Digital photos have become a big part of our day-to-day lives yet we miss out on taking care of them. With that said, when digital memories go missing or are accidentally deleted, we get anxious. If you are stuck in such a space, you are at the right place. In today’s post, we will discuss how to recover old photos using the best picture recovery tool called Photos Recovery.
With the help of this tool, you can recover permanently deleted photos from HDD, USB flash drive, formatted hard disk, and more. Compatible with Windows and Android, Photos Recovery is the ray of hope in the darkness of the lost pictures zone. Alongside this tool, there are other ways also by which you can recover deleted photos.
So, without any further ado let us learn about all the ways that will recover old photos.
How to Recover Old Deleted Photos On Windows
We will now discuss different ways to retrieve deleted photos on Windows. Mind you, some of them might not be suitable for a specific situation, but one of them will surely help recover old photos. In some cases, you can get old pictures back using Windows built-in tools. However, if it doesn’t work, you can try other ways to recover permanently deleted photos. So, let us take a closer look at the options.
How to Get Old Pictures Back?
There are different ways using which we can recover old, deleted photos. We will discuss all of them one by one in this post.
Way 1 – Recovering deleted photos from Recycle Bin
Once you realize your photos are missing or have been deleted, the first place you should look for is Recycle Bin. Provided by Windows, Recycle Bin is the place where recently deleted photos are temporarily saved. Delete data remains here for a predefined time or until the bin is emptied.
To restore deleted photos from Recycle Bin follow these steps:
1. On the desktop look for Recycle Bin
2. Double click top open it
3. Look for the deleted photos
4. Select them > right-click > Restore.
5. Wait for the process to finish and verify if the files are put back in their original location.
Way 2 – Restoring Deleted Photos from Backup Files
If you keep a backup of your data, you are in luck. In data loss scenarios, backups prove to be priceless. Windows offer a backup and recovery tool, if you have been using it follow these steps to retrieve lost images.
To get back old deleted photos from the Windows backup follow these steps:
1. Attach the storage media on which the backup is saved
2. In Windows search bar type System and Maintenance >
3. This will open Control Panel window. Look for Backup and Restore
4. Either choose Restore my file or Restore all users’ files.
5. Use Browse files or Browse for folder option to look for the lost images.
Note: While browsing for folders cannot see individual files.
6. Select the pictures to recover and click Restore to put them back to their location.
Way 3 – Use Photos Recovery Tool
If the Recycle Bin is empty, or you don’t have a backup, use Photos Recovery, the ultimate solution to restore deleted photographs. Based on user reviews and our experience this recovery tool is the best tool to get back permanently deleted photos. Photos Recovery offers two scanning modes – Quick Scan and Deep Scan. Using either you can recover old deleted pictures.
Since we are talking about old deleted photos, we suggest using Deep Scan. Compared with Quick Scan, Deep Scan is comprehensive, in-depth and thorough. Though it is time consuming, yet it helps retrieve most of the deleted images.
To use this amazing tool, follow these steps:
1. Download and install Photos Recovery.
2. Launch the recovery tool to scan the system.
3. If it is an USB flash drive, make sure you connect it to the system before running the recovery tool.
4. Select the area to scan. If it is a hard drive partition click Hard Drive and select the disk partition. However, if it is an external storage media click Removable Drive.
5. Afterward hit START SCAN.
Note: If you see the Removable Drive option greyed out, it means the disk is not connected.
6. Wait for the process to finish. The time taken by the scan to finish depends on the size of disk and the scanning mode. Remember, Deep Scan is time consuming.
7. Review scan results > select the images to recover > hit Recover
8. Select the location where you want to save retrieved old photos. Make sure it is not the one that you are scanning. As doing so will reduce chances of data recovery.
9. Again click the Recover button and wait for the process to finish.
10. Deleted pictures will now be restored onto the selected location.
Using Photos Recovery, you can also restore RAW photos. To do so, launch Photos Recovery > click the Settings icon > Settings > Filter Options > check mark the box next to RAW photos > Apply.
Once that is done scan your Windows for lost deleted photos.
Wrap Up –
As explained, there are several ways to get old pictures back. You can use any of them to recover old photos. Do let us know which way you choose and why in the comments section. We hope we were able to answer how to recover old deleted photos.
Also, to avoid facing such situations, always keep a data backup, but if you don’t have one, you can use Photos Recovery software. Using it you can get back deleted pictures without any fail.
If have any product related query or need an assistance regarding the product send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org