Are you facing internet connectivity issues on your Windows XP or Windows 7 PC? The problem can be due to the Peripheral Component Interconnect Modem (PCI). To check go to Device Manager (Windows + X > Device Manager), you might probably see a PCI modem listed under the Other devices. If you see a yellow exclamation mark or a red cross, it means there is some problem with the PCI Modem driver. To fix the issue, here we explain the three best ways to update the PCI Modem driver on Windows 7 & XP.
What is a Peripheral Component Interconnect Modem?
Internal modems are also known as PCI modems. It is a modem that connects the motherboard through a peripheral component interconnect bus and is controlled by a device driver. When the device driver of PCI is outdated, missing, or corrupt you might face connection drops, slow internet connection, and other issues.
The best way to fix the PCI modem driver is to update the PCI modem driver. Here are the best ways to update the modem driver.
Must Read- How to Download and Update PCI Device Drivers for Windows 11,10
How to fix PCI Modem Drivers Problems?
Try these best fixes to update PCI Modem Driver
Method 1 – Update PCI Modem driver via Device Manager
1. Press Windows + X > Device Manager.
2. Go to Other devices > double click to expand the category. Right-click on your PCI Modem device > Update Driver.
3. Click Search automatically for drivers.
4. Wait for Windows to search for the update for your PCI Modem driver. Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the update.
5. Restart your computer to apply changes.
However, if, for some reason, you get the message the best driver is running, we suggest you check the manufacturer’s website for the driver update.
See This- How to Download & Update Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller Driver
Method 2- Download the latest PCI Modem driver from the manufacturer’s website
Apart from updating the driver from Device Manager, you can download the latest PCI Modem driver from the manufacturer’s website.
1. Visit the manufacturer website > go to the support or downloads section to do so.
2. Search for the device model number and download the latest driver.
3. Double click setup file > follow on-screen instructions and update the PCI Modem driver.
4. Restart PC to apply changes.
Method 3. Update PCI Modem driver via Advanced Driver Updater automatically (Recommended)
If you are not tech-savvy or you just don’t have time and patience to update your PCI Modem driver manually, use Advanced Driver Updater to update the driver automatically. Advanced Driver Updater automatically scans the device and looks for outdated drivers showing the latest and compatible updates. The driver updating tool for Windows, before updating drivers, takes a complete backup of old drivers and also allows scheduling scans. Moreover, you can use either the FREE or registered version to update drivers. While using the best driver updater, you don’t have to worry about installing incorrect drivers as the driver updates it shows are tested.
You can update your drivers one by one using the FREE version. However, using the registered version, you can update all outdated drivers in just 2 clicks. To use Advanced Driver Updater, follow these steps:
1. Download and install Advanced Driver Updater.
2. Run the best driver updating tool and click the Start Scan Now button to scan your computer and detect problematic drivers.
3. Review scan results. To update the driver using the registered version, click Update All. However, if you are using the FREE version, click Update driver next to the driver you wish to update and update all outdated drivers.
4. Restart your computer to apply changes.
Check This- How to Fix PCI Serial Port Driver Issues on Windows
That’s all; using these simple and best ways, you can update the PCI modem driver on Windows 7, Windows XP. You can choose any of the methods as per your choice and fix the PCI modem drivers issue. If you are short on time or don’t want to risk downloading and installing an incorrect driver, we suggest using Advanced Driver Updater. The tool will automatically scan for outdated drivers and will show compatible updates. Also, it takes a complete backup of drivers, and there is a 60-days money-back guarantee.
Leave your comments, suggestion, or feedback in the section below. For any product-related questions, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.