PCs are no longer the standard devices used for dedicated tasks. With time, they have made their way into every walk of life. Gone are the days when people with jobs were the only ones exposed to PCs. Today, everything is done using a PC, and optimization is the key player.
While the PCs back then came with a limited configuration and were optimized for a specific task. Today, you can customize the configuration and optimize the functionality to whatever extent. But why is PC optimization important? Why is there a need, and how can you do it?
These are some questions that we will try to answer today in this blog. So make sure you read it til the end. Without further ado, let us first understand the meaning of optimization and why it is necessary.
What is PC Optimization? Why is it Necessary?
PC optimization is subjective. When you have a few pre-decided tasks, there is a set configuration that can help finish them the best. With the help of optimizing the available resources, you can complete those tasks easily. For instance, if you want to use a PC for long hours without heating up, you will optimize the CPU power to take a manageable load.
Overall, PC optimization prepares a pool of resources to finish a task efficiently. Usually, PC optimization is done in two stages. The first is the core stage, when you assemble the resources, and the other is at the functional level, where you want to yield the best results from the available resources.
A PC optimized for gaming doesn’t need to work well with high-end editing or any other task. This optimization is done at the core level while deciding the PC’s configuration. You take an objective in mind of what you want to do with your PC and optimize the setup accordingly.
However, when you already have a setup ready for your PC, you want to fine-tune the resources to yield optimized performance. Try a dedicated optimizer tool, Advanced System Optimizer.
Why Optimize Your PC?
Optimization is like regular maintenance for your PC. Every piece of equipment or machine we use regularly tends to experience wear and tear. These machines require periodic servicing, maintenance, and upgrades to function correctly. The process of providing a device with what it wants and ensuring that it keeps running well is called optimization.
Everything works in sync when you use a PC, the processor, the storage, and GPU. This synchronization often wears out over time, and thus, you need to keep your PC optimized. Some of the core reasons why you should keep your PC optimized are –
- To keep its performance intact.
- To make the most of available resources such as memory and processor.
- To avoid the PC from encountering common errors such as blue screen errors or gradual freezing.
- To avoid issues like file corruption, malware attacks, registry errors, etc.
- Refresh the memory on your PC by removing unused audio and video files. This also helps in recovering unnecessarily used space.
Other than these, the sheer fact that not everyone can afford to upgrade to new hardware every year makes it more sensible to optimize the performance of existing PCs. Optimizing your PC helps you easily maintain the resources and perform even complex operations.
How to Optimize Your PC?
You should optimize it for good if you have a functional PC but do not yield the best performance. Optimizing a PC is easy if you know the appropriate way. To optimize your PC, you first need to understand the areas where your PC is lagging.
Answer the following questions to initiate your PC optimization –
- Is your PC crashing again and again?
- Are you experiencing slow processing and lags?
- Is your PC running out of storage space?
- Is your PC always low on memory?
- Have you received errors in running new programs on your PC?
If your answer to most of these questions is yes, then your PC needs to be optimized. Now, how to optimize your PC? Well, there are two ways to optimize your PC. The first one is the manual one, while the other is an automated way that uses a third-party application. Let’s begin with the manual way and see what the things you have to do to optimize your PC –
Optimizing your PC: The Manual Way –
1. Take care of startup applications.
If your PC is booting up slowly or taking longer than usual to start, you may have a lot of startup applications. To speed up your Windows startup, you must manage these applications using your task manager. Follow the given instructions to do the needful –
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc on your Keyboard to bring up the task manager.
- From the left panel menu, click on startup applications
- Choose the unnecessary applications from the list and disable them, as shown in the image below.
- Do this for all the applications, and you will find an optimized startup time for your PC.
2. Run disk defragmentation if you are low on disk space and have poor read and write speed.
Over time, your hard drives tend to create fragments of data. That reduces your hard drive’s data handling capacity, resulting in slower speeds and lower space availability. The best thing you can do is run the disk defragmenter you get inbuilt with Windows. Several of you might be wondering how to disk defrag Windows. Well, here’s how to do it-
- Open Windows Explorer and select the drive you want to defrag.
- Right-click on it and go to properties. In properties, click on Tools.
- There, you will find the Optimize option. Click on it and follow the instructions on the screen.
As you can see, there is an added feature of error checking, so you can also use that if you have never scanned your hard drive for errors.
Practices like these, when done manually, can help you keep your PC optimized. Now that you know the manual way let us learn about Advanced System Optimizer, the automatic way of optimizing your PC to its best potential.
Optimizing Your PC: The Automated Way
With the help of a third-party application, you can get all your optimization done in just a few clicks. Advanced System Optimizer is a verified tool that takes care of all the aspects of your PC, from registry files to startup applications, and ensures that it is optimized and works smoothly. To give you a few insights, here’s how the tool works –
- Run the application on your PC. Download and install it using the button below.
- You can find the Smart PC Care scan option before opening the application. Click on it to start the process.
- The scan searches multiple areas of your PC for errors making it a thorough check.
- Once the Scan is done, you can click on optimize to resolve all the issues.
- Remember that your PC will be rebooted in the process, so ensure that you have closed all the other processes and saved your progress.
Once you click on Yes, the process begins, and you are good to go!
The optimization is completed quickly; the best part is that you do not have to manually make changes to the PC. Moreover, the tool can perform all the tasks for you as it has options to manually perform tasks like disk optimization, registry optimization, security and privacy checks for your PC, etc., providing you with inside-out optimization solutions.
With that, we have reached the end of this post. I hope you have a much-needed answer to why you should optimize your PC and how it matters. If you thought that optimizing your PC is a tough nut to crack, now you know that it is not and can be done smoothly with the help of Advanced System Optimizer. Download the application today and finish the task.
Don’t forget to leave a line on which method seems the best for you to optimize your PC. good luck!