Pressed Shift + Delete to regret later? Want to restore deleted photos? Well, if that is the case, you have come to the right place. In this article, we will discuss how to retrieve deleted files from a PC.
Ever since the concept of photography was brought to light, people have been fascinated with it. Earlier pictures were kept in albums which if destroyed, were gone forever. To overcome this, smartphones, digital cameras were introduced. This helped save images in digital form. Certainly, this opened a lot of scopes and people started clicking more photos than ever.
But this ease has its share of problems, digital images, photographs, pictures can be easily lost due to reasons like –
- Accidentally deleting photos
- System upgrades
- Hard disk crash
- Formatting system without backup.
Due to this and some other reasons, it is quite likely that at some point in time you might need to recover deleted photos.
Realizing this, here we explain how to restore deleted photos.
How To Retrieve deleted photos from PC
It doesn’t matter how you lost photos, or they got deleted; the good news is you can get them back. Using Photos Recovery, the professional image recovery tool you can easily restore deleted images. Remember even when the photographs are deleted their digital footprints remain. This means you can restore them even when you cannot see them.
Fact: When a photo or any file is deleted from the system, the operating system marks the space as reusable and overwrites the file only if space is needed. This means till the time no action is performed or data is saved data is recoverable.
How to Restore Deleted Photos from PC
Windows users have a few options to retrieve deleted photos. Let us take a look at them one by one.
Way 1 – Restoring photos from Recycle Bin
Whenever you are aware of the fact that a file is missing, look for it in the Recycle Bin. This is the place where Windows moves the file when deleted. These files stay until you empty the Recycle Bin or have surpassed the timeline of emptying Recycle Bin.
To retrieve files from Recycle Bin, follow these steps:
1. On the desktop look for Recycle Bin.
2. Double click to open it or right-click > Open
3. Look for the images that are missing or deleted in the Recycle Bin. If you can locate them, select those pictures, right-click > Restore.
4. This will put them to their original location.
Note : You can find deleted photos or files in Recycle Bin only when you have pressed the Delete key. However, if you have used Shift + Delete nothing gets shifted to Recycle Bin. In such a scenario, using a photos recovery tool is the best way to get back deleted photographs.
Way 2 – Recovering Permanently Deleted Images From PC, USB, Flash Drive Using Photos Recovery
If the Recycle Bin is emptied or you pressed the Shift + Del key to remove photos, using Photo Recovery is an excellent decision. Using this tool, you can recover deleted photos from an external drive, internal hard disk, USB flash drive. Also, you can retrieve RAW photos formats. To scan for them all you need to do is select the options from the Settings menu.
Here’s how to use Photos Recovery on PC
1. Download and install Systweak’s Photos Recovery tool
2. Run the best tool to retrieve permanently deleted photos
3. If you want to scan the internal hard drive, click the Hard Drive tab. However, if you want to scan USB make sure it is connected to the PC and then click Removable Drive.
4. Once the drive to scan is selected, choose from the two scanning options – Quick Scan and Deep Scan.
Quick Scan as the name suggests is fast but is not as effective as Deep Scan. So, if the photos you are looking for have been deleted long back, choose Deep Scan. This mode thoroughly scans every area of the system to get back deleted images.
5. Now that the drive and scanning type is selected click the START SCAN button and wait for the scan to finish.
6. When done, preview scan results. You can view them in List or Tree.
Note : If you abort the scan, Tree View is unavailable.
7. Select the images you want to recover and hit the Recover button. By default, all scanned images will be selected.
8. Choose the destination where you want to save the recovered files. Make sure it is not the same as the one from which you are recovering as this will reduce the chances of data recovery.
9. Once the destination folder is selected, click Select Folder and wait for the recovery process to finish.
10. When done, you will get a summary of the total number of photos recovered, total photos selected, total photos found, recovered file size.
That’s it. This way you can easily recover permanently deleted photos from your PC.
How to export organized photos to another folder using Photo Organizer
Photos Recovery is also available for Android phones. This means if you have lost or deleted images from your Android you can recover them using it. Isn’t this great news?
Well for me it is and now I have a tool that works on both Windows and Android.
We hope the above discussion gives you the answer for how to recover deleted photos from Windows and Android. The best way to restore pictures is to use the indispensable tool Photos Recovery.
In addition to this, before using the recovery tool you can also check the Recycle Bin for deleted files. If they aren’t there then you can certainly use Photos Recovery to restore deleted photos from the PC. We hope you find the information helpful. Do share your feedback and questions (if any) in the comments box.
For any product related queries, you can contact the technical team at firstname.lastname@example.org