We understand duplicate Images ruin the photo viewing experience. Fortunately, this problem can be easily fixed using Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro & other free techniques that we explain below.
Running out of storage space on Windows PC even after having a 500 GB hard disk and more is expected. Still, instead of looking for duplicate images, we go around uninstalling apps. Agreed, it’s up to the user how he would like to fix the issue. However, we would recommend removing duplicate photos first if you ask us.
No matter how careful you are in saving or transferring files, there’s always a chance that identical images accumulate on the PC. Luckily, there’s an easy way to find and remove duplicate photos from Windows 11/10/8/7, and we will discuss it in the following sections. We are sure by the time you finish reading this article, you will be able to recover sufficient space.
The Easiest Way to Clean Duplicate Photos in Windows 11/10/8/7
The quickest and safest way to remove duplicates from a PC is to use a duplicate photos finder tool like Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro. With the help of this software, you can perform the following task:
Free Ways to Detect and Delete Duplicate Photos – Windows 11/10/8/7
Method 1 – Deleting Duplicate Photos For Free Using File Explorer
File Explorer, popularly known as Windows Explorer, is the default file manager of Windows. Individuals use it to organize files as there is no direct option to delete duplicate photographs. However, some workarounds will help remove duplicate images using File Explorer.
Note : This is a time-consuming process.
- Press Windows + E to launch File Explorer.
- Go to the folder you wish to check for identical images.
- In the search field box, type kind: pictures.
Note : To identify specific file format after typing kind: pictures type: JPEG. This will show all JPEG format images.
- You’ll now see all the images saved in the folder.
- To change the viewing mode, go to the View tab and select the option of your choice.
- Right-click on space and select Sort by Size or Name
- Preview and compare photos. Select the duplicate ones > and click the Delete button.
Tip : When searching for duplicate images, never search the Program Files, Windows, and PrefLogs folder. Deleting anything, even the duplicates, is not safe from these folders.
Method 2: Cleaning Duplicate Using Photos App
Besides using File Explorer, some Windows users use Microsoft Photos to arrange their images. To identify duplicates in Microsoft Photos, disable the Linked duplicates option. To do so, go to Microsoft Photos Settings and flip the Linked duplicates toggle to Off.
Now, you can search for duplicate images concealed by Photos App for easy browsing,
- Launch the Microsoft Photos app.
- Click Collection tab > sift through the image and identify duplicates.
- Select files to delete and hit the Trash can icon.
- Click Delete to confirm the action.
Automatic Way to Clean Duplicates
Finding and Deleting Duplicates Automatically Using Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro
If you have an extensive photo collection, the above 2 methods can be time-consuming and overwhelming. Fortunately, this task can be automated with Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro. It is a duplicate photo cleaner tool for PC that searches the areas you specify for duplicate photographs.
Instead of finding duplicates based on the name, the duplicate picture finder identifies them based on the content. Also, it identifies similar-looking images helping get a duplicate-free and easy-to-manage photo collection. To use the tool, follow these steps:
- Download and install Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro.
- Launch the tool and add the folder to scan by clicking the Add Folder button. Alternatively, you can drag and drop the photos.
- Also, you can scan Google Drive; to do so, click the down arrow and select Google Drive.
- After adding the location for scanning, select the comparison method, Exact Match or Similar Match, and set the Matching Level.
- Next, click Scan for Duplicates and let the scan finish.
- Preview scan results and select the images you want to delete. The right pane will give the Metadata information about the pictures.
Note : Even after the scanning is finished, if you want, you can change the Matching Level by adjusting the slider.
- If selecting images manually is not what you want, use the Auto Mark feature. It will choose duplicates automatically, leaving one in each group unselected.
- In addition to this, to set Auto Mark rules, you can use Selection Assistant.
- After selecting duplicates, click Delete Marked to remove duplicate redundant images and recover space.
Furthermore, to delete exact duplicates, instead of selecting Similar Match (Recommended) from Home Screen, go with Exact Match. This will help detect duplicates that are an identical match without editing.
Cleaning duplicate images from your computer is beneficial. However, manually locating and removing duplicates can be time-consuming. Professional software identifies duplicates from any photo collection, large or small, to effortlessly clean duplicates. Remove duplicates with ease using Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro.