Wiped hard drive? No worries, you still have the chance to recover lost or deleted data. Use Advanced Disk Recovery to restore data from your wiped hard drive.
To err is human, and most of us prove it right by accidentally wiping off the hard drive.
We start reacting to losing data when we accidentally wipe off the hard drive without backing up data. You can retrieve data even after wiping the hard drive using the best hard drive recovery software. Let’s look at how to use Advanced Disk Recovery to restore data from Windows PC.
Note : A recovery tool makes getting back data possible, but the sooner you act better the results. Also, as soon as the information is deleted, stop using the storage device or hard drive partition to avoid overwriting data.
What to Do When You’ve Wiped The Hard Drive
When you realize that your hard drive is accidentally wiped, the first thing you need to do is stop using the disk—wondering why we recommend so? Let me explain. When anything is deleted from the storage media, instead of actual data, the reference is removed. This means the data is recoverable. However, for your operating system, the physical place from where the information is removed becomes accessible & when you add new data, it might be saved on the location from where data is deleted, rendering it unrecoverable.
Therefore, if you have mistakenly erased the hard drive & want to restore the data, stop using it until wiped hard drive recovery is made. To retrieve data from wiped hard drive, continue reading the post.
Can Data Be Recovered From Erased Hard Drive?
In most cases, using reliable and trusted data recovery software, restoring data from erased hard drives is possible. However, certain conditions make data recovery difficult or impossible from the internal or external hard drives.
Reasons That Stop You From Recovering Data
- TRIM enabled SSD – Unlike HDD, Solid State Drives (SSD) work differently. When data from an SSD with TRIM enabled is deleted, it is entirely wiped, and no record of the information is left. This makes recovering data impossible from an SSD with TRIM enabled unless recovery is attempted instantly.
- Full format – While formatting a disk, most users go with the fast format. The advantage of a fast format is that erased data can be retrieved. This means no data-trace remains, meaning no recovery is possible.
How to Recover Data From an Erased Hard Drive
If the computer recognizes and detects the wiped hard drive, you can try recovering what has been lost. The best way to do that is to use a hard disk recovery software, and we are going to guide you through how to use Advanced Disk Recovery to get back as much data as possible.
Note : To avoid overwriting data and losing any chances of data recovery, stop using the hard disk. To ensure the installation of Advanced Disk Recovery doesn’t come in the way of data recovery, install it on a different drive.
Now that you know what to do and what not to, let’s learn how to use Advanced Disk Recovery and restore the data from wiped hard drive.
- Click the Download Now button to get Advanced Disk Recovery on your computer.
- Open Advanced Disk Recovery and select Hard Drive as the option> choose the drive you wish to scan.
- You will now get the two scan types to select from Quick Scan and Deep Scan. Since you want to recover data from Wiped data, go with Deep Scan.
Deep Scan – This method does a sector-wide scanning of the hard disk to identify any traces of the deleted files that can be recovered.
- After selecting Deep Scan, hit the Scan now button and wait for the scanning to finish. The scanning will take time, depending on the data and the size of the disk.
- Review scan results, select the data you want to restore, and hit the Recover button.
- Select the drive where you want to save data and make sure it isn’t the same that you are scanning.
When done, go to the location where you saved data, and that’s it. Voila, you have the data back even after wiping the hard drive. This is the magic of using recovery tools like Advanced Disk Recovery.
With the help of these simple steps and the professional data recovery tool, this is how you can get the recoverable data back.
How to Protect Your Data
If you have a habit of hitting buttons without giving it a second thought or if multiple people use your system, you may often face a data loss situation. Therefore, we suggest adopting and following specific preventive methods to avoid this. These ways will help lessen the burden of retrieving your data.
Keep regular data backup – Backups are the easiest way to keep data safe. You can use cloud services like Google Drive, Dropbox, or RightBackup. These cloud services will give access to data from anywhere.
Safely Remove Drives – Before using external storage media, ensure you have ejected it safely before detaching it. If the drive is operational and you remove it, you may lose data. So, wait for the operation to finish, eject the drive, and remove it from the PC.
Double Check – There’s no harm in double-checking the operation you are about to perform. Whether it’s deleting data, copying and pasting, or formatting the drive, this will save you from facing a data loss situation.
Keeping the above points and data recovery tools like Advanced Disk Recovery handy allows you to quickly retrieve data and avoid facing data loss. We hope you like the post and will use the tool to restore data when you find yourself in the uncomfortable situation of data loss.
Do share your feedback with us in the comments section.