While using the system if you are getting frequent pop-up messages or your system’s performance has dropped, the chances are your system is infected with malware. Whether you are using a desktop or a laptop, you must know how to remove malware from your PC. Doing so ensures your data is secure and the PC’s performance is maintained.
Here’s how to scan the system for malware and remove it from Windows 10.
What is Malware?
Malware short for malicious software is an umbrella term for virus, spyware, ransomware, trojan, worms, and other threats.
Designed to damage the system, create havoc and steal data, malware are dangerous and ever-evolving. Depending on the type of malware its severity is defined. Some spread through drive-by download, others via phishing attacks, command-and-control server, system, and more.
This makes detecting and removing them difficult. Hence, we need sophisticated and advanced tools to identify and remove malware from the PC.
Here’s a graphical representation of total malware detected on Windows by AVTest this year along with the number of new malware detected.
Signs your system is infected by Malware.
- Slow and lagging computer performance.
- Applications take too long to start.
- System keeps crashing.
- Spam messages sent from your ID to friends’ social media account.
- New extensions getting installed without your knowledge.
- 100% CPU usage and system heating issues
- Internet connection is slower than usual.
- A lot of pop-ups are opening on the system.
- Unknown applications getting installed.
- Web browser default home page changes
- Computer becomes unresponsive.
- New icons appear on the desktop.
- Unable to access Command Prompt, Control Panel, or Registry Editor
- Access to security website is blocked
The above signs don’t necessarily mean your system is infected. They can be a result of some other technical issue. However, if you experience two or three of them at the same time, to be on the safer side, we suggest running an antivirus & check the system for infections.
How to Remove Malware from Windows 10
You might read posts explaining various ways to remove malware from PCs. But it all comes down to one thing: either use a third-party tool or Windows in-built tool.
Hence, we will explain these two ways and will help get rid of the malware. One is using Windows built-in malware scanner and the other is using third-party tools like Systweak Antivirus.
The former is free but is not very effective. While the latter does involve paying but it’s worth it. Designed specifically for Windows and offered by Systweak known for PC optimization and security tools, Systweak Antivirus is a trusted and reliable malware cleaner.
As the name explains this security tool helps clean malware infections, PUP, adware, ransomware, spyware, and other threats. Most importantly its database definitions are updated regularly, and it even detects zero data exploits. Its real-time protection and web protection keep you safe from any kind of infection that might try to get into the system.
As you read further, we will explain how to use both the tools and remove malware.
1. Press Windows + I to open Windows Settings
2. Click Update & Security.
3. This will open a new window here select Recovery from the left pane
4. Click Restart now under Advanced Startup
5. You will now be in the Windows Recovery Environment.
6. Hit Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Settings under Advanced Options window
7. Click Restart
8. Once the device reboots you will get a list of options. Select the 5th option or press F5.
9. You will now enter Safe Mode with Networking
10. Now that your system is running in Safe with Networking, you can download definition updates to scan the system for malware with Systweak Antivirus.
How to remove malware from PC using Windows built-in security tool
1. Press Windows + I to open the Windows Settings window
2. Click Update & Security
3. From the left pane, click Windows Security
4. Thereafter, click Virus & threat protection
5. This will open a new window. Click Scan options > Full scan > Scan now
6. Wait for the process to finish. Since we are running Full scan, it will take time. Therefore, we recommend a scanning system when it is in an ideal
Note: Like other security tools, Windows also scans the system in the background without interfering with normal functioning.
7. Once done, you will get a prompt informing you about the number of threats if any detected.
8. Clean the detected threats and restart the system.
You should now no longer get pop-up messages and the system’s performance should be improved.
How to get rid of malware using Systweak Antivirus the best anti-malware tool
To use Systweak Antivirus and remove malware from Windows, follow the steps below:
1. Download and install Systweak Antivirus.
2. Launch the protection tool for Windows.
3. Click the Scan Type to select from different scanning types:
- Quick Scan – it is less time-consuming as it checks only the crucial areas.
- Deep Scan – as the name infers is in-depth and thorough. It scans all folders and subfolders for infections. Making it impossible for malware to hide.
- Custom Scan – it is more time-consuming than Quick Scan. Plus, the user gets to choose the location to scan for threats.
4. Click the Quick Scan, Deep Scan, and Custom Scan button as per the choice you made and scan the system for malware infections.
5. Wait for the scanning to finish.
6. Systweak Antivirus will list all the detected threats. Thereafter, to Quarantine detected malware infection and other nasty threats, click Protect Now.
7. This will remove the malware from the PC and will show a threat summary.
8. Reboot the system, you should no longer be bothered by annoying pop-up messages and unwanted apps.
Note: Systweak offers a trial version of its Antivirus tool, this means you can check the functionality of the product. Also, it comes with a 60-day money guarantee that sufficient time to know how the product works and help stay protected.
How to remove malware?
Hopefully, using the two ways explained above you are able to remove malware from your PC. Both the methods are thorough in their own way. But if you are looking for a tool that provides all-round protection without eating up system resources Systweak Antivirus is the answer. This antivirus tool alongside cleaning malware, virus, PUP, and other threats also offer web protection, firewall protection, real-time scanning. Furthermore, it gives options like –
Installing StopAll Ads browser ad blocker
Scanning startup items for malware.
Using these advanced features, you can stay protected.
We hope you will give it a try. Do share your feedback and suggestions in the comments section. If you have any product related question, feel free to send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org