Sound difficulties have become common problems for Lenovo users. Lately, many users have reported no sound or can’t play any audio files on Lenovo PC. The causes for this type of problem are missing sound cards, loose cable connections, or even the hardware. The best way to update the sound driver is to use the driver updater for Windows. We recommend using Advanced Driver Updater and updating the outdated sound driver.
This post will explain how to use the best driver updater and try other methods to fix the audio not working on your Lenovo laptop or desktop.
Causes for No Sound On Lenovo Laptop
To solve any problem, you must first identify the source of the problem. As a result, let’s go through every reason behind no sound issue.
- Outdated or Corrupt Lenovo Sound Drivers
- Misconfigured Windows Audio Services
- Incomplete or incorrect Windows Update
Now, let’s begin with some basic Lenovo laptop sound troubleshooting that may be useful in resolving the sound problem.
Note: The below-mentioned steps can be followed in almost all laptops to repair sound.
Read Also: How Do I Fix The Wi-Fi On My Lenovo Laptop?
How To Fix Sound Not Working On Lenovo Laptop
1. Check Cable Connection
The first thing you should do to fix the sound problem is to rule out speaker and headphone connection issues. For this, check the cables. Try connecting the speaker to a different port or attack a different device and see if it is working or not.
2. Check the Sound Settings
- Right-click the sound icon in the taskbar > Open sound settings.
- Select the right device. Choose your output device.
- Make sure the volume is not set to Mute.
- Scroll down > select App volume and device preferences.
- The apps you use to listen to music should not be muted, and the output and input options are correctly chosen.
- Try to play sound again.
This should fix the problem. If it doesn’t move to the next step.
3. Change the Properties of Your Audio Device
- Right-click the sound icon > select Sounds.
- Click the Playback tab > select your speakers (Default) > click on Properties.
- Click the Advanced tab > from the drop-down list, select the options one by one and click the Test button after each change to see if it works.
For some users changing the sample rate worked.
4. Uninstall The Sound Driver From Device Manager
- Press Win+Xkeys > select Device Manager from the context menu.
- Go to the Sound, video, and game controllers category. Double click on it to expand > right-click on the audio device >Uninstall device.
- Restart your PC.
- Windows will now try to reinstall the default driver. Doing so will fix the problem if it doesn’t move to the next solution.
Check This- How To Fix Lenovo Plugged In Not Charging Problem
5. Update The Audio Driver
1. Update the drivers manually
- Press the Windows + X keys > select Device Manager.
- Go to the Sound, video, and game controllers category. Double click on it to expand it and see all installed audio devices. Right-click on the audio device >Update driver.
- Select the Search automatically for drivers.
- Restart your PC. The audio problem should now be fixed.
Read Also: Update Lenovo Bluetooth Driver
2. Update drivers automatically
The built-in Device Manager of Windows isn’t accurate. Therefore, we suggest using third-party driver updaters that are reliable and safe. In the recommended solution below, we will explain one tool.
Obsolete or incompatible drivers are the most common reason for Windows issues and malfunctions. Also, an out-of-date driver system can cause latency, system failures, and even BSoDs. To avoid these issues, we propose using Advanced Driver Updater. This automated solution will discover outdated drivers and show the latest updates that you can install to fix drivers related issues.
- Download and install Advanced Driver Updater
- Launch the tool and click on Start Scan Now to scan the PC for outdated drivers.
- Review scan results and click on update driver next to sound driver to fix the Lenovo laptop sound problem.
Note: Trial users can update one driver at a time, while registered users can update all simultaneously by clicking Update All outdated drives.
- 4. Restart PC. The Lenovo sound problem should now be fixed.
Tip: In the unlikely event that the driver updater for Windows was unsuccessful. In that case, you can visit the manufacturer’s website and download the correct drivers from there. Remember, for this; you need technical knowledge, and risk is involved.
6. Restart Audio Services
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run window.
- Type services.msc>enter.
- Find Windows Audio from the list and double click it.
- Set Startup type to Automatic >press Stop >Start.
- Click Apply and see if the issue is solved.
- Restart PC; this should resolve the issue.
We hope that this troubleshooting guide helped solve the problem with the sound not working on the Lenovo laptop. If you still have audio issues on your PC, you can fix them by trying to disable enhancements. To do so right-click the sound icon > Sound > click Playback tab > select your default audio device > Properties > Enhancement tab > Disable all enhancements > Ok. Now test your audio device and see if the sound should be there.
If all else fails, the fault is with the audio equipment itself. Hence, you need to contact the seller. We hope you find them helpful information; thank you for your time.
Hopefully, you’ve addressed the Lenovo laptop no sound problem by now. Please leave any questions, thoughts, or recommendations in the comments section. Thank you for your time! If all else fails, the fault is almost often with the audio equipment itself. You should contact the seller of your laptop or the device maker for additional assistance.
Download and Update Lenovo Webcam Driver
How to Update Lenovo Bluetooth Driver
How to Download and Update Lenovo Webcam Driver
How to Update Lenovo Camera Driver