Valorant is one of the most popular character-based tactical games. However, most gamers reported crashing issues after updating Valorant, crashing the PC, restarting, and crashing issues. The same has become one of the hottest topics on Reddit.
Unfortunately, if you are one of those gamers and wonder why Valorant keeps crashing your PC, this post is for you. Here we will explain the causes of Valorant crashing on your PC and workable fixes that will help stop Valorant from crashing mid-game.
But before that, let us look at the prerequisites to run the game smoothly.
PC Requirements to Run Valorant Smoothly
Every game to run on a PC has a set of specified requirements. When these aren’t met, the game crashes without errors, restart the PC, and crashes. Therefore, to fix Valorant keeps crashing Windows 11 and 10, knowing these requirements is a must. Sometimes, Valorant keeps crashing because the minimum requirements to run the game are unmet.
Minimum PC Requirements to Run Valorant – 30 FPS
- Operating System: Windows 10 (Build 17134+)/ 11 64-bit
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400, Athlon 200GE (AMD)
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics Card: Intel HD 4000, Radeon R5 200
- VRAM: 1 GB
Recommended Specs – 60 FPS
- Operating System: Windows 10 (Build 17134+)/ 11 64-bit
- Processor – Intel i3-4150, Ryzen 3 1200 (AMD)
- Graphics Card: Geforce GT 730, Radeon R7 240
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
On Windows 11, “TPM 2.0 and UEFI Secure Boot” are required.
If your system meets the minimum specifications, you can prevent the annoying Valorant crashing issues. However, if your PC meets the requirements and Valorant still keeps crashing, you certainly should read the next section!
Errors That May Be Causing Valorant To Crash & Best Way To Fix It
Below we explain different techniques that can help fix issues like Valorant keeps crashing every 10 minutes, crashing the PC, and other similar issues. There is no need to try all the fixes, you can just keep trying them until you find the trick that works for you.
Fix 1 – Restart the game and client and run it as administrator
Although this won’t fix the issue permanently but will let you return to the ranked match. When restarting the game, ensure you run it administrator. To do so, follow these steps:
- Right-click the Valorant shortcut present on your Desktop.
- Select Properties > click the Compatibility tab.
- Check mark the box next to Run this program as an administrator.
- Click Apply > Ok.
Fix 2. Manage In-Game Graphic Settings
If your PC meets the minimum requirement, but Valorant still crashes, it might be due to unbalanced in-game settings. Therefore, to fix the error, we suggest altering the GPU settings in the game.
- Launch the game.
- Go to Game Menu → Settings → Video → Graphics Quality.
- Here, mark all quality settings to Low.
Once the graphics settings are set at low, give the game a try. You may be able to play it without facing any crashes.
Fix 3. Temporarily Disable Antivirus Application
If you are using Windows Defender, you may not require any changes. However, if you are using a third-party antivirus, according to some gamers on Reddit, it might be the reason Valorant keeps crashing.
The antivirus sometimes falsely considers Vanguard or Valorant a PUP, preventing the game from running. To ensure your antivirus is not doing the same, whitelist the programs or temporarily disable the antivirus program. Now run Valorant; you should not face any problems. If this doesn’t help enable security software, move on to the next fix.
Fix 4. Check for the Latest GPU Drivers
GPU drivers are the most crucial and necessary components to run a game, especially when playing heavy games like Valorant. Updated drivers enhance the system’s overall performance. But finding outdated drivers on your own is a typical job. The ideal and the best way to do it is by using Advanced Driver Updater, a tool that scans your PC and resolves all the driver-related issues in just a few clicks.
Here’s how you check for outdated graphics drivers, update them, and prevent Valorant from Crashing on your PC.
Manually updating the graphics driver.
To update graphics drivers, you must visit the manufacturer’s website. Here are the links for the top 3 product lines:
Once you are on the support page to download the driver manually, search for the graphics card number and download the driver installer. While downloading it, ensure you download the latest one, which is compatible with the version of the operating system you are running.
Automatically update Graphics drivers.
If searching for driver updates and running the installer is not what you like, try Advanced Driver Updater. It is one of the best driver updating tools that scans your PC and shows a list of outdated drivers, giving you a choice to update the ones you want.
- Download and Install Advanced Driver Updater on Your PC
- Scan Your PC Using Advanced Driver Updater to find if there is any update available for your GPU Drivers.
- The software will instantly scan your PC for all the drivers. Let it complete the process.
- Once the scan is complete, you can find the number of missing or outdated drivers on your computer.
- Click on the Update driver and let the software work.
Once the drivers are found, the software automatically updates them, and you have nothing to do. Keep in mind that Valorant requires dedicated graphics and GPU. You need proper drivers for the GPU to run Valorant smoothly, and Advanced Driver Updater can help you with them in no time.
Fix 5. Close Resource-Hungry Applications
Another possible reason Valorant keeps crashing is that your system lacks free resources to run a heavy application. To give Valorant enough resources to run, close all the resource-hungry applications by following the instructions below-
- Open Task Manager using Ctrl+Shift+Esc
- Sort the Process Based on the Memory
- Close applications at your convenience.
Note : Please ensure you do not end a Windows Process
Removing all the resource-hungry background gives your game ample access to the RAM and GPU to run smoothly. If you have been facing crash issues, try this step, as it can help you.
Fix 6. Update Your Operating System to Latest Available
Windows updates may seem a bit of a task, considering you must reboot the computer repeatedly. But to run the applications smoothly, you must have the latest operating system on your computer.
Sometimes, the game is expected to run smoother on the latest software and is optimized in such a way that it can detect the change. Therefore, if you haven’t updated Windows in a while, do so by following the steps below:
- Press Windows + I to open Windows settings.
- Double-click Update & Security.
- Click Check for updates. Windows will now look for available updates and will give the option to download and install updates. The process might take time, depending on your internet connection speed.
- Once done, restart the PC to apply changes and launch Valorant to check if it is sable.
Fix 7. Perform a Clean Boot
Sometimes when other programs interfere with Volrant then too Volrant keeps crashing and restarting. In such cases performing a clean boot comes to the rescue. Here’s how to do it:
- Press Windows + R to open the Run window.
- Type msconfig and press the Enter key.
- Click Services tab > and check the box next to Hide all Microsoft services.
- Uncheck all services, leaving the one related to video and sound cards like Realtek, NVIDA, Intel, and AMD.
- Click Ok to save changes and close the window.
- Now press Ctrl+Shift+Esc and open the Task Manager.
- Click Startup tab > and then one at a time click programs that you suspect might be interfering.
- Restart the PC so that only essential services run.
Now try to run Valorant it should not crash. If it does, then you will have to disable programs one by one and restart the PC to find the culprit.
Fix 8 – Uninstall and Reinstall Valorant and Vanguard
If nothing has worked so far, try reinstalling the game, this will restore the game settings and will fix the corrupt files.
- Press Windows + R to open the Run box.
- Copy and paste control /name Microsoft.ProgramsAndFeatures, and click OK.
- Select VALORANT and Riot Vanguard one by one and uninstall them.
- Go to Valorant website and download the game installer to reinstall the game.
Now try to run Valorant, you should not face any problem. This fix should do the trick for you.
Valorant No Longer Crashes Mid-Game
With these 8 methods, you can efficiently resolve Valorant keeps crashing issues on the PC. However, if Valorant still crashes, then there is the possibility that you have overclocked the PC. If that is the case and you are using MSI Afterburner or other overclocking utilities, we suggest closing them before running Valorant.
This brings us to the end of the blog. I hope these methods might have worked for you. If they didn’t try re-installing the game, there may be an issue with your copy. Don’t forget to download and install the Advanced Driver Updater tool, as its applications are not limited to running games.