“I’ve been using Lenovo 300 wireless mouse for quite some time & it works perfectly fine. However, the other day I updated my Windows, and since then, the mouse has stopped working.
Read the troubleshooting guide below if you face a similar problem or if your Lenovo wireless mouse has stopped working.
Unlike wired mice, wireless mice are convenient and easy to use. However, when they stop working, getting around with things becomes difficult. So, what can be done to get the wireless working?
Don’t Worry; below, we will show you how to fix the Lenovo Bluetooth mouse problem.
Reasons Why Lenovo 300 Wireless Mouse Stops Working?
- The mouse batteries are not fully charged, dead, or not correctly inserted.
- The power switch is Off.
- The USB receiver is not connected correctly.
- Faulty USB port.
- Multiple Bluetooth devices are connected at the same time.
- The USB driver is outdated, broken, or corrupt.
Now that you know what might be the reason behind the mouse not working correctly let’s learn how to troubleshoot the issue.
How to Fix Lenovo Wireless Mouse Not Working – Windows
Before we get into technical details and learn how to update drivers, let’s do basic troubleshooting.
- Replace the batteries for the wireless mouse.
- If the Bluetooth mouse has a power-on button, make sure it is turned on.
- Check the mouse cable or USB connector. Additionally, unplug and replug the cable or connector back in.
- Try connecting the mouse connected to a different port.
- Clean the mouse.
- If you are not using it on a flat surface, try using it on a non-reflective & flat surface.
Even after following the basic troubleshooting steps, if the mouse is still not working, you should check for a driver update.
Why update drivers?
Drivers are programs that run on your PC and allow the device to communicate with the operating system.
Without a proper driver, your system will not detect any connected device, leaving your device worthless or rendering some functionalities inaccessible.
This is why updating drivers is a must.
How to Update Mouse Wireless Driver?
The necessary drivers for your PC can be obtained from the manufacturer’s support page, via additional Windows update, or using a built-in utility called Device.
Alternatively, drivers can be downloaded and updated automatically using a third-party tool like Advanced Driver Updater.
The ways mentioned above will help download and install the most recent drivers for your mouse device. However, there’s a catch to updating the driver manually through the device manager or manufacturer site. You need to have technical knowledge, while if you update using Advanced Driver Updater, it can be done in just a few clicks.
Update Lenovo Mouse Driver
Below we will explain one manual and another intuitive way to update drivers. This way you can decide which one suits you best.
Manually Update Mouse Driver – Device Manager
- Right-click the Windows icon > select Device Manager.
- Double click Human Interface Devices or Mice and Other Pointing Devices > look for the mouse driver.
- Right-click the mouse driver > Uninstall device.
- Restart the PC to let Windows reinstall the driver.
Now try and run the mouse; it should work.
If this seems overwhelming, we have an automatic way for you.
Update Driver Automatically Using Advanced Driver Updater
- Install Advanced Driver Updater by downloading it.
- Double click the setup file to install and run the driver updating utility.
- Click Start Scan Now to scan the PC for the outdated Lenovo mouse driver.
- Go through the scan results and click Update All to update the outdated driver. If you are re-directed to the purchase page, you use the trial version. You will need to click Update driver next to the driver in such a case.
- Restart PC to apply changes.
This is how you can update the Lenovo 300 Wireless compact mouse. Using a driver updater tool is dependable and trusted to keep drivers updated. You can also schedule driver scans and updates. Do share your feedback in the comments section.
How to Download & Update Lenovo IdeaPad 100 Drivers on Windows 11,10
How To Update USB Drivers On Windows 11 & 10?
How To Download & Update Lenovo IdeaPad 3 Drivers
How To Fix Sound Not Working On Lenovo Laptop