If there’s one thing that has seen consistent improvement and evolution, it surely is the gaming experience on a PC. At a given time, CDs and DVDs were the ultimate sources of games. Still, the internet replaced them, and today, they are obsolete. With social gaming applications like Battle.net that help you install, patch, and launch all the titles from a single application, gaming has gone to another level.
Battle.net is a dedicated client that ensures your game runs on the latest version and that all the local files are free of errors. While the platform offers some amazing features, there are times when a little thing like low internet speed can bother your experience.
Have you ever experienced low download speed on Battle.net while your internet connection is neither weak nor slow? If yes, then don’t let it pass as a simple internet error, as there is a lot you can do on your PC to enhance the speed.
Internet speed is crucial when you are downloading gigantic games. In this blog, let’s explore a few practices that can help you increase Battle.net download speed.
Increase Battle.net Download Speed With the Following Effective Practices
1. Prioritize Your Downloads
The first thing you should do is keep your Battle.net downloads on priority. That simply means giving all your PC internet bandwidth to the download speed for Battle.net. If you tend to watch videos or download multiple files on your browser while Battle.net is running downloads, the Internet speed is bound to decrease for the game as it gets divided.
What you can do to fix the issues is –
- You can plan your Battle.net downloads during the hours when you are working on something else or sleeping, for that matter.
- You can shut down all the services using the internet to provide an undivided internet speed.
- Pause downloading your Windows Updates until the game is loaded, as Windows Updates take a lot of data and impact the internet speed.
Go to Start→ Windows Updates → Pause updates.
You must optimize your downloading pattern else you might not be able to increase the download speeds for Battle.net.
2. Make sure you are not using a Metered Connection
When not connected to Wi-Fi, a metered connection is a way to prevent the Windows Update program from using all your data. It reduces data usage for background downloads and saves your data and enhances surfing speed, downloading on Battle.net. Hence, keeping it off is a good idea to enhance your download speeds.
Here’s how you can check whether you are on a metered connection.
- Click on the Wi-Fi/network icon on your Taskbar.
- This will bring up the network you are connected to. Click on the little I button on the top to explore its properties.
- As soon as you open the Network settings, you can find a toggle for metered connection.
- Toggle it off if it is On.
- Disconnect and Reconnect to the same source.
This simple practice can enhance your internet speed while downloading games through Battle.net.
3. Change Download Bandwidth Settings for Battle.net
The Battle.net client comes with an inbuilt bandwidth limiter to save data and maintain a uniform download speed throughout the download. This limiter works as a barrier for Battle.net to use your current internet speed to its full potential, as it allows you to use the internet on other applications, too, while it uses a limited bandwidth.
Here are the steps you can follow to change the limit download bandwidth –
Note : Make sure you pause your current downloads if there are any before changing the settings.
Step 1 – Open Battle.net on your PC and navigate to its settings using the dropdown menu from the top left corner.
Step 2 – In the settings, you can find downloads in the left panel. Click on it to find download settings.
Step 3 – You can find the Limit download bandwidth option in the available options. Unmark the option.
Step 4 – Click on done to save your changes after changing the settings.
These four steps can help unlock all the bandwidth your internet connection offers. You can easily observe a significant boost in download speed.
4. Check Your Network Adapter Drivers for an Update
While we are at it, if you feel that your internet connection has slowed down over time, there is a chance that your network adapter is outdated. If you can get higher speeds on your smartphone using the same network, your PC might run an outdated network adapter driver.
A network adapter is a component that connects your computer with other devices and the internet. If it is outdated you will face issues with download speed and overall internet usage. To ensure that you never have outdated network adapter drivers, install Advanced Driver Updater.
What is that? Advanced Driver Updater is a simple yet effective tool that allows you to avoid all the hassle of manually downloading and installing driver updates for individual drivers and works as a centralized platform for your device drivers.
It is super easy to use too. You can download the tool from the link below and try it yourself.
To resolve the network adapter issue, here’s what you have to do –
- Open and install the Advanced Driver Updater on your PC.
- Click on Start Scan Now button to initiate the search for all the outdated drivers, including the network adapter.
- This will initiate a quick scan for all the drivers. Let it finish.
- As soon as the scan is over, you will have a list of outdated drivers on your PC.
- Click on update all to get over with all the updates at once.
- The tool will automatically fetch, download and install the updates on your PC.
Updating your network adapter will automatically boost your internet speed for overall usage. When you deviate your entire download bandwidth to the Battle.net.
The above practices can help you get the best download speeds for Battle.net games. If you are experiencing lower internet speeds on a general basis, make sure you start with Advanced Driver Updater and update the network adapter, as that might give you the best results.
This brings us to the end of this blog. Let me know in the comments which practice helped you achieve better Battle.net download speed. For more such content, follow us on our social handles Like Facebook & Twitter. Good Luck!