Almost every PC and laptop owner knows the importance of keeping Windows, installed applications, security software, and device driver updates. However, only a few users know why driver needs to be updated and how to update them. This post answers these basic questions and helps fix display and monitor issues faced by Lenovo users.
What is a driver & why do you need to keep them updated?
A driver is a software that transmits instructions between a PC’s operating system and connected external or internal devices. When this software (device driver) is outdated, missing, or corrupt, the PC fails to communicate the instructions received from the devices, making them useless. Therefore, for the proper functioning of a device, drivers need to be updated. A straightforward method to update drivers is to install Windows update > optional update. However, sometimes Windows fail to provide the latest updates. For this reason, a third-party driver updater or visiting the manufacturer’s website is recommended.
Below we explain different ways to update drivers. You can pick the method that you find convenient and update drives. Doing so will help fix the Lenovo display driver issue on Windows 11, 10, and lower versions.
Before we discuss the steps, let’s understand why we face driver-related issues on Lenovo PC.
Reasons For Driver Issues On Lenovo Laptop
- You reformatted the laptop but did not reinstall all the drivers.
- Mistakenly deleted driver file.
- Installed drivers are either outdated or corrupt.
How To Troubleshoot Monitor or Display Issues In Lenovo
Issues with the Lenovo display driver can be in three simple ways. Below we will explain them one by one.
Manually Update Display Driver
Method 1: Update Display Driver Manually from Manufacturer’s Website
If you have computer skills, time, and patience, you can update the monitor driver, from the Lenovo Support website. To download the driver installation file and manually install the driver update follow these steps:
- Visit the Lenovo PC Support website.
- In the Search PC support field, enter the model number of the monitor you are using and select the correct one from the list.
- Click the Downloads link > Manual Update > Drivers & Software > select Software and Utilities.
- Look for the correct driver for the version of the operating system you are running and click the down arrow under See Files.
- To download the driver file, click the download
- Let the installation file download. To install the update, double-click on the downloaded setup file to install the update and follow the on-screen instructions to install the update.
Restart the PC to apply changes; now try to use the Lenovo laptop. The display/monitor issues should now be fixed.
Method 2: Update Display Driver Updater Via Device Manager
- Right-click the Windows Start menu > select Device Manager.
- Double click Display adapters > right-click the driver you want to update > select Update driver.
- Select Search automatically for drivers, let Windows look for driver updates, and install the best available driver on your device.
- To apply changes, restart the PC and then check the display issue should be fixed.
Update Lenovo Monitor Driver Automatically (Recommended)
If you don’t want to update the driver on your own, or you don’t want to risk updating an incorrect driver due to a lack of knowledge, you can do it automatically with Advanced Driver Updater.
Advanced Driver Updater will auto-detect your system details and outdated drivers running on it. The program will then show compatible driver updates downloaded and installed with a button. You don’t need to provide any information to get the correct driver update. The driver updating tool will handle it all on its own.
You can use the FREE or the registered version to update the driver. The only difference is trial version allows for updating individual drivers, which is a bit time-consuming. While the registered version allows updating all in a go. To use Advanced Driver Updater, follow these steps:
- Download and install Advanced Driver Updater.
- Run the tool and click Start Scan Now to instruct the software to look for outdated drivers and show compatible updates.
- To automatically download and install updates for all outdated drivers, click Update All. However, if you are using the trial version, use the Update driver link next to each driver updated.
- Restart the PC to save changes. This should fix monitor or display issues you face with the Lenovo laptop or PC.
Note : Registered version of Advanced Driver Updater comes with a 60-day money-back guarantee and technical support. For assistance, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is how you can update drivers manually and automatically and fix the monitor driver issue on a Lenovo laptop or PC. We hope you found the information helpful. Please share your feedback with us in the comment section.
Most Related :