Do you know a simple HP webcam driver download and update can fix the webcam issues? Read along and learn how to download the HP webcam driver Windows.
Is the HP webcam giving issues? Is it unavailable or not working? We understand this behavior of the HP webcam can be frustrating. But trust me, you are not the only one facing this problem. I, too, faced a similar problem, and instead of getting infuriated, I used the best driver updater to update outdated drivers.
This not only helped fix the HP webcam driver issue, but I was able to optimize systems performance also. Not only this but to whoever I suggested the solution to, it worked. Hence, I thought of sharing the same via this blog post.
Here we will discuss the easiest and most effective way to download HP webcam software Windows.
Also Read: Fix Lenovo Webcam Driver
Why should you update HP Webcam drivers?
The HP camera driver for Windows PC needs to be updated for uninterrupted communication between the webcam and your PC. When the driver is outdated, the device stops running and gives several issues.
Best Ways to Download and Update HP Webcam Drivers
Below we enlist the 2 most effective and simplest ways to get the HP webcam driver downloaded on your Windows 10,8 and 7.
Method 1 – Download and install HP Webcam software Windows
If you don’t like using a driver updater to update drivers, we suggest visiting the official website. But before you jump onto the bandwagon, remember manually updating drivers involves risk. Also, you need time, patience, and technical knowledge to update outdated drivers. Below are the steps to update the HP webcam driver on your PC.
1. Visit the official HP website.
2. Click the Support section and select Software & drivers from the drop-down.
3. Next, select the type of device you are using a webcam on. We are updating on the laptop, so we select Laptop.
4. Click Let Hp detect your product
5. Wait for the operation to complete and show the Windows version
6. Download the right driver based on Windows operating system, bit, and device model number
7. Double-click the setup file to install the driver and wait for the process to finish
8. When done, restart the system to apply changes.
This should help update the HP webcam driver. Now try to use the webcam you should not face any problem.
However, if this seems like a lot of work or you don’t want to take a risky move, jump to the next step. Below we will discuss an amazing best driver updating tool.
Method 2 – Updating HP Webcam driver using Advanced Driver Updater
Systweak’s driver updating tool automatically detects system configuration and shows the most compatible driver updates. Also, it allows scheduling driver updates. Moreover, before updating any driver, the tool creates a backup for safety. This gives assurance that in case anything goes wrong, you have a way to restore the system.
Moreover, the tool comes with a 60-day money-back guarantee, and free and paid versions are available.
To use the tool, follow the step-by-step guide.
1. Download and install Advanced Driver Updater
2. Run the tool to scan the system for outdated drivers and update the HP webcam driver
3. Wait for the scanning to finish
4. Once done, review scan results and update the driver. Click the Update driver if using the trial version. However, if you are a paid user, you can update all outdated drivers at once by clicking Update All.
5. Restart the system to apply changes
6. Now, try and use the webcam; you should not face any problems.
Want more? Looking for something extra? If that is the case, here’s an add-on method for HP webcam drivers to download.
HP Webcam Driver Update Via Device Manager
Though this one again is manual yet is less risky. To use this, you need to open Device Manager. To learn how to do that all, follow the steps below:
1. Press Windows + X > Device Manager
2. Navigate to Camera, double click to expand it.
3. Right-click the HP camera > Update driver
4. Click Search automatically for updated driver software
5. Wait for the process to finish. It will be downloaded and installed in the background if an update is available.
6. Restart the system and check if the problem is fixed or not.
If not, first try updating Windows and restart the system.
To update Windows Press Windows + I > Update & Security > Check for updates > wait for the action to perform > update Windows if any update is available and restart it.
If this doesn’t work, uninstall the driver and reboot the system; Windows will automatically install the driver, which should help fix the problem.
FAQ-Update HP Webcam Drivers on Windows
Fix – HP Webcam Not working
You can easily fix HP Webcam issues using either of the steps explained above. If you are looking for our suggestion, we recommend using Advanced Driver Updater. It is a hassle-free way to update drivers and takes all the necessary measures.
Also, if you want to know the best HP Webcam, you can use HP w300 Webcam or HP 5210 HD Webcam. We hope our post serves you, and you can update outdated, corrupt, and missing drivers. Do share your feedback with us in the comments section.
For product-related queries, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org