Does the yellow exclamation mark you see opposite to the PCI drivers in the Device Manager bother you?
You’re not alone; most Windows users are facing the same problem. This post will explain fixing the PCI device driver yellow exclamation issue.
Here are the 3 best ways to update the PCI Serial port driver issue on Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, and 7. You can choose any to fix the problem.
What is a PCI driver?
Peripheral Component Interconnect, a.k.a (PCI), is a piece of hardware that connects to your computer’s motherboard. The correct driver update helps keep the hardware devices of your PC running smoothly. When these device drivers are corrupted, missing, or outdated, your PC stops working correctly. Therefore, you should keep the PCI driver updated.
Why Update PCI Device Driver?
PCI Device Driver is software that enables a PCI device to function correctly. Suppose you receive an error message about the PCI device driver, or the PCI driver doesn’t show up in the ‘Device Manager,’ or you see a ‘Yellow Exclamation Mark’ on your PCI device. In that case, you need to update outdated and corrupt PCI Device Driver.
How to fix the PCI Device Driver Missing Issue?
Method 1. Updating PCI Device Driver Through Device Manager
1. Press Windows + R open Run Windows
2. Type devmgmt.msc in the Run window.
3. This will open Device Manager. Double click Other devices > right-click the PCI device > Update driver.
3. You’ll now get a new window with two options:
Search automatically for drivers
Browse my computer for drivers
Select, Search automatically for drivers and wait for Windows to look for driver updates.
4. Wait for a few minutes for the process to finish. If an update is available, your PCI driver will be updated.
5. However, if you get the message The best drivers for your device are already installed, we suggest clicking Search for updated drivers on Windows Update.
6. Click Check for Updates > if an update is available, download and install it.
7. Restart the PC; this should help fix the problem.
However, if this doesn’t work, move to the next solution.
Method 2: Updating the PCI Device Driver From the Manufacturer’s Website
If the above steps do not work for you, you will need to visit the manufacturer’s website to update the PCI driver. To do so, you will first need the driver’s details. Follow the instructions below to collect the details and update the PCI driver to fix the PCI device driver missing Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7 error.
1. Press Windows + X > Device Manager.
2. Double click Other devices > right-click the PCI driver against which you see a yellow exclamation mark.
3. Select Properties > click Details tab > click the down arrow and select Hardware Ids.
4. Copy the first hardware ID listed.
5. Open the web browser and use the search engine to find the driver update.
6. Click the correct link to download the driver update manually. When doing so, make sure you are downloading the correct driver by the version of Windows you are using.
7. Follow the instructions to install the Update.
8. Restart the system to apply changes. If this sounds too much work, you can automatically download the driver update using Advanced Driver Updater.
See This- How to Fix PCI Modem Drivers Problems
Method 3: Automatically Update PCI Device Driver (Recommended)
If the above steps are not something you like, use Advanced Driver Updater to get the latest version of the PCI driver.
This driver updater for Windows to give you the latest driver updates detects PC and device information. Moreover, user doesn’t need any technical knowledge. The utility will auto-detect system details and will show the compatible driver updates that will save you from installing incorrect driver updates.
Using either the FREE or the paid version drivers can be updated. The advantage of using the registered Advanced Driver Updater is that it allows updating all outdated drivers in a go while the FREE version allows updating individual drivers. Moreover, you get a 60-days money-back guarantee and technical support with the registered version. Follow the steps to use Advanced Driver Updater.
1. Click the Download Now button to get Advanced Driver Updater.
2. Launch Advanced Driver Updater and run it by clicking the Start Scan Now button.
3. Let the driver updating tool finish the scan > review scan results > update driver.
To update the PCI driver as a Trial user click the Update driver opposite its name. However, click the Update All button if you are a registered user.
4. Restart PC to bring changes into effect.
This is how you can update the PCI serial port driver and fix the yellow exclamation mark issue of the PCI device driver.
We hope with the help of the steps mentioned above you were able to update the PCI driver. However, if you are looking for the safest way try Advanced Driver Updater. The driver updating tool will help update drivers without any hassle.
If you have any questions or suggestions, do share them with us in the comments section.