Saints Row might be at the top of your list if you are a fan of adventure and action games. For some gamers, it is the action game they prefer playing on their PC. While the game has tremendous feedback, great visual effects, and impeccable in-game experience, there have been several cases related to Saints Row not launching on Windows PC.
Saints Row is a visual treat for those who are into action and adventure games. This also means it is a heavy game that requires a lot of resources like free memory, space on internal storage, and a substantial amount of dedicated GPU. However, the fourth edition of the game often won’t start on Windows PCs, and in this blog, we will try to give you a perfect fix to resolve the issue.
In this article, you will learn about the potential issues that might be causing Saints Row not to launch on your Windows computer and how they can be resolved. Without further ado, let’s jump straight into it!
Best Ways to Fix Saints Row Not Launching on Windows 11, 10
Before we get to the ways, let us first understand the issue that may cause the error.
It is irritating when you want to play an action-packed adventure game, but Saints Row won’t start on your PC. There can be multiple factors behind the issue. Some of the most common issues that might be causing the error can be –
- Not Meeting the Minimum Specifications Requirements of the Game.
- Outdated GPU & Other System Drivers
- Antivirus/Firewall Conflict
- Running Behind on Latest Windows Updates
- Multiple Heavy Applications Running in Background
Other than these, things like not giving proper permissions to the application, allowing background refresh for applications, etc., can cause the Saints row to crash or not allow it to launch in the first place.
If you are facing any of these errors, do not worry, as we have the fix for each issue. Here are the ways you can fix Saints Row 4 not launching on Windows 11 or 10.
Fix 1 – Take Care of The Minimum System Requirements for the Game
You are not a gamer if you ignore the resources required to launch your game. Saints Row is a resource-hungry game and requires proper memory and GPU to run smoothly. If you are unaware of the minimum system requirements, check them down below –
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
- Memory: 8192 MB RAM
- Processor: Intel Core i3-3240 / Ryzen 3 1200
- Storage: 50 GB Free Space
- Graphics: GeForce GTX 970 / AMD Radeon RX 480
- RAM: 4 GB
- Direct X: DX11 or Above
If you have all the required boxes checked on your PC, you can only expect the game to run smoothly. A lot of users are often unaware of these specifications. Just to confirm that Your PC can run Saints Row, follow the given instructions –
- Open Windows Start Menu
- Go to Settings
- Scroll Down to find the About section
- In the About section, you can find out what version of OS you are running, how much memory you have, and what processor you are using.
If the information does not meet the game’s requirements, Saints Row 4 not launching on Windows might be the ultimate result. You can upgrade your PC wherever you lack to run the PC well.
Fix 2 – Install the Latest GPU Drivers for Your PC
GPU performance plays a crucial role in running a game on your PC. If you are experiencing glitches or errors like Saints row freezing on Windows 10, you probably have a faulty GPU driver causing the issue.
The problem can be easily fixed by using a simple tool, Advanced Driver Updater. It is a free-to-download tool that helps you scan your PC for missing/outdated drivers so that you can install/update them all in a single go.
Here’s how the Advanced Driver Updater works –
- Download and Install Advanced Driver Updater on Your PC
- Scan Your PC Using Advanced Driver Updater to find if there is any update available for your GPU Drivers.
- The software will instantly scan your PC for all the drivers. Let it complete the process.
- Once the scan is complete, you can find the number of missing or outdated drivers on your computer.
- Click on the Update driver and let the software work.
The driver scanner will automatically install and restart your PC. You can try re-launching Saints Row once the computer has properly installed the updates and rebooted properly. This will surely fix the error, as most of the time, the carelessness shown in taking care of driver updates causes Saints Row freezing on Windows 10 and 11.
You can use Advanced Driver Updater to eliminate all the errors with just a few clicks.
Fix 3 – Turn Off the Firewall of Your Antivirus
If Saints Row is not launching on Windows, the chances are that the third-party antivirus you might have installed is stopping it. Games application files are developed by third-party developers. Antivirus programs are programmed to stop you from inducing any unreliable threat which might come from an application installed from an unknown source.
To disable your firewall, simply –
- Open Start Menu & Type Windows Security, and hit
- Click on Virus & threat protection.
- From this menu, navigate to Manage Settings under Virus & threat protection settings.
- You will find the option to turn off Real-time protection. Toggle it off & you are good to go.
This way, you can launch the Saint Rows on your PC instantly. If the antivirus was causing an issue, this should fix the error.
Fix 4 – Check for Latest Updates
There are times when the error is because of the operating system. In such cases, the operating system developers roll out the update for all the users. If Saints Row is not launching on Windows, ensure no updates are missing from your PC, as that might solve the error instantly.
You can check the updates by searching Windows Update Settings in the start menu. It will automatically take you to the respective options.
You can click on Check for updates, and you are good to go. Download and install the updates, reboot your PC and try relaunching the game.
Fix 5 – Manage Your Tasks Before Launching Saints Row
If you are an avid gamer, Saints Row might not be the only game you are playing on your PC. Make sure that you shut down all the other heavy applications before you launch the game if you are running a PC with minimum required specifications.
You must manage your PC’s overall task-handling capacity with limited RAM and GPU availability. To ensure that no heavy applications are running in the background, follow the given instructions –
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open the task manager instantly. You can also right-click on the taskbar and open Task manager.
- In the Task manager, sort the running tasks based on the memory they are taking. Click on the memory tab to sort the tasks.
- Once you have found the heavy running tasks, select them by clicking on them and then close the application by clicking on End Task.
Do this for all the heavy applications, and your PC will have enough resources to launch and run Saints Row. It is also a good practice if you work on a PC with multiple heavy applications running, as it will always give you extra RAM to work with.
Saints Row not loading on your PC error can be quickly resolved by implementing these techniques. These are trusted ways to ensure that a heavy application runs smoothly on your PC.
With that, we come to the end of this post. I hope that these ways assist you to the maximum results. In case you have any other ways you use to run heavy games on your PC, feel free to add them in the comments section below.
Tip : If you are in a hurry and can not try all the methods mentioned above, I recommend you first try updating your GPU driver using Advanced Driver Updater, as it is the most common issue that causes Saints Row crashes on Windows 10 and 11.
Fix – No Sound Steam Games Windows 11/10
How To Record Video Game On Windows PC With High Quality
How to Record Gameplay on PC- Windows 11,10
Fixed – Valorant Keeps Crashing Issue On PC
How To Fix Slime Rancher 2 Crashing on PC