If you want to find and remove duplicate screenshots and image files from your PC, this post explains how.
Duplicates are a common reason for cluttering internal, external /removable hard drives and cloud storage. Also, they slow down PC performance & create a mess. Furthermore, the backup size increases due to them, and managing data becomes tricky. This makes identifying and removing them essential. However, finding duplicates manually from a massive collection of images can be annoying. Therefore, if you looking for a user-friendly and easy way to identify and delete duplicate files, we suggest using Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro, one of the best duplicate image finder tools.
This tool can identify exact and similar-looking image files and screenshots. Also, it helps clean duplicate photos from Google Drive, Dropbox, and external drives.
However, before we jump on to how to use Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro, let’s try manual ways of removing duplicate files, managing the gallery, and freeing up valuable disk space.
How To Find Duplicate Files in Windows 10/11 without Software?
Windows 11 or 10 users using Windows advanced features can manually find duplicate files. Below we explain some of the ways that you can try to find duplicate files.
Part 1 – Manually Finding Duplicate Photos / Screenshots
Solution 1: Searching Duplicates Using File Explorer
File Explorer offers different viewing modes to view data: Extra large, large, medium, small, List, Details, Tiles, & Content view.
There are also different Panes to view data – Navigation Pane, Preview pane, and Details pane. Using these advanced features, you can effortlessly find duplicates.
To use File Explorer to find duplicates, follow these steps:
- Press Windows + E and open File Explorer.
- Next, click the View tab > change the viewing mode to Extra large icons and Pane to Details pane.
- Select the file to preview and get details. On the right side, you will see its preview.
- Like this, keep viewing the files and select them one by one.
- Press the Delete button to remove selected duplicates.
Using File Explorer, you can view files > select them and get rid of them. This method will be time-consuming and frustrating if you have a vast library.
Solution 2: Detecting Duplicates Using Details Pane
To identify duplicates quickly, you can sort the files using the parameters – Name, Date Modified, Type, and Size details. But this again requires patience.
- Press Windows + E to open File Explorer.
- Click Details pane > and sort the files using either of the parameters.
Solution 3: Using Search Feature
The search feature in Windows Explorer is useful when you have information about the file. With its help, you can find the file with a name or by extension.
To use it, follow these steps:
- Press Windows + E and launch File Explorer.
- Enter the file name in the Search field .
In addition, click the Search tab and use different search features like Kind, Size, Date Modified, Advanced Searches, Other properties, etc.
This is how you can find duplicate screenshots and images saved on a PC. Try Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro. This third-party tool will detect & remove selected duplicates. To learn how to use it, read further.
Part 2: Finding Duplicate Pictures / Screenshots Using Software
Keeping Windows PC clutter and junk-free is a must for fast performance. Fortunately, duplicates can be identified and deleted quickly using Duplicate Photos Fixer. The software even helps find and remove duplicates saved as flipped and rotated. Also, you can customize the scan.
Solution 1: Finding and Deleting Duplicate Screenshots using Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro
Systweak’s Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro is the best duplicate image finder compatible with Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android. To detect accurate duplicates, it uses an intelligent algorithm and identifies duplicates based on content, not name.
Benefits of using Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro
- Scan copies of exact and similar duplicates.
- Free up valuable space.
- Different scanning modes for better performance.
- Customizable settings.
- Auto-Mark Duplicates.
- Scan internal and external drives.
- Scan Google Drive and Dropbox for duplicates.
- Duplicate free and sorted image gallery.
- Grouped results for easy viewing.
- Preview scan results before deleting duplicates.
- Scan flipped and rotated images for image copies.
How Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro Works & Find Duplicates?
- Download and install Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro.
- Launch the best duplicate finder.
- To scan the PC, select Scan Computer > add the Photos or folder to scan. However, to scan Google Drive or Dropbox, click the down arrow next to Scan Computer and select the respective option.
- Once the folder and photos are added, select scan mode – Exact Match or Similar Match (Recommended). Set the Matching level and click the Scan for Duplicates to proceed.
- Preview scan results and select duplicate screenshots you want to clean. The scan results will be grouped for easy viewing. If you have thousands of duplicates to select, the Auto-Mark feature will automatically mark duplicates leaving one in each group unmarked. This will save time, and you can quickly delete duplicates.
Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro is the most satisfactory solution for finding and deleting duplicate photos in Windows 10/11 across hard drives. It offers a free version, and the paid version comes with a money-back guarantee of 60 days. The tool comes in handy to find and remove duplicate screenshots or images. Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro accurately detects duplicates, saves time, and deletes them to recover valuable storage space.
We hope you will try it to delete duplicates, manage data and free up space. Please share your experience with the tool in the comments section. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
Next Read :