Camera not working on Zoom. Walkthrough this guide & learn how to fix videos not working on Zoom.
When everyone is adhering to social distancing protocol, Zoom has become the medium to stay connected. Using this best video conferencing app, you can conduct meetings, see one another, take classes, webinars, and more.
But when the Zoom camera stops working, things come to a standstill. Luckily, there are ways to fix Zoom, unable to detect a camera and this troubleshooting guide will help learn about these ways.
6 Best Ways to fix video not working on Zoom
1. Restart PC
When facing any issue with app functionality, the first step you should do is restart the system. Doing so refreshes the system and helps fix minor software conflicts. Therefore, when facing the Zoom camera not working issue reboot the system. Once this is done, and the system restarts, try launching Zoom to see if the camera is detected or not.
If this doesn’t solve the problem, try other fixes explained below.
2. Exit and kill apps with access to the camera
If other apps like Discord and Skype use the camera, Zoom faces problems in accessing the camera. Therefore, to fix Zoom video not working close other applications that might be using the camera. The simplest way to kill applications is to use Task Manager.
Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc > Processes tab select the apps that might be using the camera and click End task. You will have to choose each application individually. Once that is done, try using Zoom with a camera and see if it works.
If not, move to the next step.
3. Force Quit Zoom and Re-launch
When Zoom is not properly closed, then you might face Zoom being unable to detect a camera. To fix this issue, we suggest force quit Zoom. Here’s how to do that:
1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc
2. This will open the Task Manager.
3. Here, under the Processes tab look for Zoom
4. Select it > End task.
5. Wait for a second to process the command.
6. Restart the system and then try using the Zoom app again.
This should help fix the problem you are facing.
4. Allow Zoom to access the camera
To access the camera Zoom requires relevant permission. Denying such permission leads to video not working on Zoom. Here’s how to allow Zoom to access the camera:
1. Press Windows + I to open Settings
2. Click Privacy option
3. Scroll down to App permissions > Camera
4. Click the Change button under Camera access for this device is on. Toggle it from left to right to enable the Camera.
5. Next, toggle the switch under Allow apps to access your camera from left to right & grant camera permission.
6. Afterward, restart the system > and check if the video not working on Zoom is fixed or not.
5. Update camera driver
If none of the above steps have helped, the possibility of you running an outdated, corrupt, or missing driver is there. In such cases updating the graphics drivers will come to our rescue. But the question of how to update outdated drivers remains.
There are two ways to do that:
Manually – For this method, you need some technical skills, time, information about the operating system, and device details. Also, it involves risk.
Automatically (Recommended) – This is the simplest and easiest option. In a couple of clicks along with updating the graphics driver, you can update other outdated drivers. Also, you don’t need to provide any system or device information. The tool will automatically detect all required information.
Option 1 – Download and install the driver manually
Graphics drivers can be manually downloaded from the manufacturer’s website or Device Manager. When downloading from the manufacturer’s website make sure the correct operating system and device model number are selected. However, when using Device Manager, you simply have to select the drive name > right-click > Update driver.
Once the driver is downloaded and installed, reboot the system to apply changes.
Option 2 – Installing graphics driver automatically (recommended)
If you don’t like searching for driver updates, you can update drivers automatically using Advanced Driver Updater.
This best driver updating application analyses the system for outdated drivers and displays the scan results, allowing you to update drivers. It also includes a money-back guarantee of 60 days, takes a backup of previous drivers, and provides an exclusion list to exclude incompatible drivers.
Follow the steps below to use Advanced Driver Updater:
1. Get Advanced Driver Updater and install it.
2. Run the best driver updater
3. Click Start Scan Now to scan the system for outdated driver
4. Check the scan findings and update the driver. If you are using the trial version, you can update only one driver at a time by using Driver update. However, registered version users can update drivers by selecting Update All.
5. Once this is done, restart the system & check if Zoom is unable to detect a camera will be fixed.
6. Reinstall Zoom client
If nothing has worked so far, try reinstalling Zoom. This will certainly help fix the Zoom camera not working.
To reinstall, follow the steps below:
1. Press Windows + R to open the Run window.
2. Enter appwiz.cpl > Ok
3. Look for Zoom
4. Right-click > Uninstall
5. Wait for the process to finish
6. Restart the system
7. Download Zoom from the official website
8. Follow on-screen instructions to install it.
9. Log in and check Zoom video not working Windows 10 should now be fixed.
Fix – Zoom Camera not working.
You can likely repair the video not working on Zoom by following any of the techniques outlined above. Also, keep in mind that outdated drivers cause several issues. As a result, keeping them up to date is always suggested. You may use Advanced Driver Updater, the best driver upgrading application for Windows, to make the process easier.
We hope you will give it a go, and please share your thoughts in the comments section. Furthermore, for any product-related help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.