Have you accidentally lost or deleted JPG or JPEG photos? Luckily, you can get them back with the photos recovery tool. Get the JPEG recovery tool- Photos Recovery for PC now:
Photos are the best way to capture and relive special moments of life. Therefore, we get anxious when we lose them due to any reason like – a hard drive crash, accidental formatting of the disk, or mistakenly deleting images. Fortunately, there is an excellent way to recover JPG files, and we will walk you through each step you need to take for JPEG recovery.
However, before we begin, let’s know the difference between JPG and JPEG files, what JPEG files are, and how you can view old JPG files.
What are JPEG files, and how do they differ from JPG files?
Firstly, JPEG stands for Joint Photographic Experts Group and is a go-to file format for digital images. It supports up to 24-bit and uses lossy compression. This means the image quality is compromised when you save pictures in this format.
There’s no difference between JPEG and JPG file formats. They are merely two different names for the same file extension. Since earlier versions allowed only three characters, the images were saved in JPG instead of JPEG. However, the newer version of Windows accepts four-letter extensions.
How To Open JPG files in Windows 10?
The best application you can use to view JPEG or JPG files is the Photos app. However, if you face any problems with the app, you can try the following fixes:
- Reset Photos app – Press Windows + I to open Settings > App Settings > Apps and features > Photos app > Advanced Options > Reset.
- Reinstall Photos app – Press Windows + X > Select Windows PowerShell (Admin) > get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage. After uninstalling it go to Microsoft Store and download the Photos app.
- Make Photo Viewer the default application to view images.
Causes For the Loss of JPEG/JPG Files
Whether stored on a hard disk, USB card, flash drive, or any storage media, losing JPEG/ JPG files is inevitable. Below we explain specific reasons why you might end up losing pictures saved in different formats:
- Accidentally deleting image files.
- Formatting storage media.
- Malware infection and virus attack
- System crash, power failure, etc.
- Inaccessible files.
How To Recover JPG Files Using a Photos Recovery From Windows
Regardless of the storage media and why you lost JPEG/JPG files, you can restore all deleted and lost images from your PC using Photos Recovery. This one-stop recovery solution also allows for restoring audio and video files. Not only this, it shows a preview of files before recovery, and you can undo media files caused due to any reason.
Tips for JPG Recovery
- After losing your photos, avoid using the storage media to save new pictures, as this will decrease the chances of photos recovery.
- You should not download and install the JPEG/JPG file recovery on the disk or partition from where you lost your photos.
- You should never restore images on the original disk or device, which will overwrite the lost files.
Steps to Use Photos Recovery to Restore Lost /Deleted JPEG, JPG file
- Using the button below, download the best photo recovery tool for Windows.
- Install the software by double-clicking the executable file and following the on-screen instructions.
- Launch Photos Recovery and click the Settings icon to customize settings. Click Filter Options > under Scan Method > select the box next to Common Photos Formats.
- Next, select the storage media that you wish to restore pictures. If it is removable media, you need to click the Removable Driver tab and select the drive.
- Photos Recovery offers two scanning modes to restore files correctly – Quick Scan and Deep Scan. Select the mode as per the requirement.
Quick Scan – if the files are recently deleted, you can perform a Quick Scan. This scan mode scans default folders.
Deep Scan – Whether the files are deleted recently or long back if you want to scan the complete system and each folder thoroughly, go with Deep Scan.
- To start scanning the system, click the START SCAN button and start the process.
- Let the scanning finish so that you can preview files before recovery.
- By default, Photos Recovery will select all the images. If you don’t want to restore all scanned pictures, preview them and choose the ones you want to restore.
- After that, click RECOVER to retrieve selected photos. Make sure you select a different folder and a different drive/partition to save images.
- Wait for the recovery process to finish. That’s all; this is how using these simple steps, you can quickly restore JPG/JPEG files.
Note : You can also use the Search File Name field to specifically search for JPEG/JPG files. Additionally, you can use Tree View if you know the folder you want to restore images.
We hope you can recover all the deleted JPG/JPEG files successfully using Photos Recovery software. The steps and the tool is straightforward to use. Whether you have lost photos, videos, or audio files, using the professional and powerful Photos Recovery recovery tool, you can quickly restore deleted or lost JPG Files.
Note : If you want to test the tool before purchasing, you can use the trial version to see what the software is capable of. Furthermore, the paid version offers a 60-day money-back guarantee.