We all have been there, and most of us will probably do it again sometime soon. We’re talking about accidentally deleting important folders by either pressing Delete or Shift + Delete key in Windows.
If you just pressed the Delete key and it’s not been more than 30 days, or you have not emptied the Recycle Bin, you can restore folders. However, if you have pressed Shift + Delete, then what?
The good news is that there’s still hope; using the best data recovery software – Advanced Disk Recovery, you can restore deleted folders.
This post explains how to use the best way to restore deleted folders in Windows 10.
How To Recover Deleted Folders from a Recycle Bin in Windows 10
When you hit the Delete button in Windows 10, the folders are moved to Recycle Bin and sit there unless you empty the Bin.
To restore deleted folders from Recycle Bin on Windows 10, follow these steps:
1. On your computer desktop, look for Recycle Bin icon.
2. Double click to open it.
3. Look for the file you want to restore > check the box to the left of the file name.
4. Right-click > Restore.
The deleted folders will be restored to the original location on Windows 10. However, if the folder is not there, then? It means the folder is permanently deleted, but don’t worry; you can get it back if you act fast.
Read Here- How To Recover Lost Files After Upgrading Windows
Note: Permanently deleted folders can be recovered before they get overwritten.
Recovering Deleted Folders in Windows 10 without using Third-Party Software
We will start by using some commands. To use it, follow the steps below:
1. In the Windows Search bar, type Command Prom
2. Select “Run as administrator” & run the Command Prompt as an administrator.
3. Type “chkdsk X: /f” > hit Enter key. Make sure the letter X is replaced with the hard drive letter from which you want to recover data.
4. Type “ATTRIB -H -R -S /S /D X:*.*” and press the enter key. Again, replace “X” with the letter of your hard drive.
Wait for the recovery process to finish. Be patient and try not to use the computer while the recovery process is running because this can overwrite the deleted files and make the data recovery impossible.
Must Read- How to Recover Deleted PSD Files
Recovering Deleted Folders Using Advanced Disk Recovery the Best Data Recovery Software
Advanced Disk Recovery is a professional data recovery software that’s easy to use. It helps restore deleted data lost due to any reason from any drive. With Advanced Disk Recovery, you can retrieve multiple file-formats photos, videos, documents, PDF files, Excel files, Outlook emails, and others with just a few simple clicks.
To Recover Deleted Folders in Windows 10, follow these steps:
1. Download, install and launch Advanced Disk Recovery.
2. Select the storage media and drive from which you want to restore deleted folders.
3. Select the scanning mode from the two options – Quick Scan and Deep Scan.
To recover a recently deleted folder, choose Quick Scan. However, if you want to perform an in-depth search, use Deep Scan.
4. To start scanning the selected drive, click Scan now & wait for the process to finish.
5. Review scan results > select deleted files you want to recover > hit the ‘Recover’ button.
6. Select a location where you want to save the recovered file or folder. Ensure it is not the same drive from which you are recovering data.
7. Advanced Disk Recovery will show a confirmation message after recovering the folders.
Don’t you ever think if you can’t see a file, you can’t get it back? Even the folders deleted by pressing Shift + Delete in Windows 10 aren’t permanently deleted. Using Advanced Disk Recovery, you can easily restore them. So, the next time someone asks you, “How do I recover permanently deleted files from my PC?” share this article, or better recommend using Advanced Recovery.
We hope you like the information we’ve shared with you. Please share your feedback with us in the comments section. For any product-related queries, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How To Recover Unsaved Word Document On Windows 10
How To Recover Deleted/Unsaved Powerpoint File
How To Recover Files Deleted By Virus Attacks
How To Recover Data From SanDisk Flash Drive