Sound is one of the most crucial components of any PC. It allows you to interact with your system in a more immersive way. Hence when there is an audio issue, the experience is hampered.
While the Conexant ISST software has been popular for Windows users, there have been various issues and errors. Audio not working after the update is one of the most basic, and this blog discusses how to fix it. Alongside this, we will also discuss why Conexant ISST audio is not working on Windows and how Advanced Driver Updater can be a game changer.
Without delay, let’s jump right to the solutions.
What is Conexant ISST, and What are its Common Errors?
Conexant ISST is one of the essential components commonly used on a PC to enhance sound output and quality. It helps process sound outputs and inputs from your sound card to your speakers and microphone.
However, after Conexant Systems Inc. went bankrupt, Windows users started to face problems with the software package. This makes understanding common issues and how to fix them essential.
Common Conexant Issues
- Conexant’s HD audio microphone is not working properly. It happens when the driver is corrupt and not working properly.
- A static noise while playing sounds. This results from the poor connection of audio devices or driver issues.
- Test tone error. This occurs when there’s an issue with the sound card.
These errors interfere with your experience and thus sacrifice the sound quality of your PC. So what can be done to resolve these issues? Well, let’s find out!
Ways to Fix Conexant ISST Audio not Working
1. Remove Any Audio Enhancements
In most cases, playing around with audio configuration causes common issues with Conexant ISST audio. You can make enhancements to the sounds at your convenience. However, when you have made them, irrespective of their functionality, they may cause an error.
To remove these enhancements, follow these steps –
- On your Windows 11 PC, press Windows + I to open Windows settings.
- Go to sounds.
- Here, scroll down to find All sound devices option.
- You can see default devices selected for output and input through all sound devices. Since the issue is related to the sound not working, click on the default audio output device.
- On clicking it, you will find an Audio enhancements option. Open the dropdown menu and toggle it off.
For Windows 10 –
- Locate the speaker icon on your taskbar in the extreme right corner.
- Right-click on it to find the properties of the default device.
- In Properties, you can find enhancements in the top bar menu.
- Click on Enhancements and then mark Disable all enhancements box. Click on Apply before exiting.
Restart your PC once you have disabled the enhancements on both Windows 11 and 10. This should eliminate any user-created issues with the Conexant audio.
2. Run the Audio Output Troubleshooter
When you do not know what is causing the error, rely on the tried and tested methods. One such method is running Windows Troubleshooter. Here’s how to do it –
- Open Windows Settings and click on Sounds.
- Scroll down to find the Troubleshoot common sound problems and click on output devices.
- This will initiate the troubleshooting instantly.
The process is similar for Windows 10 as well.
- Press Windows + I to open Settings.
- In Settings, click on Update & Security.
- From the left panel, choose the Troubleshoot option.
- In the available options, click on Run the Troubleshooter to play audio.
The process yields the best results when followed with a restart.
3. Update Your PC Audio Drivers
One of the most crucial things for any audio device is its drivers. Conexant audio stresses using the latest version of the drivers as the most common PC audio issues originate from an outdated driver.
Finding appropriate drivers for manual installation can be tricky. Advanced Driver Updater is the best way to handle driver updates. It is a tool that scans your PC for outdated drivers at regular intervals, finds the best driver files to install, and installs them.
The best part is that it supports Windows 11, 10, and other versions. Here’s how you can update your Conexant ISST audio drivers on Windows –
- Download the application on your PC.
- Run the application. You will find an option to run a scan. Click on it to initiate.
- Once the scan is running, give it time to complete. It will find out how many outdated drivers you are currently using.
- Review the results, and click on Update All. If you want to update single-driver, click on the Update driver link corresponding to the driver.
- Wait as the software will install the file on your computer. Restart the PC once the process is complete.
This is the quickest and easiest way to get rid of driver issues on your PC. The tool is reliable and never makes a mistake in identifying an outdated driver.
Conexant ISST Audio Not Working Fixed!
With the help of these three ways, you can get rid of your PC’s sound issues. Remember that sound issues on Windows are common and can quickly appear with even the most minute changes. So make sure you avoid any alterations.
Keeping your PC drivers updated can help you avoid such issues easily, so make sure you have Advanced Driver Updater installed. The Conexant ISST audio not working error is nothing to worry about if you have the correct tools with you.
With that, we have reached the end of this blog. I hope you understand how to fix the Conexant ISST audio issues on your Windows 10/11 PC. Leave a line to share what helped you the best.
Catch you at the next one!
How to Fix M Audio Fast Track Driver For Windows 11, 10
How To Fix OBS Desktop Audio Not Working
How to Download and Update Realtek Audio Console in Windows 11, 10, 8, 7
How to Download Gigabyte Audio Driver on Windows 11,10,8,7