Do you see a yellow mark next to PCI Serial Port when you open Device Manager?
Yes, you’ve landed on the right page. In this post, we will discuss how to fix Peripheral Component Interconnect (PCI) serial port driver issues. Peripheral Component Interconnect, is used to connect monitors and printers. When it goes missing you might face problems reading output devices. Since it is an industry-standard bus for attaching peripheral devices to a computer you need to keep them updated.
Here we will discuss how you can keep PCI updated and what is the best way to download a PCI serial port driver. Using either of the methods explained you can have the latest and updated drivers.
2 Best Ways to Fix PCI Serial Port Drivers Issues on Windows
This method requires you to know the device and operating system details. Also, an element of risk is involved with this method. Since you will be doing everything on your own, if you end up installing an incorrect driver your system might brick. Therefore, double-check each detail before downloading the driver on the website.
Compared to the manual method, updating drivers automatically is less time-consuming. Also, there’s no need to collect device or operating system details. Not only this, when you use Advanced Driver Updater the tool takes backup of old drivers. This helps restore drivers if anything goes wrong.
Now that we know what both methods have to offer, let us learn how to use them and fix PCI Serial Port Driver Issues on Windows.
Method 1: Manually Updating PCI Serial Port driver
1. Press Windows logo key + X > select Device Manager
2. Look for Other devices.
3. Double click to expand it > right-click PCI Serial Port > Update Driver Software
4. This will open a new window here click Search automatically for updated driver software.
5. Wait for Windows to detect if any updates are available.
6. If any are available, they will be downloaded automatically.
7. Restart PC to apply changes and see if PCI Serial Port issue is resolved or not.
Method 2: Automatically download & update PCI Serial Port driver via Advanced Driver Updater
Developed by Systweak, Advanced Driver Updater is one of the best driver updating tools. This utility automatically recognizes your system and finds the correct driver for your system. For this, you don’t need to exactly know the system you are using, or device details. Also, the risk of downloading and installing the wrong driver is not there.
Moreover, in a few clicks you can update drivers and can also set a schedule for driver update. Advanced Driver Updater offers both Free and Pro versions. Using the free version, you have to update one driver at a time while the registered version allows updating all outdated drivers at once.
To use Advanced Driver Updater, follow these steps:
1. Download and install Advanced Driver Updater
2. Run the driver updating tool
3. Click Start Scan now to scan the system for outdated drivers
4. Wait for the scan to finish
5. When done, review scan results. If using the Free version click Update Driver next to PCI driver. However, if you are using a paid version, you can click Update All to update all outdated drivers.
6. Restart the PC to apply changes
Now check the system, the PCI driver should now be working.
Wrap Up – How to Fix PCI Serial Port Driver Issues on Windows 10 PC
Though the PCI driver problem might look minor, it does create a huge mess. When PCI serial port driver issues occur, everything seems to come to a halt. Either you are unable to connect the hardware or access the connected one. In such cases, the best way to update PCI serial port driver Windows 10 is to either use Device Manager or use Advanced Driver Updater.
If you are looking for our recommendation, we suggest using Advanced Driver Updater, as there is no risk involved and the complete process is automated. Moreover, it comes with a 60-day money-back guarantee and is backed by a trained technical support team.
We hope you like the information we shared and were able to update PCI serial port driver Windows 10.
For any product related queries, you can contact email@example.com