Slime Rancher 2, the sequel to the popular game Slime Rancher, was recently released, and the gaming community welcomed it with open arms. While the game is a treat for enthusiasts with one-of-a-kind graphics and amazing visuals, some instances of sudden crashes have been reported on various discussion forums.
There can be multiple reasons behind Slime Rancher 2 crashing on PC. If you have been facing the same crashing error on your PC, there’s no need to worry, as you are not the only one. This post will try to understand why Slime Rancher 2 keeps crashing on your PC. We have also curated a list of 5 easy fixes for Slime Rancher 2 crashing on PC. Read further to learn more about the issue.
What May Be The Reason Behind Slime Rancher 2 Crashing on PC?
There have been a lot of issues that gamers have faced while trying to run Slime Rancher 2 on their PC. These issues include –
- Startup Cash
- Game not Launching
- Frame-Drops & Lags
- Graphical Glitches
All these issues are common among other titles as well. Ideally, these errors occur when you are unaware of the required specifications to run a game and try to run it on a computer that is not capable.
Let’s quickly list the minimum specifications to run Slime Rancher 2 on a PC.
Minimum Specifications Required –
These are the minimum specs you must have on your PC to run the game on your computer. If you are an avid gamer, you already know that playing on the minimum requirements is never enjoyable. Hence, the recommended specs for the game to run flawlessly are as follows –
If you have the required specifications on your PC and still Slime Rancher 2 keeps crashing, there might be something wrong with the state of the PC or the game settings you are using to play. There are multiple ways you can deal with such issues. Check out the next section to find ways to rectify these issues.
5 Fixes For Slime Rancher 2 Crashing on PC
The crashes might result from many factors, such as outdated drivers, missing game files, broken registries, game settings, and resolutions. All these issues might not be easy to detect as they give out similar errors or crash the game before it starts. The best way to deal with such issues is to take precautions and fix all these in your system. Here’s what you can do –
1. Update Outdated Drivers:
Many components are involved in running a game on your PC. All the components have their dedicated drivers. For instance, your GPU, sound card, display, etc., everything has a dedicated driver.
If your system fails to run Slime Rancher 2, one of the drivers may be missing or outdated.
But how to find out which driver is causing the issue? Well, Advanced Driver Updater, a tool specifically designed to rectify all your driver-related issues, is the best option you have. It scans your computer and finds out all the missing drivers.
There’s a set process that it follows, which includes the following steps –
- Download and install Advanced Driver Updater on your PC.
- Scan your PC using Advanced Driver Updater for malfunctioned/unavailable drivers.
- The software will instantly scan your PC for all the drivers. Let it complete the process.
- Once the scan is complete, you can find the number of missing or outdated drivers on your computer.
- Click on the Update driver and let the software work.
By using the Advanced Driver Updater, you can find out exactly which of your component driver is causing the issue. Once the drivers are installed, try to rerun the game to see if that resolves the issue.
2. Ensure all the Game Files are Available & Functional.
If you are facing an error that says “xxxxxx.dll file missing,” you are probably facing a missing system file that is required to support your game. Installing the latest version of DirectX might help you with the same.
Another way to ensure that the game files are accurate is to verify the integrity of game files through Steam. Here’s how you can do that –
-> Launch Steam > Click on Library.
->Right-click on Slime Rancher 2 from the list.
->Click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
-> Click on “Verify Integrity of Game Files.”
-> Finish the Process & Reboot Your System
Once the process is completed, run to check whether the issue with launching Slime Rancher 2 has been resolved or not. If not, move to the following method.
3. Try Running the Game as an Administrator
Many of you might not realize this, but running the application as an administrator over-powers the limitations you may experience while running it normally. It provides your application with user account control (UAC) to the computer, which is crucial to run the game efficiently. To achieve this, all you have to do is –
- Go to the installed Slime Rancher 2 game directory.
- Right-click on the application (.exe) file.
- Click on Properties and move to the Compatibility tab.
- Tick the Box “Run this program as an administrator.”
- Click on Apply and then OK to save changes.
This will allow your application to run smoothly. Once you have applied the changes, move to the game application and try rerunning it. You can also reboot the computer to apply the changes correctly.
4. Reduce Background Processes & Ban Overlays
If you have a system running on the minimum specification required to run Slime Rancher 2, you must dedicate all the resources to the game. You can not afford to run heavy applications in the background. Clearing the background applications is easy. Follow the below instructions –
- Run task manager by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc
- Go through the listed Apps in the Process Tab.
- Look for the Most Asset Consuming Applications
- Right Click on the App & Click End Task
Make sure you do not end a system process while repeating the process.
Another way to gather more resources for running Slime Rancher 2 is to ban applications that have permission to overlay on other applications while playing the game, as they take up a lot of resources. Here’s how you can achieve the objective for various applications.
Disable Steam Overlay:
- Go to the Steam client
- Open Library.
- Open Properties of Slime Rancher Use Right Click
- Explore General in the Properties
- Turn the Steam Overlay OFF.
- Reboot the PC to Apply the Changes
Disable Discord Overlay:
- Go to the Discord app
- Click on Settings at the bottom.
- Select Overlay under App Settings
- Turn on the Enable in-game overlay.
- Click on Games & Select Slime Rancher
- Turn the in-game overlay toggle OFF.
- Reboot your PC
Disable Xbox Game Bar:
- Press Windows + I keys to open Settings.
- Click Gaming > Go to Game Bar.
- Turn Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast OFF.
- Reboot the PC to apply changes.
5. Make Sure You are Running the Latest Version of the Required Software
This is one of the most basic but can often be the reason behind the mess. By required software, I mean everything, from your operating system to the gaming client you use, in this case, Steam.
If there are pending updates for your system or any other applications, you should get them and reboot the system to see whether it affects Slime Rancher 2 crashing on Windows PC.
Knowing that there are so many factors you must consider before you approach support, you may have an answer to why your PC cannot run Slime Rancher 2. If these factors are not the issue, you can share your game log file with the support team of Steam. Let them evaluate the reason.
In most cases, updating the driver did the job very well. GPU drivers and other important components often cause crashes. Ensure you install Advanced Driver Updater, so you do not face the same issue. Hope the post helps you out and resumes your unavoidably paused gaming experience. Good Luck!