It seems your Brother L2300D monochrome laser printer has stopped working; this is why you are here reading this post. Here we will discuss how to update the Brother HL-2300D driver and get the printer working on getting your documents printed.
The compact Brother HL-2250DN is an easy-to-use and popular Laser Printer for home users. Its small size makes it handy and but without a printer driver, you cannot use the printer flawlessly. Hence, here we will discuss the best ways to download Brother HL-L2300D driver and update it.
How To Update Brother HL-L2300D Printer Driver
There are two ways in which drivers can be updated. One is an automatic way for which we will use a driver updating tool like Advanced Driver Updater, while the other is manual.
Option 1 – Automatic (Recommended) – This is the fastest and easiest option to update drivers. With its help, you can accurately update all outdated drivers.
Option 2 – Manual – To update drivers on your own, you need computer skills, patience, and time. Moreover, the risk of updating drivers incorrectly will always be there.
Must Read: How To Fix a Printer Driver is Unavailable
Option 1 – Update Brother HL-L2300D Drivers Automatically
If manually playing around with the printer’s settings is what scares you, you can do so automatically with Advanced Driver Updater. The driver updater will detect the outdated driver, automatically extracts the setup file, and runs it to install the update for Brother HL-L2240D driver. You don’t need to follow any prompts for it. You need to click the Update driver option next to the driver you want to update if using the Free version. However, using a Paid version, you can use the Update All button.
Advanced Driver Updater identifies your device, checks the PC for old drivers, and downloads the appropriate drivers for your device. It’s no need to know what type of hardware you own. Also, this software takes backup of old drivers.
Following are the instructions to use Advanced Driver Updater
- Download and install Advanced Driver Updater.
- Run Advanced Driver Updater and click Start Scan Now button. The software will now detect problematic drivers and will list them for you.
- To update an individual driver, click Update driver next to it.
- However, if you want to update all faulty drivers, use Update All. Remember, only paid users can use the Update all outdated driver to click on updated All button.
- Restart the PC to save changes.
- Now that the Brother L2300D printer is updated try using the printer.
Note : Registered users can benefit from the technical support and for any assistance, send an email to email@example.com
Option 2 – Download, install and Update Brother HL – L2300D Driver Manually
If third-party software doesn’t appeal to you, you can get the latest drivers for your device from the manufacturer’s site. To get this done, you just need to visit the manufacturer’s support section, click “Downloads” > select the correct operating system and version you are running, and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
To install Brother HL-L2300D driver, manually check the steps below to download :
- Go to the Brother support website.
- Using the search field, lookup for the printer model number.
- Click Downloads.
- Select the name and bit of the operating system you are using > click OK.
- Click Full Driver & Software Package (Recommended).
- Accept the terms and conditions.
- Double click the setup file to run the installation process > follow the on-screen instructions & install the driver.
That’s all. This is how you can update Brother HL-L2300D driver and get the printer working.
If the above steps don’t help, you can try the additional fixes below:
Run Printer Troubleshooter
- Press the Windows key + I.
- Click Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Additional troubleshooter.
- Click the Printer option > Run the troubleshooter.
- Restart the PC.
- Restart print spooler service
- Press Windows key + R
- Type Services.msc > press the Enter key.
- Look for Print Spooler service > right-click and select Stop.
Once done, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Press Windows key + R
- Copy and paste the following command C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS and press the Enter key.
- Delete all files you see in this folder.
- After that, open the Run window, type Services.msc, and press the Enter key.
- Look for Print Spooler service > right-click > select Restart option.
- Reboot the PC and see if the Brother HL-2300D printer should be working.
So, this is all. Using either of the ways, you can download & update Brother HL – L2300D drivers and get any problem with the printer fixed. The easiest way to update drivers is to use a driver updating tool like Advanced Driver Updater. We hope you were able to fix all the problems. Please share your feedback with us in the comments section.