HP is the market leader in the PC and laptop industry with numerous laptop lines like HP Elitebook 840, HP Probook 4530s, HP Pavilion G6, and others. That said, to work perfectly, HP laptop drivers should be updated from time to time. This post will discuss different ways to update HP laptop drivers.
Like any other system driver, HP laptop drivers should also be updated. So, without further delay, let us understand how to download, install, and update HP Pavilion G6, HP Elitebook 840 G6, HP Probook 4530s, HP Elitebook 840 G5, and other HP laptop drivers.
Best Ways to Download, Install and Update HP Pavilion Drivers – Windows 11,10,8 & 7
HP laptop drivers can be updated both manually and automatically. This post will cover both methods, allowing users to choose the one that suits their needs.
If you don’t have time, try Advanced Driver Updater, the best driver updating tool that detects and updates problematic drivers. Also, the Windows driver updater software automatically detects operating system and device drivers. To get this excellent driver updater, click the button below.
Why you Need to Update HP Laptop Drivers
- Facing issues with the laptop speed.
- Encountering frequent crashes, freezes, overheating, or BSOD errors.
- Facing problems when connecting peripheral devices.
- Losing Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity
Manual Ways to Update HP Pavilion Drivers
HP Pavilion drivers can be downloaded from various sources. Some users prefer downloading drivers from the official manufacturer’s website, while others prefer using Window’s built-in Device Manager. We will explain both methods in this post.
Method 1 – Updating Hp Laptop Driver Via Manufacturer’s Website
Follow the below-mentioned steps only when you are sure about the operating system and the device model number you are using. An incorrect driver update might harm system functionality.
1. Visit HP support center > Software and Drivers.
2. Select your product, i.e., Laptop.
3. Wait for HP to detect the product. Alternatively, enter the laptop model number in the search box > submit.
4. Choose the operating system you are using.
5. Download & save the recent update. Double-click the saved setup file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver update.
Wait for the process to complete.
Method 2 – Update the HP Laptop driver through the Device Manager
You can also update HP Elitebook 840 G6, HP Probook 453s, and HP Elitebook 840 G5 drivers using the steps mentioned below.
Windows has a built-in utility called Device Manager to keep drivers updated and avoid facing any driver-related issues. Using it, you can manually download, install and update HP drivers. To learn how to use it, follow these steps:
1. Right-click the Windows Start button > select Device Manager
2. This will open the Device Manager window. Here, look for the category you wish to update the driver. Double-click the category to expand the list. Right-click, the driver > Update driver.
3. Next, click Search automatically for drivers.
4. Windows will look for an available update. If available, it will be automatically downloaded and installed in the background.
5. Restart the PC to apply changes.
Method 3 – Automatically update HP Pavilion laptop drivers (Recommended)
If the above two methods are overwhelming, try Advanced Driver Updater to identify and update drivers quickly. The utility searches the device for outdated drivers and displays the most recent suitable driver updates.
Furthermore, the tool creates a backup before updating drivers. It also allows scheduling driver scans, excludes incompatible drivers, and offers a money-back guarantee.
Follow these instructions to use Advanced Driver Updater. You may update drivers using both the free and registered versions. However, the FREE version only enables you to update one driver at a time, but the paid version allows you to update all outdated drivers at once.
1. Download and install Advanced Driver Updater.
2. Run the driver updating tool to update HP Probook 4530s, HP Elitebook 840 G5, HP Pavilion G6, and HP Elitebook 840 G6 drivers.
3. Wait for the scan to finish.
4. Check the scan results and update the respective drivers. FREE version users use the Update driver link, while paid users can use the Update All button to update problematic drivers.
5. Restart the PC to apply changes.
Now try using your HP laptop. You should not face any problems.
Wrap Up –
In this post, we shared different methods to update HP laptop drivers. It is entirely up to the user which steps to follow. However, if you are short on time or don’t feel comfortable updating drivers manually, use Advanced Driver Updater. Using this driver updating tool in just a few clicks, you can update outdated drivers and save yourself from encountering issues caused due to outdated drivers.
We hope you find the tutorial helpful and were able to update HP laptop drivers. Share your feedback and suggestion with us in the comments section. For any product-related questions, you can send an email to email@example.com.