Unlike console gaming, PC gaming is not that easy. For games to run smoothly, you must optimize your PC, increase FPS, update the device driver, clean malware infections, etc. This post explains how, manually and using Advanced System Optimizer, you can optimize Windows 10 for a better gaming experience.
What is Low FPS?
Low FPS is when your PC is not optimized, and your game struggles to run at its optimal level. However, by implementing certain tweaking, FPS can be boosted. This is one area that makes PC gaming better than console as PC allows increasing FPS.
Below we explain specific tips to boost PC performance and boost FPS.
Best Way To Boost PC and Game Performance
There are different ways to enhance game and PC performance. However, if you are short on time and want to perform all these operations in a single click, try Advanced System Optimizer. This system tweaking tool with 25+ PC optimization utilities help boost performance, boost Windows performance, and more. You can use it to clean malware, update drivers, optimize memory, etc.
How To Optimize Windows 10 For Gaming?
Method 1 – Optimizing Windows 10 Using Game Mode
Note: Enabling Game Mode disables Windows Update.
To allow gamers to enjoy an uninterrupted gaming experience and achieve optimum frame rate, Windows provide Gaming Mode. It can be used to optimize PC for gaming. To run it, follow these steps:
- Press Windows + I to open Windows settings.
- In the search bar, type Game Mode. Select from either Game Mode Settings or Turn on Game Mode options.
- Click Game Mode and toggle the switch to enable it.
Must Read: How To Optimize RAM on Windows 11 & 10?
Method 2 Disable Nagle’s Algorithm
If you love online gaming and are facing latency issues, turn off Nagel’s Algorithm designed to bundle data packets. To do so, follow these steps:
We will first need to know the IP address:
- Press Windows + X > Windows PowerShell (Admin) from the context menu.
- Type ipconfig and look for IPV4. Copy it as we will need it in the further steps.
- Next, press Windows + R to open the Run window.
- Type regedit and press Ok.
- Copu and paste the following path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces
- In the left pane, you will see folder names with letters and numbers. Click each to find the one with the entry DhcpIPAddress next to which you see the exact IP address you copied.
- Right-click the folder > select New > DWord (32-but) Value > name it TcpAckFrequency > under Value dat set the parameter to 1 > Ok.
- Again Right-click the folder > select New > DWord (32-but) Value > name it TCPNoDelay > under Value dat set the parameter to 1 > Ok.
Must Read: How To Get More Storage on Your PC?
This will disable Nagle’s Algorithm. Now play an online game. If you face any problem, change the parameter value from 1 to 0 and then play the game, you should not face any problem.
Method 3 – Replace DNS
Network traffic can create issues if you play multiplayer games online or rely on a remote server online. Therefore we suggest you optimize the gaming by changing DNS.
- Press Windows + I to open Windows Settings > double click Network & Internet.
- Change adapter options.
- Right-click your wireless network > Properties > Internet Protocoal Version 4.
- Note down both DNS settings, as you may need them.
- Replace them with 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206 > Ok.
- Close the default browser and re-run it.
You will now get a better speed that will help in online gaming.
Method 4 – Pause Automatic Updates
Microsoft automatically updates the operating system and schedules a restart to keep Windows updated and fix bugs. This sometimes limits network connectivity. To deal with this, follow these steps:
- In the Windows search bar, type Windows Update.
- Click Advanced Options > disable the option Restart this device as soon as possible when a restart is required to install an update.
- Enable a Show a notification > Pause updates > select the date until you you want to delay the update installation.
Method 5 – Disable Notifications
To avoid interference during gaming, manage notifications with the help of Focus Assist.
- Press Windows + I to open Settings.
- Click System > Focus Assist > select Alarm only. This will hide all the other notifications.
- Ensure When I’m playing a game, the option is enabled.
- Exit the screen.
Method 6 – Disable Steam Auto Update Games
Most PC gamers use Steam to buy and install games on Windows. Though Steam makes playing games easy, still its auto-update feature creates nuances and eats up memory in the name of updating games. Therefore, to boost game performance and boost FPS, disable Steam auto-update.
- Open Steam client.
- Go to Settings > Downloads > uncheck Allow downloads during gameplay.
In addition to this, you can also stop Steam from downloading updates for unwanted games.
- Open Steam Library > right-click the game installed by is rarely played > Properties > Updates.
- Change Always keep this game up to date to Only update it when I launch it.
- Under Background Downloads, select Pause background downloads while I’m playing.
Must Read: Fix – No Sound Steam Games Windows 11/10
Method 7 – Adjust Visual Effect Settings
To optimize the PC for gaming, make changes to visual settings.
- Press Windows + I to launch Windows settings.
- Type performance in the search bar > select Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows > select Adjust for best performance > Apply.
- Click Advanced tab > set Adjust the best performance of to Programs > Apply > Ok.
Method 8 – Adjust Mouse Settings
Optimize mouse settings to ensure it is not the reason behind lagging game performance.
- Press Windows + I to launch the Settings window.
- Click Devices > Mouse > click Pointer Options tab > uncheck Enhance pointer precision > Apply > Ok.
If this shows any changes in the gaming performance, you know the mouse was creating issues.
Method 9 – Change Power Settings
Power options are often underrated as no one believes they can cause any problem. Therefore, the best way to know whether they make a difference or not is to check ourselves and adjust power settings:
- Press Windows + I to open the Windows settings window.
- Type power in the search field.
- Click Power & sleep settings > Additional power settings > select high-performance option.
- If you can’t see any option, click Create a power plan and customize the power plan settings.
This will boost PC performance but at the cost of higher energy consumption. Therefore, make these changes only on the desktop.
Method 10 – Update Driver for Better Gaming Performance
GPU is the core of the PC gaming experience. This is why its drivers should be updated. You can do it manually, but that requires time, patience, and technical skills. Therefore, the best way to keep drivers automatically updated is to use the Driver Updater module provided by Advanced System Optimizer. The module automatically locates outdated drivers and shows the latest and compatible updates. Also, you can set a schedule to run at your preferred time.
To use Driver Updater, follow these steps:
- Download and install the latest version of Advanced System Optimizer
- Click Regular Maintenance > Driver Updater.
- Click Start Scan Now to initiate the process.
- Let the scan and then analyze the scan results.
- Click the Download link next to the driver you want to update. However, if you use the paid version of Advanced System Optimizer, you can use Update Selected Drivers.
- Restart the PC to save changes. Now try and play your games, and you will experience a boost in the game performance.
Method 11 – Use Game Optimizer
Constant notifications and multiple apps running on the PC also ruin the gaming experience. Therefore, with the help of Advanced System Optimizer, create a disturbance-free environment for faster gaming.
- Launch Advanced System Optimizer.
- Click Windows Optimizers > Game Optimizer.
- Click Select Location Now to add the executable file of the game you want to play.
- Give a name to the game for identification and click Add Game to add it.
- Once that is done, click Start Optimized and play the game without interference.
Gaming on a PC isn’t easy. You can enjoy playing games if you know the tips to optimize gaming and PC performance. Using the tips above, you can boost FPS and gaming performance on your Windows PC. We hope you like the article and will use points to optimize gaming performance.
Related: How To Clear Your Browser Cookies