Perhaps you are reading this tutorial because you struggle with the “Bluetooth peripheral device driver not found” error.
Luckily, here we will discuss different workable solutions to fix Bluetooth peripheral device driver not found” errors on Windows 11,10 and other older versions.
What is a Bluetooth Peripheral Device Driver?
Bluetooth device drivers play a crucial role in transferring data. However, when the Bluetooth peripheral device driver is outdated, corrupt, or damaged, you might encounter a Bluetooth peripheral device driver not found, an error on Windows 11,10, or other older versions of the Windows operating system. Due to this, when you try connecting Bluetooth-enabled devices like keyboards, mice, headphones, microphones, etc., you face issues. The best way to fix this problem is to update the outdated Bluetooth peripheral device driver.
Luckily, there are different ways to fix this error and update the Bluetooth device driver for Windows 7.
Best and Recommended Method to Fix Bluetooth Peripheral Driver Not Found Error
Users who faced Bluetooth peripheral device drivers issues could resolve them by updating the driver. Hence, we suggest using Advanced Driver Updater. This driver updating tool for Windows can detect and update Bluetooth peripheral device drivers for Windows 7.
Advanced Driver Updater, before updating drivers, takes a complete backup of them and updates them without you needing to provide any information.
To get this excellent driver updating tool click the download button below:
Reasons for “Bluetooth Peripheral Device Not Found” Error:
- Accidental removal of system files
- Upgraded Windows 10 from Windows 7.
- Reinstalled Windows.
- Failed Windows Update.
- Formatted the hard drive.
How To Confirm The Error is Due to Missing Bluetooth Driver?
Due to various reasons, Bluetooth peripheral devices might stop working and responding. To confirm if a missing device driver is a reason behind the Bluetooth peripheral device driver, the error follows these steps:
1. Press Windows + X > select Device Manager from the context menu.
2. Look for “Bluetooth Peripheral Device” and double-click the Other devices section.
3. If you see a yellow exclamation mark adjacent next to a Bluetooth driver name, as shown on the screen below, it means the device driver is outdated and is the reason behind the device driver issue.
Best Ways to Fix Bluetooth Peripheral Device Driver Issue
Solution 1: Manually Updating Bluetooth Device Driver
Note : To update the driver manually, you need to know the device model number and name and version of the operating system.
Follow these steps to update Bluetooth peripheral device Windows 7 64 bit.
1. Updating Bluetooth Peripheral Driver From the Official Website:
As explained, to manually get the Bluetooth peripheral device driver downloaded, you need to know the name and version of the operating system and device model. Once the information is collected, follow these steps to update the driver manually.
To get information about the operating system, click Windows + I > System > About.
Now, visit the official website > and look for the Bluetooth peripheral device driver version.
Download the executable driver update file.
Double-click on the setup files and finish the installation process.
Restart the system to apply changes, and that’s it.
If you find the right Bluetooth driver model number, follow the steps below to update the driver via Device Manager.
2. Updating Bluetooth Peripheral Device Driver for Windows Through Device Manager
1. Press Windows + X > select Device Manager from the context menu.
2. Go to the “Other Devices” category > double-click to expand it.
3. Right-click on the “Bluetooth Peripheral Device” > “Update Driver.
4. Select, Search automatically for updated driver software and wait for Windows to look for available updates.
- If you have downloaded the setup file from the manufacturer’s website or have the CD, select the second option of “Browse my computer for driver software.”
5. Select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.”
6. Choose Have Disk option > Browse > select Browse, as shown in the screenshot below.
7. Choose the downloaded setup file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the peripheral driver.
9. Restart the PC to apply changes, and that’s it.
Solution 2: Download Microsoft Mobile Device
By downloading Microsoft Mobile Device, you can fix the Bluetooth peripheral device driver not installed error. To do so, follow these steps:
1. Download Microsoft Mobile Device from the official Microsoft Download Center.
2. Double-click on the setup files to initiate installation.
3. Press Windows + X > Device Manager > double click Other devices
4. Right-click the Bluetooth Peripheral Device > Update driver > Browse my computer for driver software >Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
5. Select Bluetooth Radios > Next.
6. Choose Microsoft Cooperation from the list of Manufacturers.
7. After that, select Windows Mobile-based device support as shown in the screenshot below
8. Follow the on-screen instructions and click Finish to complete the process.
9. Restart the PC to apply changes, and that’s it. That Bluetooth peripheral device will now be updated.
Solution 3: Updating Bluetooth Device Driver with Advanced Driver Updater
If the above steps are too much work and you don’t like following these many steps, you can use Advanced Driver Updater, the best tool to update drivers.
Using Advanced Driver Updater, you can update outdated drivers easily without collecting any information. Also, you can schedule driver scanning and take a backup of outdated drivers.
Why Use Advanced Driver Updater?
- Automatically scans the system for outdated drivers.
- Shows compatible updates
- In just a few clicks helps update the driver
- All the driver updates are thoroughly tested
- This tool offers an extensive up-to-date driver database.
- Take a complete backup of drivers before updating the driver.
Steps to Update Bluetooth Peripheral Driver Using Advanced Driver Update.
Step 1: Download and install Advanced Driver Updater.
Step 2: Run the tool and hit the Scan Now button to detect outdated, problematic, corrupt drivers.
Step 3: Review scan results. If you are using the FREE version, click the Update driver next to the Bluetooth driver to update it. However, if you use the registered version, you can update outdated drivers by clicking the Update All button.
Step 4: Restart the PC after updating the driver to apply changes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Above, we discussed manual and automatic ways to update Bluetooth peripheral drivers on Windows 11,10, and other older versions. Wherever you face the “Bluetooth peripheral device driver not found” error, you can use any method to update the driver. However, if you want to update drivers without worrying and thinking about risking the system, use Advanced Driver Updater, the best tool to update outdated drivers. We hope you like the information we share. Please share your feedback in the comments.