Are you struggling to keep all of your photos stored on your computer? If you are, you are certainly not alone. Keeping your computer’s storage space organized can be difficult, with the average person taking dozens – if not hundreds – of photos daily.
One way to free up some space on your computer is to learn how to make photos take up less space. This can be done by perfectly organizing your photo files on your computer or using a duplicate photo finder tool to help clean exact and similar copies of pictures.
Keep reading to learn more about how you can make photos take up less space on your computer!
How Do Make Photos Take Less Space?
The best way to save space taken by photos and organize them on a PC is first to clean the duplicates. These files clutter the picture gallery and take up unwanted storage space. The best way to accurately detect duplicates is to use a third-party duplicate photo finder.
Why do we say so?
Because Windows built-in Photos App lacks a feature to detect duplicates, you can sift through them manually if you have a few images. Hence, we recommend using Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro.
The tool, in just a few clicks and within a few minutes, helps detect similar and duplicate images. Additionally, you can adjust the matching criteria, customize settings, preview scan results, auto-mark duplicates, and much more. Anyone from an advanced user to a beginner can use it without training and manage the pictures saved on the PC.
How To Use Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro and make photos take less space
- Download and install Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro.
- Launch the tool to scan the PC for duplicates and organize photos.
- Drag and drop photos or add folders using the Add Folder button.
- After that, choose between the Comparison Methods – Exact Match and Similar Match.
- After that, adjust the Matching level to get desired results.
- Preview scan results and adjust the matching level on this screen.
For better understanding, you can also view the metadata of each image.
- Now, select images. You can use the Auto Mark feature to select pictures automatically by keeping one in each group unmarked.
- Click Delete Marked to remove duplicates and free up space.
This is how you can organize photos on the computer. Using a third-party duplicate photos cleaner.
In addition to this, we suggest you compress images. It is a method to reduce image size in bytes. However, depending on the picture you wish to reduce in size, the purpose you want to use, the device type, and the software you use. You can try this alongside duplicates. For this, you can use online image compression tools.
Furthermore, you can reduce the size of the photo. In this process, the digital photos‘ pixels are compressed to take less space. This helps in saving storage space and even solves the problem of sending images as attachments.
However, if you don’t want to resize images, you can compress them. But if you don’t want to do either, the best way to organize photos and make them take less space is to keep the duplicate free.
How To Reduce Picture File Size on a Windows
If you want to use Windows built-in tool to reduce picture size, follow these steps:
- Open the Photos app.
- Open the picture you want to resize.
- Click the three dots on the top right-hand side.
- Select ‘Resize’ from it and choose from the list of available options S (small) or M (medium).
- After resizing the size, click ‘Save As’ to save changes.
- Give a name to the edited image.
This is how you can resize images on Windows using the Photos app.
We hope you can free up space and keep the gallery clutter-free by using the steps and the excellent Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro. You can resize or compress images using the online tool or the Photos app. Please let us know which solution you like and why in the comment section.
How To Get Rid Of Duplicate Photos Saved In Different Image Formats
How To Delete Duplicate Photos In Google Photos