Intel Rapid Storage Technology is a great way to enhance your PC’s storage capabilities. If you are using multiple storage devices, from SATA hard drives to SSDs, Intel® RST is a must-have for you.
Intel Rapid Storage Technology, commonly referred to as Intel® RST, is a dedicated program created primarily to enhance data efficiency and storage capabilities on an Intel-powered PC. Computers with multiple storage devices working together as an integrated entity need Intel® Rapid Storage Technology to support the RAID (redundant array of independent storage).
Like any other component, it also requires proper setup and drivers to function properly. In this blog, you will learn how to download Intel® Storage Technology Driver on Windows.
Different Ways to Download Intel Rapid Storage Technology Drivers for PC
The drivers installed on a PC for Intel RST play a crucial role in managing the assets. When your PC is unable to handle the storage issues, chances are you are running outdated drivers for rapid storage technology.
The process of keeping track of drivers for Intel RST is quite similar to handling any other drivers. However, the crashing of Intel® RST drivers on a PC usually results in the error “Intel® Rapid Storage Technology service is not running”.
If you are facing a similar issue on your PC, this blog has the solution for you, so make sure you read the post till the end.
Ways to download Intel® Rapid Storage Technology drivers on Windows.
1. Download Driver Files From Intel®‘s Official Website & Install
You can visit the official Intel® website and find the latest RST drivers for your PC. To give you a perspective, here’s what you have to do –
- Click here to access the official release of the Intel RST driver.
- You will find three files dedicated to Intel Rapid Storage Technology. Download the first file, named SetupRST.exe, to get the RST driver installer.
- Once you have downloaded the file, run it to initiate installation.
- Follow the instructions shown in the Intel Framework installation wizard. When done, restart your PC to apply changes.
To ensure the drivers work smoothly, finish the complete process of RAID installation. Once the entire process is followed, you are all set to use the features of Intel Rapid Storage Technology.
2. Uninstall & Reinstall Intel® RST Drivers Using Device Manager
The above technique helps download the latest drivers with setup components. But if the installed driver requires an update, then what? In this case, you can use your PC’s built-in Device Manager and start the driver update process.
Here’s what you got to do –
- Press Windows + X to bring up the quick access menu and select Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager, click on Storage Controllers to expand the available options
- Find Intel® Rapid Storage Technology or Intel Chipset SATA RAID Controller
- Double Click on the tool to open the Properties window.
- Click the Driver tab to find the installed driver version.
- From the available options, click on the Update Driver button. .
- Let the windows search for the latest drivers, and it will be automatically updated.
Depending on your operating system’s availability and your PC requirement, the Windows driver updater will fetch the best available services for you.
3. Download & Update Intel® RST Drivers with Advanced Driver Updater
While the process seems easy to follow on paper, it poses many difficulties as the confusion caused while downloading the file, manually configuring the drivers, and working with RAID might not be the cup of tea for every user.
The best way to handle all types of driver issues of your Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver is to use Advanced Driver Updater.
The tool works in 5 easy steps –
Step 1 – Download and install Advanced Driver Updater on your PC
Step 2 – Scan your PC using Advanced Driver Updater for malfunctioned/unavailable drivers
Step 3 – The software will instantly scan your PC for all the drivers. Let it complete the process.
Step 4 – Once the scan is complete, you can find the number of missing or outdated drivers on your computer.
Step 5 – Click on the Update driver and let the software work.
By the time the software finishes updates, all the problematic/outdated drivers on your PC, including Intel Rapid Storage Technology drivers, are updated.
The tool saves you a lot of hassle as you are not involved in any technical processing. Just click on scan, and let the tool handle the entire process.
Using the Intel RST on your RAID-based PC is handy. It offers the best features and gives your storage management a boost in performance. Intel Rapid Storage Technology is a blessing for your PC if you have multiple SATA drives powering your storage controllers. Intel Rapid Storage Technology is a blessing for your PC if you have multiple SATA drives powering your storage controllers.
If you are not a computer geek, downloading the Advanced Driver Updater is the best way to handle all the problems. The blog helps you update your Intel RST drivers easily. Good luck!
Fix – Unable To Connect To Intel 82579LM Gigabit Network Connectivity Driver
How to Download Intel HD Graphics 4600 Driver in Windows 10
How to Download & Install Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 Drivers
How to Download Intel Iris Xe Graphics Driver