into troubleshooting steps, ensure that is not the case. Also, check the connections; a loose cable connection might cause the sound to stop playing.
Method 1 – Automatically updating the Sound driver
Manually searching the web for the correct driver update can be frustrating. The risk of downloading incorrect drivers increases, and you might brick the system. Understanding this and other problems that might arise when an incorrect driver is installed, Systweak developed Advanced Driver Updater. An app scans your PC for outdated drivers and shows the compatible driver update. With a driver database of over a million, this driver updating tool is one of the best tools in the market.
Follow the steps & update the audio driver:
1. Use the Download Now button to get Advanced Driver Updater.
2. Open the tool and start scanning by clicking Start Scan Now.
3. Let the scanning complete > and update the audio driver by clicking the Update driver link or Update All button.
Note : Free users, can update individual drivers while paid users can update all outdated drivers at once.
5. Reboot the PC.
This will solve the no sound problem.
Method 2 – Update audio driver via Windows Update
Before getting into more complicated methods, let’s try the easier way and learn how to update the audio driver on Win 10.
1. In the Windows search bar, type Windows Update and select the best search results.
2. Click Check for Updates to download and install the latest updates.
3. If you are using an updated version of Windows, click View optional updates.
4. Double click Driver updates and look if an update for the sound driver is available.
5. Select it > Download and install.
6. Restart the PC to apply changes.
Method 3 – Updating Sound Driver via Device Manager
Even after updating Windows, if the sound is not working, you will need to look for a sound driver via Device Manager. To do so, follow the steps below:
1. Press Windows + X > Device Manager
2. Find Sound, video, and game controllers > expand it.
3. Right-click the name of the sound card you are using > Update Driver
4. Select, the first option from the new window that opens.
5. Wait for it to look for an available update.
6. Reboot the system and check if the problem is solved or not.
Method 4 – Updating Audio Driver via Manufacturer’s Website
If nothing has worked so far and you still wish to do it manually, you can visit the manufacturer’s website to download the latest driver update.
Here are the URLs for some common audio driver manufacturers:
- Creative Labs
- Intel HD Graphics and Audio
- AMD (High Definition Audio Device)
- NVIDIA (High Definition Audio Device)
After downloading the sound driver, here’s how to update the sound driver.
1. Press Windows + X > Device Manager.
2. Find Sound, video, and game controllers > expand it.
3. Right-click the audio device you are using > Update driver
4. Click, Browse my computer for drivers.
5. Next, click Browse and go to the location where you have saved the sound driver.
Alternatively, if you have the setup file you can use Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer and browse to the location where the driver is saved.
6. Click Next and keep following the instructions to update the sound driver.
7. Restart the system, your audio driver should be updated, and the sound should be working.
Fix – Updating Audio Drivers – Windows 10
That’s it; you can upgrade the audio driver on Windows 10, 8, and 7 by following any of the methods outlined above. If you want a quick way out and don’t enjoy following the lengthy processes, you can use Advanced Driver Updater. This excellent driver updating application checks and updates any outdated drivers with ease. If you feel like upgrading additional old drivers after installing the sound driver, read how to update drivers on Windows 10,8,7.
We hope you enjoyed the post and learned how to upgrade sound drivers. If you have any product-related questions contact the support team at email@example.com.
How To Fix IDT High Definition Audio CODEC Driver Problem
How To Download and Update Realtek Audio Console in Windows 11, 10, 8, 7
How To Fix Realtek Audio Driver not Working
How to Recover Deleted Audio files