With every meeting, every conversation, and every chitchat turning into an online activity, applications like Zoom have undoubtedly taken over our everyday lives. However, the no-sound problem in Zoom is a common one that many people have come across. This blog will discuss ways to fix the no audio issue.
What is no sound issue on Zoom?
As the name suggests, the user cannot receive any sound output from the application. Most of the time, users believe it is a temporary error and ignore it. However, it gets irritating when the sound issue occurs in the middle of a meeting.
Well, you no longer have to go through it! You can fix the Zoom no sound problem on your PC. We will discuss a few ways to help fix the error.
If you have faced the issue or are facing one right now, check out the solutions below!
Ways to Fix Zoom No Sound Problem on PC
Before you start with the ways to fix the sound error, quickly check your internet connection. Several times the sound issue is based on poor internet. Thus, if you are also experiencing the same, disconnecting and reconnecting to the internet should fix the issue for you.
If the issue persists after you have checked your internet, go ahead and try out the following ways –
Method 1 – Check PC Sound Configuration
When you use multiple input and output devices for sound on your PC the configuration often needs to be fixed. So, if you are a user who keeps switching between microphones, speakers, headphones, etc., on your PC, there’s no harm in quickly checking the sound configuration of your PC. It is easy to do so. All you have to do is –
- Press Ctrl + R to bring up the Run search box.
- Type Control in the search box to open the control panel.
- In the Control Panel, click on Sound. (if you cannot find the button, change the view to small icons.
- In the Sound, select the audio device you are using. Check whether it is set as default or not. If not, click on set default.
- Now, click the Properties of the selected device, and under Advanced, uncheck all the enhancements you can find.
- Save the changes.
Once you have saved the changes, make sure you have put the volume to the audible setting and try again. This should fix the sound issue. In case your PC is using Realtek audio settings, you may need a few other ways to fix Realtek audio issues on your PC.
Method 2 – Check Zoom Audio Devices
When using multiple headphones on a PC, checking whether your Zoom is configured to read these dynamic changes is important. Moreover, you should check which device Zoom is using as your default device to share audio. To check, follow these steps –
- Open your Zoom Desktop Client.
- In Zoom, you can find a Gear icon for settings. Open it.
- In the opened menu, click on Audio.
- In Audio, you have multiple options to check the audio device.
- On the left side of the Window, you will see of the device you are using.
- Check if the device you are using is selected as audio on other applications as well.
If everything is fine there and you are still facing the problem, move on to the next technique. You can also learn more about rectifying your Zoom Client’s audio issues from their official website.
Method 3 – Check Your Sound Card Drivers and Updates
People often search for how to update audio drivers. The sound card and audio drivers are the most crucial elements that fetch audio on your PC. For it to function correctly, it requires compatible drivers that are up to date. The sound card functions just like any other driver-based component in a PC. Thus, if the audio drivers are not working well, you may miss out on all the functionalities, and an error may occur.
The Audio not available or no sound in Zoom errors are typical examples of problems you may face if you have an outdated or malfunctioned driver for your sound card. Ideally, these updates take place with your Windows upgrade, so you should first check whether there is a pending update from Windows.
Once you are done, and there is no discrepancy there, you should try to find the best possible version of the drivers and install it on your PC, but how do you realize that you even need drivers?
The manual way is to open driver information from the device manager and then match the driver version in use to the currently available. Here’s how that works –
- Press Ctrl+X to open the quick-access menu. Open the Device Manager from the same.
- In the Device Manager, open Audio Input and output to find your device. Double-click on it and then click on the driver from the top panel to find the driver version.
- Use this information and compare it to the driver files currently available on the website of your sound card provider.
But it is just too time-consuming and needs to be more concrete. As if the versions are the same, all these efforts are worthless. Thus, the only way that makes sense is to use a dedicated tool like Advanced Driver Updater. It is easy to use, finds out whether the driver is outdated, and installs the update immediately. All in just a few clicks.
Here’s how the tool works –
- Install the application from the setup file available in the button below.
- Start scanning the PC for outdated drivers using the Start Scan Now option.
- After the scan, you have your results. All outdated drivers will be listed with their information.
- Click on Update All to fix them all at once.
Wait for the process to finish, and you are done! You no longer have to worry about the drivers causing an error as the tool takes care of all the drivers. You can also schedule regular scans so no drivers malfunction on you ever again.
With the help of these 3 easy fixes, you can get yourself a perfect solution to your no-sound issue in Zoom. The issue is undoubtedly fixable, and only a few diligent steps from your end can help you fix it.
If you are still determining what would work best for you, check your internet connection first and then go for drivers. Mostly, outdated audio drivers are the root cause of such problems, and you should check whether you are also facing the issue due to drivers.
The easiest way is to download the Advanced Driver Updater and run a quick scan on your PC. If you are in a hurry and need help to apply all three solutions, this one is what you should go for. Hope this information helps you with your error. Let me know in the comments what worked for you. Good luck!