Microsoft DirectX is a set of technologies designed to make Windows-based computers an ideal platform for running and displaying applications rich in multimedia elements such as full-color graphics, video, 3D animation, and audio. DirectX includes security and performance updates, along with many new features across all technologies, which can be accessed by applications using the DirectX APIs.
This guide provides an overview of downloading, installing, and updating DirectX on your Windows 10 PC.
Different Ways to Update DirectX in Windows
Before we learn how to update Directx, knowing its current version is essential. To get the version of DirectX, follow the steps below:
How To Know the Version of DirectX
- Press Windows + S and type dxdiag into the box.
- Select the best search result.
- This will open a new window where you can check the DirectX version.
Once you have the version number of DirectX, follow the below steps to update it.
Update DirectX on Windows 10 PC
Now that you know that the version of DirectX you are running is outdated follow these steps to update it.
Note : As there isn’t a stand-alone package available for Windows 10, we will be able to update it through Windows Update.
- Press Windows + I to open the settings window.
- Click Update & Security.
- Select Windows Update > click Check for updates.
- Wait for Windows to run the scan and check for updates.
- If there are any, you will be notified. To install them, follow the on-screen instructions. This will update the version of DirectX on Windows.
This is how you can update DirectX on Windows 11. We suggest you keep the device driver updated. Advanced Driver Updater is one of the trusted and reliable driver updating tools.
The Free version will update one driver at a time while paid allows updating all, and it also comes with a 2-month money-back guarantee.
Writer’s Tip – Best Driver Updater Software to Update Device Drivers
To achieve this, you can use Advance Driver Updater. Without wasting your time or asking you to provide any information, the tool will detect outdated drivers and show compatible updates. Also, it will save you from downloading an incorrect driver. To use Advanced Driver Updater, follow these steps:
- Download and install Advanced Driver Updater.
- Open the driver updater to scan the PC and help update device drivers.
- Review scan results and update the drivers.
- If you are a Free user, click the Update driver link opposite to each driver to update them individually. However, if you are a registered user, you can click the Update All button and update all outdated device drivers to enjoy glitch-free PC performance.
- To save changes, you must reboot your computer. This will help see the difference in the PC performance and the way the device interacts with the computer.
Update DirectX on Windows PC
This is how you can download the latest version of Direct X through Windows Update. In addition, to keep all devices running at optimal performance and avoid facing BSOD or any connectivity issues, you can use Advanced Driver Updater to update the driver. We hope you find the information we have shared useful and will use it to update DirectX, thereby avoiding any issues while you play games on PC.
Please leave your feedback in the comments section.
Fix PL2303 Phased Out – Windows 11/10
How To Fix USB Tethering Not Working in Windows PC
How To Fix Zoom Video Not Working In Windows 10