Is the Zoom camera not working on Windows 11? Here are different ways to fix issues with the Zoom camera.
Zoom has become the medium to stay connected when everyone adheres to social distancing protocol. You can conduct meetings, see one another, take classes, webinars, and more using this best video conferencing app.
But when the Zoom camera stops working, things come to a standstill. Luckily, there are ways to fix Zoom, unable to detect a camera, and this troubleshooting guide will help you learn about these ways.
Why is my camera showing a black screen on Zoom?
There can be several reasons causing the Zoom camera not to work. Some of the common ones are listed below:
- Zoom freezes due to app-related issues.
- Due to outdated drivers, issue like Zoom video glitches,
Zoom video freezes but audio continues, Zoom video not working black screen, and other errors are encountered.
11 Best Ways to fix video not working on Zoom
1. Restart the PC
When facing any issue with app functionality, the first step you should do is restart the system. Doing so refreshes the system and helps fix minor software conflicts. Therefore, when facing the Zoom camera not working issue, reboot the system. Once this is done and the system restarts, try launching Zoom to see if the camera is detected.
If this doesn’t solve the problem, try other fixes explained below.
2. Exit and kill apps with access to the camera
If other apps like Discord and Skype use the camera, Zoom faces problems in accessing the camera. Therefore, to fix Zoom Camera Not Working During Video Meetings, close other applications that might be using the camera. The simplest way to kill applications is to use Task Manager.
Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc > Processes tab, select the apps that might be using the camera and click End task. You will have to choose each application individually. Once that is done, try using Zoom with a camera and see if it works.
If not, move to the next step.
3. Force Quit Zoom and Re-launch it to fix the Zoom camera won’t turn on
When Zoom is not properly closed, Zoom might be unable to detect a camera, or you might Zoom video might keep freezing. To fix this issue, we suggest you force quit Zoom. Here’s how to do that:
1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc
2. This will open the Task Manager.
3. Here, under the Processes tab, look for Zoom
4. Select it > End task.5. Wait for a second to process the command.
6. Restart the system and then try using the Zoom app again.
This should help fix the problem you are facing.
4. Allow Zoom to Access the Camera and Fix Zoom Freezes Every Few Minutes
To access the camera, Zoom requires relevant permission. Denying such permission leads to Zoom videos not working on laptops and other video-related glitches. Here’s how to allow Zoom to access the camera:
1. Press Windows + I to open Settings
2. Click the Privacy option
3. Scroll down to App permissions > Camera
4. Click the Change button under Camera access for this device is on. Toggle it from left to right to enable the Camera.5. Next, toggle the switch under Allow apps to access your camera from left to right & grant camera permission.6. Afterward, restart the system > and check if the video not working on Zoom is fixed or not.
5. Reset the Camera App
1. Press Windows + S and type Camera in the search box.
2. Select the best search result and App settings from the right pane.3. In Settings, scroll down to find Reset. Click on it and confirm the action by again clicking Reset.4. Exit the Settings window. Launch Zoom. The application should now detect the camera.
6. Update the camera driver
If none of the above steps have helped, updating the graphics drivers will help.
There are two ways to update the driver and fix the Zoom video keeps freezing and other related issues.
Manually – This method requires technical skills, time, information about the operating system, and device details. Also, it involves risk.
Automatically (Recommended) – This is the simplest and easiest option. You can update other outdated drivers in a couple of clicks, along with updating the graphics driver. Also, you don’t need to provide any system or device information. The tool will automatically detect all required information.
Option 1 – Download and install the driver manually
Graphics drivers can be manually downloaded from the manufacturer’s website or Device Manager. Select the correct operating system and device model number when downloading from the manufacturer’s website.
However, when using Device Manager, you just need to select the driver’s name > right-click on it, select Update driver > choose the first option from the window that opens > and follow on-screen instructions to update the driver.
Once the driver is downloaded and installed, reboot the system to apply changes.
Option 2 – Installing graphics driver automatically (recommended)
If you don’t like searching for driver updates, you can update drivers automatically using Advanced Driver Updater.
This best driver updating application analyses the system for outdated drivers and displays the scan results, allowing you to update drivers. It also includes a money-back guarantee of 60 days, takes a backup of previous drivers, and provides an exclusion list to exclude incompatible drivers.
Follow the steps below to use Advanced Driver Updater:
1. Get Advanced Driver Updater and install it.
2. Run the best driver updater
3. Click Start Scan Now to scan the system for outdated driver4. Check the scan findings and update the driver. If you use the trial version, you can update only one driver at a time using Driver update. However, registered version users can update drivers by selecting Update All.5. Once this is done, restart the system & check if Zoom is unable to detect a camera will be fixed.
7. Check If Zoom is Using the Right Camera
Sometimes when the application selects the incorrect camera, you face Zoom video not working on your laptop. To fix this, follow the steps:
1. Launch the Zoom app.
2. Click New Meeting. This will start a new meeting.
3. Click Stop Video from the bottom right corner to check if the app uses the right camera. If you are using a laptop Integrated webcam will be shown as selected with a tick mark against it.4. Click End to terminate the session and re-launch Zoom
Now try to initiate another meeting and check the camera should be working.
8. Use Built-in Zoom Troubleshooter
When external fixes fail to work, the built-in troubleshooter is another way to fix Zoom camera and video issues. To use it, follow these steps:
1. Launch the Zoom application.
2. Click Settings from the right side of the app.3. Click the Video option present in the left pane.
4. On the bottom right, you will see the Troubleshooting option. Click on it and wait for it to process the command.
5. While doing so, ensure the webcam option is enabled in the PC settings.
6. Relaunch the Zoom app and initiate a test meeting to check if the video freezing issue is fixed.
9. Re-configure Video Settings in Zoom
If the video settings in Zoom are corrupt, you may face issues with the camera. To fix it, follow these steps:
1. Launch the Zoom app.
2. Click the gear icon to access Zoom settings.3. Click the Video option on the left pane.4. Click Advanced and check the boxes next to the following options –
- Optimize video quality with de-noise
- Video processing
- Sending video
- Receiving video.
Likewise, set the Video Rendering method settings to Auto.5. Close the settings windows and re-run Zoom. The camera should no longer be an issue.
10. Check Browser Settings.
Check the browser settings if you are using Zoom on Chrome and facing Zoom video glitches.
1. Launch Google Chrome.
2. In the address bar, copy and paste the following – chrome://settings/privacy
3. Go to Site Settings.4. Click Zoom website Url.5. Under Permissions, look for Camera and click the down arrow to select Allow.6. Refresh or re-launch Chrome and then try to use Zoom. You should no longer face video issues.
11. Reinstall Zoom client
If nothing has worked so far, try reinstalling Zoom. This will certainly help fix the Zoom camera not working.
To reinstall, follow the steps below:
1. Press Windows + R to open the Run window.
2. Enter appwiz.cpl > Ok3. Look for Zoom
4. Right-click > Uninstall5. Wait for the process to finish
6. Restart the system
7. Download Zoom from the official website
8. Follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
9. Log in and check Zoom video is not working. Windows 10 should now be fixed.
Fix – Zoom Camera not working.
You can likely repair the video not working on Zoom by following the abovementioned techniques. Also, keep in mind that outdated drivers cause several issues. As a result, keeping them up to date is always suggested. You may use Advanced Driver Updater, the best application to update Windows drivers and simplify the process.
We hope you will give it a go, and please share your thoughts in the comments section. Furthermore, for any product-related help, please email email@example.com.
Next Read: Solved – Zoom No Sound Problem on PC